New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally model 1117 Monte Carlo  (Read 6368 times)

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally model 1117 Monte Carlo
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 06:04:02 PM »
Thank you everyone for your reply's, I checked my hopper and it does have the wiper board and everything looks good from what i can tell, I pulled the reel unit out and nothing inside looks burn or broken wires but everything moves very sloooowly, it is all covered in gummed up grease or oil its thick and you can see it sticking to the springs and gears, can I hose the thing down with brake cleaner and remove all that old goo ?? or will it damage the finger boards or coils, Scott I will call you, how late is to late, its 9 PM here... I am working on getting some photos posted and will have them on in 20 minutes or so....

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 06:31:56 PM »
Ok here are some photos of what i have found that looks broken or missing, the first is what i think is a missing payout counter on the upper door, the second is a broken wire below the coin mech on the lower door, the others are what look like clipped wires with possibly some missing parts, more photos in a few

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
Here are some more, the first picture is another view of pic 4 that I just posted it looks like tilt switches that have all been bent, the next is inside the cabinet along the wall in the back above the pull handle where some wire have been soldiered, and 2 are the hopper unit, and the last is the gunk inside the reel housing, more to come

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 08:24:58 PM »
The volume control on your V2000 Money Honey, you should see 2 small adjustments pot or knobs on your machines 3 boards stack inside under the monitor. One is for the left volume, the or is for the right. You might have to turn them up and down a couple times to clean there contacts.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Ballyslots-ballyslots

• scott bennett
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ballyslots-ballyslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 11:14:07 PM »
The red and blue wires in the top behind the feature unit went to the bell
The broken wire at the bottom left corner of the door goes to the  switch there that would count the coin overflow
The 3 wires at the top left corner of the door go to the coins dispensed meter
Non of those will stop the game from working
Just put a piece of heat shrink over the ends so you don't have shorts
Good pictures!

Scott

• scott bennett
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 11:19:24 PM »
I'm in Chicago I don't know where you are if you're east coast your 1 hour ahead  mountain time 1 hour behind west coast 2 hours behind
Feel free to call me between 9am to 9 pm
Please not after that my children are 1-1/2 and 4 we try to keep it quite after 9 pm after 9 pm I text

Scott

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »
Ok, I managed to get the reels freed up and they now spin when you push the plunger when the reel mech is out of the machine however the plunger or what ever its called does not return to its normal position to trip the switch which I believe is the handle release switch ( photos 1 & 2 ) it takes several minutes to retreat and even then not far enough to trip the switch most of the time...

I am also not getting any power to the coin diverter coils in and below the coin mech as it will not accept coins ( photos 3 ) and

I also noticed that the florescent light that lights the reels is missing, there is a white plug on the upper right corner of the door and again those loose wires in the upper left corner where the coin payout counter should have been there is no other white plug there.

Also should the tilt leaf switches in the upper cabinet normally be open or closed circuits ? ) Pictured in a post a few messages back...

The last thing I noticed was the ratchet on the other side of the reel mech ( photo 5 ) is missing the lever that causes it to ratchet and change the stopping of the reels at different intervals, instead of the lever there is a wire wrapped around it, any idea where I can get one of those levers and the clip that holds it on ?

I know some of this is trivial until I actually get the game running but I am just trying to get things lined up....

Thanks

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »
Remove the white air cylinder by removing the E-Clip and pin on the switch end.. Remove the clip facing you then push the pin out to remove.. Next remove the 4 screws holding the air cylinder to the reels.. Now you need to pull it apart.. Inside your going to find a rubber cup that has become sticky almost to a tar.. You need to remove what's left of the old seal and clean up the parts.. The cup seal is not needed, or even available, although people have made replacement.. I just apply a very small amount of a light grease on the piston then reassemble and install..
As for your missing light, I'm sure we can you one.. Now for the ratchet, you are missing the lever that advances the ratchet. It's not necessary to operate the machine, and another part that can be found.. Is the coin diverter open with the hopper installed? It will be open if the hopper is removed.. You need to check and clean the hopper and reels beau plugs. They are tin plated and tarnish, then loose the connection to the cabinet..   
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »
From the photos the machine appears to be in a very clean condition.

When cleaning the air cylinder, take note when removing the piston from the cylinder. The pin that holds the J bar linkage to the piston may fall out. Also ther're 2 small spacers one either side of the piston wrist pin. Wearing latex gloves when cleaning the decomposed rubber from the piston will save a lot of time trying to remove this black stuff from your fingers. Re lube with a light grease and a little oil in the cylinder.
Lubriplate works well as it seems to never dry up. Been using grease from this can for over 40 years, it just turns a little yellow. See photo.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »
One quick note. Don't over live the air cylinders piston, or you will end up with a greasy spot on the back wall. It will get forced out thru the small vent hole in the bottom of the white cylinder. I made this mistake once.. Never again.
And remember...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 09:02:54 PM »
Thanks for the info, got it cleaned and greased and the piston now works like it should, not onto cleaning the contacts, thanks again

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 08:18:28 PM »
Scott,

Its late and i am not good at texting so this is easier, if you get a chance could I get a photo of the coil relays in the upper cabinet, should be the second from the right on the front row and is labeled Stop- Anti Cheat, all of these are closed and the relay is engaged but when it is disengaged they are all still closed, somethings not right on that relay.

I adjusted the tilt switches in the upper cabinet so they are all normally closed, then I cleaned the hopper contacts, and the reel mech contacts and wiper arms, I put them back in the machine and right away I could hear the coin mech relays kick in, the insert coin light was on and when I put a coin in it registered and allowed me to pull the handle. The reel mech worked as it should except I did not have the reels back in it. After several times of spinning with no reels I pulled the mech back out and installed the reels, I then started cleaning the contacts in the upper cabinet.

After that I fired it up and nothing but lights again, however the diverter relay in the coin mech is engaged but it will not accept any coins and the insert coin light is not on any more. So I had it sorta working and then I screwed something up again...

BOOO BOOO

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
This happens frequently when cleaning these old machines. Its after the fact now, but when cleaning a machine Its best to clean one stack of switches at a time. And or one mechanical adjustment at a time. Thus making it easier to retrace the adjustment. Before you get back into the machine try moving the hopper in  and out with some pressure from side to side. Only 1/8 of an inch movement, this may cause better contact with the beau plug sockets and pins. You can also try this on the reel mechanism.
Also you can check the coin relay by pushing the coin in switch wire down. Push down slowly and listen for the relay to unlatch. Relay is located very bottom left side of the reel mechanism. The switch also controls the handle release. This happens when the wire returns to its normal position and you should hear the handle release / unlatch.
Myself, I would try moving the hopper and reel mechanism as mentioned.
Then meter out the coin relay contacts for continuity in the latched and unlatch positions.
Its best to test contacts for continuity with the meter probes at the very bottom of the blades as possible.
This will avoid any false reading that could happen with pressure from the probes.
If the contact is closed and there is no continuity then move one probe to the contact portion of the blade and push it towards its mate. The results should give an indication of what might need to be cleaned and or adjusted.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
Interesting development tonight, I powered the machine up and the insert coin light is on but a coin does not register when deposited, I opened the door and manually tripped the handle lock and spun the reels, they spun great but I noticed that the reels were not locked in there cradle so with the power still on I pulled the reel mech out and locked the reels into there cradle and slid it back into place, when I closed the door I noticed the pull handle was now lit, I pulled the handle and the reels did there thing, but when I put another coin in I got nothing again...

I also was poking around inside the upper cabinet and I started manually tripping coils and I tripped the super jack pot coil and the thing started spitting quarters out, so many they were spilling out, I had to shut it off, So I know know that the hopper unit is capable of paying out. Where should I start looking as to why a coin will not register ?

This is my first EM and I am in over my head, a schematic would be a big help if anyone has one for a 1117, I love this machine but am getting frustrated and thinking of selling or trading it off, don't really want to let it go but I really do not need a 250 pound night light either....

Thank you for letting me vent, I appreciate any and all help

Dave

• scott bennett
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 08:06:03 PM »
I'll keep trying to help you Dave
Scott

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
Great you're making progress.
At this point I would check the coin in switch for power. From the yellow wire to any solid blue wire ie the lights have a solid blue.
There should be a reading around 6 to 7 volts on the AC setting. Hopefully you will get a reading.
Now if you jump the Yellow wire on the switch to the Blue-Yellow wire on the switch, it should activate the coin relay coil.
Thus producing a mechanical click sound, bottom left, rear of the reel mechanism.
If this happens the coin relay switch is now set to release the handle. The other wire Orange-Green sends the current to the Handle Release,
but there are a few switch contacts between the coin switch and the actual handle release. If these are dirty on not engaged the handle won't release. Assuming the coin relay has fired. You can test the Handle release circuit by jumping the Yellow wire to the Orange-Green wire. This should release the handle.   

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »
Thank you for the info, I turned the thing on tonight and when I dropped a quarter in the pull handle light came on and the handle pulled  and the reels spun like they were suppose to. It started taking coins and working, I opened the door and had my wife help me stop on a pay line and we stopped it on blue hats which turned on the roulette wheel bonus but it just kept spinning, we then played about 20.00 worth until I hit a single cherry which should have payed 2 coins but it did not. I know the hopper works because if I trip the super jackpot relay the thing will spit out hundreds of quarters.

I also noticed that every once in a while it would not register a coin, it would take 2-3 coins before it would register, also some times when you pull the handle it will not spring back from the down position and will not spin the reels...

what do you guys think ? should I try and clean more contacts and see if some of these problems clear up ? or do I need to look at something other than contact switches...

Thanks

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »
Ok, tried it again I stopped it on the blue hats which triggers the bonus roulette and after putting the back glass back it I could see what was going on, I think it works like this, you get the bonus feature for the next 10 spins, it will stop on anywhere fro 10 to 50 coins if during the next 10 spins you land on the roulette symbol the spinner will stop on a number and that is what you win, you can win multiple times but it only pays the highest amount which is 50, so say you hit 10 the first time you can hit on additional spins up to a total of 50 coins, if you hit 50 on the first hit then you can not win anymore however the feature continues to run until the 10 spins are counted down.

Ok, at least that is how I think it works, I hit for 50 on the second spin and the thing started spitting out coins, way more than 50 coins, so many the coin tray was over flowing and I had to turn the machine off. After I started the machine up again after 10.00 worth of quarters I hit double cherry and it should have paid but it did not...

Thanks

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »
Okay, sounds like the machine is starting to loosen up the more you play it.
Seems like the coin switch and handle release circuits are fine. Re; the coin switch, make sure the trip wire is completely free to move without rubbing the surrounding metal mechanism.
As for the handle staying down. It maybe traveling to far before the reels kick. Will send some information with a photo on an adjustment you can make to get the reels to kick a little sooner.
As for the payouts, try setting up some payouts by stopping the clock and holding the reels on a payout. Then let the clock go. Try this on a few different payouts.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »
David,

Stopped it on several different payouts and it did not pay...

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal