New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Upgrade your Odyssey to a LCD, WBA with new $100, and new hard drive  (Read 10337 times)

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
It is quite easy to update your Odyssey with a new LCD touchscreen, WBA that takes new $100 bills, and get a new hard drive for your dead hard drive for couple hundred bucks.
Thanks to NLG member Mrzee2000 you can get your dead 15 game hard drive fixed for around $200 plus shipping. Contact Mike  here  - http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=15214.msg85792#msg85792
Also Mike has the info as how to connect the WBA wiring to the Odyssey BV harness. Very easy swap. Contact Mike on the wiring. I will have more details on the WBA unit install later here.

Thanks to NLG member Slam you can swap out that dead touchscreen and bad CRT with a 26" Bally Cinevision Ceronix LCD very easily. Check here  -  http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14656.0   I will post more info later as to how I installed the LCD onto the CRT frame work.

I will be back with more pics and info.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Upgrade your Odyssey to a LCD, WBA with new $100, and new hard drive
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 06:56:34 PM »
Here  I  removed the Touchscreen  CRT and controller from the frame work. Set the Ceronix Bally Cinevision LCD on the frame and mark the frame where the holes are already on the Ceronix frame. Drill the holes in the Odyssey frame .  Use a 3/4" spacer and machine screws long enough to leave some threads to mount the Ceronix .  You do not want an excessive  amount of threads  hanging out the front of the LCD after it is mounted.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »
You will not have any clearence to be able to use the stock locations of the power and cable connections that are on the side of the monitor. There is interference when you close the doors. The connections board will have to be rotated 180* where the 120 VAC, touscreen wires,  and the video cable plug into the side of the monitor. Remove the vented cover and remove the screws from the board and slowly rotate it . As you  rotate you will find the wiring will need slack.  You will need to remove some cable ties from some of the wiring to get slack in the cables to get the board rotated and remounted. I will get more pics here later showing all the cables attached in the rotated position.

Offline VegasJ

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • VegasJ New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 12:01:09 PM »
I have a Tatung L26xx .. How do I  power the monitor?  :nerd:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:50:25 PM by VegasJ »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 06:59:58 AM »
No. That has no mounting flange. Send NLG vendor Slotrush  a message and ask for the 26" Bally  Cinevision monitor.

Offline VegasJ

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »
Thanks for the tip on getting the 26" Ceronix monitor. I just received it and I will be replacing the CRT real soon. Have any tips or know of any challenges that I will come across?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »
I will post a picture tomorrow of my Ceronix wired up. That is the only challenge.  Did you receive a Ceronix or Tatung?

Offline VegasJ

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:05:17 PM »
Ceronix 2605 is what I have.

Will the Cinevision work as well?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
Yes the Cinevision Ceronix works very well. . You have a 120 volt cord, a touchscreen cable, and video cable to connect. All three connections will go to the original connectors of the Odyssey and your new monitor. 1. You can use a video cable that is used on a PC monitor. 2. You can use a power cord from a PC to connect 120 volts . 3. You can use the original Odyssey touchscreen cable to connect the touchscreen.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 08:49:11 PM »
Sorry about pics being in wrong position.
I found the 120 volt connector on the monitor and the control board on the back of the monitor had to be repositioned to be able connect all 3 cables. I notched out the panel to move the 120 volt receptacle to other side. I wrapped the wires on the inside of the receptacle with electrical tape.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
Take the cover off the control board and rotate the board 180*. You will have to cut some cable ties from the wires to get slack to rotate the board. Remount it and notch the cover to allow the video cable and the touchscreen cable exit the cover.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 09:13:02 PM »
Then you can connect the other end of the 120 volt power cord to the original J1 P1 cable,  Odyssey 120 volt Molex connector. Then Connect 2 wires from the touscreen control cord to the original Odyssey Molex connector. I will get the touchscreen wire colors and the Molex pin conections info tomorrow.  Then connect the video cable to the Odyssey video card in its original  connection.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 09:24:31 PM »
I you used the original CRT framework / mount  to mount the new 26" Ceronix to.  I used 2"  spacer between frame and the lip on the new Ceronix.

Offline VegasJ

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 06:36:54 AM »
Wow!! You are awesome!

Thank You!

Offline VegasJ

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 08:20:57 PM »
What are the touchscreen controller cord colors you used on both ends?

Offline VegasJ

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »
I have a Tatung L26xx .. How do I  power the monitor?  :nerd:

Fixed tiny font problem.  -knagl
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:00:09 PM by knagl »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 07:39:09 PM »
I will get the wire colors tomorrow.  I have no experience with  Wells monitors. I know the Tatung and Ceronix do work well. Also when you get your machine fired up after you change the monitor and go into menu's,  FIRST THING , calibrate the screen. If not, when you go to the menu you may not enter  into a setting you wanted.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »
The touchscreen control wires are RED & BROWN

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »
wires on monitor. The Black & Blue wires are not used.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:25:19 PM by Sunrise Side »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
I have not tried this yet, but these right angle power cord and video cable adapter might make the Ceronix  fit without modifications??

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal