New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Aussie GPT Bill Validator problems  (Read 1221 times)

Offline mjfisher

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mjfisher New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Aussie GPT Bill Validator problems
« on: April 20, 2017, 05:19:09 AM »
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me.  I've finally got my Aristocrat MKV/MVP  (with MK6 board) running after a lot of time, frustration, a bit of expense and a nagging wife and overall I'm pretty happy with it.  There are two things left on my to do list.  The first is a replacement vga fan which is on order and the second is my Bill Note Acceptor.  I'm flying pretty blind here as I don't have another machine, acceptor to swap with and I really have no clue what I'm doing with this or what else I can check.

It's a GPT Bill Acceptor (set up AUD).  When I switch on the machine all the lights on the bezel turn on for about a second and then go out.  The motor doesn't start running at all.  There is a red light at the back of the acceptor near the harness plug which flashes about  9 times, stops and then repeats.  The blue note optic (?) inside the acceptor is on, and the red lights inside the acceptor just behind the bezel are on also.  If I try to place a note the red "Stop" light on the bezel comes on.  All the dip switches are in their up position and the acceptor is detected as a 2.2 acceptor - if I change that option it complains.  The harness seems to be wired correctly (I checked them against another thread on here) and I've checked each wire on the harness end to end to make sure there are not broken/loose connections between the acceptor and the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows where I could get a cheap replacement acceptor that would be great.

Thanks for your help,
Mick

Offline mjfisher

• NLG
Re: Aussie GPT Bill Validator problems
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:05:48 AM »
Just bumping this - if anyone could even point me in the direction of somewhere to buy a cheap replacement validator that would fit and work with this that would be great.  Thanks.

Offline jasongd

• Reputation Power: 2
  • jasongd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:30:14 AM »
https://na.suzohapp.com/wp/categories
Warehouse in Eastern part of Melbourne
Cheers

Offline mjfisher

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 05:15:35 AM »
Thanks a lot for the reply.  I'll take a look :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal