New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: cei hot slot wheel optic  (Read 2031 times)

Offline ryan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ryan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
cei hot slot wheel optic
« on: August 05, 2017, 12:03:27 PM »
Hello I just bought an 1988 cei hot slot and I think the #1 wheel optic is bad it's error code is e4-d than I moved it to #2 and error code was e4 -dd so I think it's the optic eye does anyone have one for sale thanks for any info Ryan
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:11:30 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline ryan

• NLG
Re: cei hot slot wheel optic
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »
I was wrong it's not the optic eye #2 reel strip is for wrong game so if anyone knows how to get a new reel strips # 40317 they are the bar seven's Thanks for any info.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 08:52:49 PM »
On many slot machines the reel strips are not all 3 identical and you have to have them installed so that strip #1 is on reel #1, etc. Are you sure they are installed properly? You might have the correct strips but someone may have switched the reels or the strips around at one time.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline ryan

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »
Thanks for the info the strips I have are labled #1  40317 #2 40318 #3 40317 my books says code e4 -d means reel #2 has a bad strip or wrong strip. I'm thinking someone changed #2 strip to sell the machine I just bought it the other day hoping it would be an easy fix but I may never find strips for her

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »
Thanks for the info the strips I have are labled #1  40317 #2 40318 #3 40317 my books says code e4 -d means reel #2 has a bad strip or wrong strip. I'm thinking someone changed #2 strip to sell the machine I just bought it the other day hoping it would be an easy fix but I may never find strips for her

Could be that, or maybe not, often a machine will have a different strip not like the others because the symbols on it are supposed to be different. In fact, some machines have all 3 strips different. You will need to find out from someone familiar with your machine, or look at another machine like yours to know how the strips should be. Does the manual say anything about the strips? It could be that your machine has a wrong strip, but that error could be caused by other things also. Can you contact the seller about it, see what he says? Was it sold as a supposed working machine?

Have you checked that the reel #2 strip is installed correctly? The strip has to be on the reel a certain way, with the top edge of the strip starting at the home position of the reel.

The error you are getting might be from a dirty optic sensor, or a missing sensor clip on the reel. Look at the reels that are working ok, see how the optic sensor detects the rotation of the strip. There will be something on the rotating reel that the optic sensor "see" each time the reel comes around to its home position. On some machines there is a little plastic clip attached to the reel and it passes by the optic sensor. But on your machine it may be done a different way. Post photos of your good reel that isn't giving an error, showing the edge of the reel where it goes past the optic sensor and maybe we can see how it is done.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:24:13 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline ryan

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
This is the reel strip it reads the silver tabs all 3 reels are the same must be something with those little silver tabs here are some pic's

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »
The silver tabs are probably reflective, the sensor has a light transmitter and a light receiver. When the silver tab goes past the optic sensor the silver reflects the transmitted light back to the optic receiver and the machine knows that the home position on the reel just went by. That's how the machine knows when to stop the reel at a certain position so the desired symbol is on the payline.

Does the reel#2 that is giving the error have its silver tabs in good condition? Do you think the strip on reel#2 is installed correctly? Did you try swapping the optic sensor from reel#1 with the one at reel#2 to see if the error changes to reel#1?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »

If that is what's wrong you can prove it by putting a strip with number 40317 into the reel #2 position and putting the strip # 40318 onto reel #1 or reel #3. The error should change to whichever reel position you put the 40318 strip. You may not have to move the strips themselves if you can simply move the reels around.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 10:22:27 PM »
Hey - another person here recently posted about a CEI Hot Slot that he just bought. Maybe you could contact him and see what strips are on his machine, find out if they are all 3 the same number? Here is the discussion thread he had:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16700.msg88947#msg88947

You can send him a private message by clicking on "private message" under his username on the left side of any message he posted. Or just post a message in his discussion thread.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:38:53 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline ryan

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »
Thanks for the help I did move the reels around when I put reel #2 into the #3 spot error code changed to rc id then when I moved it to #1 spot it changed to error rc dd but I did look at the silver tabs all look good but when I line up the 7's the different reel # has different silver tab's I also messaged that guy hopfuly he can help and thank you so much !!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal