New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CEI Hot Slot - Need Help  (Read 7494 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: CEI Hot Slot - Need Help
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
ok, thanks. I'm wondering if a standard 3.6 volt battery could maybe be connected to the correct 2 places on the mpu board to do what this smart battery is doing. If so that would be much easier and lower cost to replace when needed. Generally the battery voltage is just to keep the cmos ram alive when the machine is powered off. I believe the smart battery provides a longlife battery voltage plus it has an output signal to tell of impending battery failure, some circuit boards don't use that feature.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline PowerGenSeller

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PowerGenSeller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 07:45:09 AM »
I have to say that you guys are really terrific, and thanks for all of your help.  I have an embarrassing question that demonstrates that I am probably in over my head.

When I received the reel error "E41r", I removed the Opto-Sensors and cleaned them to make certain that they could "see" (even though they are IR).  I replaced them and then realized that the harnesses that connect the lights with the sensors are interchangeable.  I never expected that this would be possible, hence I did not pay attention to orientation when I removed the wiring harnesses.  I replaced them all so that they are configured the same, which means that they are all wired correctly or all wrong.  Here is a picture, along with a picture of two spare opto-sensors that I received when I bought the machine.

Finally, I have ordered a replacement Dallas Smart Battery DS1260-100 from Hong Kong, with a date code "0722C2  090762".

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 03:51:58 PM »
ok, thanks. I'm wondering if a standard 3.6 volt battery could maybe be connected to the correct 2 places on the mpu board to do what this smart battery is doing. If so that would be much easier and lower cost to replace when needed. Generally the battery voltage is just to keep the cmos ram alive when the machine is powered off. I believe the smart battery provides a longlife battery voltage plus it has an output signal to tell of impending battery failure, some circuit boards don't use that feature.
I tore our whole library apart and could not find schematics.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:58 PM »
I tore our whole library apart and could not find schematics.

ok, thank you for looking!
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 06:42:30 PM »
See attached. I found this on www.datasheetcatalog.com

Shows where a battery could be attached.

Offline PowerGenSeller

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 07:18:46 PM »
Got it/ Thanks.  I'll let you know when the new battery arrives.

Any thoughts on the wiring scheme of the opto-sensors?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »
red and black is usually the anode (red) and cathode (black) leads.

Offline PowerGenSeller

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:16 AM »
The red and black wires on this device go to the servo motor.  I am fairly confident the LED side is wired correctly with orange on the anode and green on the cathode.  As far as the reflective sensor, it's connector has two colors, purple and blue.  The purple is connected to the anode.  The blue to the cathode. 

Therefore, I believe the opto-sensors are all correctly wired.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 08:21:16 AM »
I usually take a quick photo of something like this before I take it apart. Good insurance for when you put it back together. Especially if it will be some time later, my memory isn't as good as it used to be!  :garfield:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 10:31:26 PM »
The red and black wires on this device go to the servo motor.  I am fairly confident the LED side is wired correctly with orange on the anode and green on the cathode.  As far as the reflective sensor, it's connector has two colors, purple and blue.  The purple is connected to the anode.  The blue to the cathode. 

Therefore, I believe the opto-sensors are all correctly wired.

There is another person here that recently bought a CEI Hot Slot. He could verify that your optic sensor is connected the same as the ones on his machine. Because you both have the same or similar machine it might benefit both of you to contact each other and compare stuff on the machines that you have questions about. Here is the recent discussion thread for the other person:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16783.msg89500#msg89500

One of his questions is about the reel strips, if they should all have the same part number or can one be a different number. Can you check the part number on your 3 strips and report what they are? Thanks!

Offline PowerGenSeller

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 06:38:50 AM »
Yes, thank you.  I have responded to his request.  My reels are sequentially numbered, 4012 #1, 4013 #2, and 4014 #3.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 09:14:09 AM »
Thanks for checking on those strip part numbers and helping him. He can probably send you a photo of his optic sensor if you have any doubts about how yours is connected, but if your machine is working ok I'd say it is wired properly. Do you know of someplace that would have information about the actual strip part numbers used on his machine? He'd like to confirm that his machine's strips are the correct ones and what order they should be installed.

Offline PowerGenSeller

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 10:42:06 AM »
Unfortunately, I have very little information and do not know where to turn for more detail, other than this blog.  Thank goodness for NewLifeGames. I am in the process of contributing, although the process is not so straight forward.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2017, 10:49:33 AM »
Here's a couple of ways to send in a donation to the NLG website and there may be other methods-

https://squareup.com/store/new-life-games-llc

http://www.newlifegames.net/donation.html

Offline PowerGenSeller

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
Thanks for the URL links. I donated $50 using the first link.

I just received a new Smart Battery.  I installed it in my machine and checked the voltage on the chip as suggested earlier.  The voltage on those pins is still reading -0.01vdc, basically the same as before.  However, this Smart Battery seems to work as well as the original one - at least I am back to getting the original error code of E41r.  I will try one more trick of replacing all three opto-sensors with new ones.  The original sensors were made by TRW and are not available anywhere.  I can't even dig out a drawing or info on the TRW sensors.  I will buy three new OPTEK Technology model OPB703 sensors.  The attached drawing shows that they are physically nearly the same and have the same lead configuration and electrical connections.  As with the TRW model, they emit IR and use a NPN output photo transistor.  I will make certain that they are adjusted to 3.8MM from the reflective surface, as shown on the diagram.

After that, I am out of ideas.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
Thanks for the URL links. I donated $50 using the first link......

Thank you for your donation!

Do you mean the voltage on the CMOS ram chip is missing, the measurement Badbaud mentioned back in reply #10? If the SmartBattery is good but the ram chip isn't getting the voltage then maybe a circuit board trace is broken. When stuff gets unsoldered and removed sometimes a circuit board connection gets broken. You can inspect the traces going from the battery to the cmos ram chip power pin and the ground pin. Or do a continuity check with a meter on those 2 traces from the battery to the ram chip.

Offline Patches

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Patches New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2023, 01:10:56 PM »
Powergenseller do you have more pics of inside I don't know what wires connect to coin switch I just got this machine and wires are just hanging there

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 262
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2023, 04:47:43 PM »
This is a nearly 6 year old thread. The OP hasn't logged on in over 5 1/2 years. You might want to post a new subject in this forum for the CEI.  :yes:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Patches

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Patches New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2023, 04:53:21 PM »
That's what I was afraid of

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal