New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 937 minor problem  (Read 2932 times)

Offline rgull77

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rgull77 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 937 minor problem
« on: November 06, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
Back again after a few years. My Bally 937 plays and pays fine but suddenly the right "winner paid" light doesn't light up anymore (has left and right payouts). The switch on the hopper payout assembly seems fine, doesn't make contact on a win. Resets fine too. This machine has two 'winner paid' lights, one under the reels and one at the top and both do not light. I did check both bulbs to rule out any coincidence. If I follow the wires, where do I look for a switch? At the mech or up top?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Randy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:45:13 PM by rgull77 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally 937 minor problem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:04:38 PM »
... The switch on the hopper payout assembly seems fine, doesn't make contact on a win. Resets fine too....

To clarify what you wrote, Is this a typo, did you mean the hopper payout switch does or does not make contact on a win?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:31:48 PM »
Swap out bulbs. If still no good, run jumpers to the light to quick test it to verify socket is good.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:58:30 PM by OldReno »
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:35:39 PM »
Try cleaning the contacts located on the opposite side of the payout step up unit.
See photo

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 06:27:09 AM »
Thank you for the replies so far.
I stated that wrong, the switch is closed at payout. So that is to say the payout sequence appears normal. Electricity is not getting to the two 'winner paid' lights and since one is on the door, the problem may be at the hopper.

I will try cleaning the contacts suggested and test the sockets. But after work!

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »
Hi and thanks again for your help.

I jumped the light and both light up so bulbs and sockets are good. I cleaned the suggested contacts although and still no light. Also looks a bit more complicated so I am posting some pictures of the right payout unit as it looks after a win.

It looks as though I have a payout problem as well. I get a runaway hopper with 3rd and 4th coins in. This is the same problem that we fixed on this forum some years ago and it was in the multiplier in the top. Do you think these are related?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
If you had this same problem a while back, then I would go back to what ever was causing your problem the first time...
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »
I suspect your hopper has TWO payboards. Each winner paid light has its own winner paid light switch,& its own individual step & reset coils. Drop the outer board down & work on the inner one. I've worked on this style, i think it's a retrofit...?
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 12:55:21 PM »
Hi Reno, I still owe you that drink!
Well the inside board is for the left pay but after reading our 2013 thread again, I'm going to start at the top so to speak.
Now that I see I have the 3 and 4 coin runaway hopper again, I'm going to look for the same problem in the top unit as before. Machine sits and solder must go cold or something. I'll get back after I check everything out on the weekend.

Thanks again

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
It has been a while but I finally got back to the machine. What I thought was the problem back in 2013 seems to be fine. The left payout seems to be working but the right payout still empties the hopper.

I traced the wires from the 'winner paid' light in the top unit (has 'winner paid' on door and top unit) through the machine to a Molex plug to the 'winner paid' switch on the right side payout board on the hopper. So the machine plays two games at once. Left payout goes to through the plug attached to the hopper and the right payout uses a separate Molex plug which has to be unplugged every time the hopper is removed (which has been hundreds of times).
I looked close  and found a broken connector in the plug. I have to fix this. It still may not be the problem, I don't know.

I will update when I fix the plug.
Randy

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »
Make sure that the tip of that broken broken male pin is not stuck in the other plug. Nice find.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »
I can't seem to find a small enough Molex pin locally. What is the gauge wire in these machines?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Those should be an 0.063 male pin. My guess is the wire is 18 gauge, maybe 22 gauge. If you have an electronics store near by they should have the pins, or a whole plug assembly that has the size you need.
And remember...

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 03:58:34 PM »
Thank you! I appreciate your help!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 06:13:17 PM »
Try looking in the other molex plugs for a pin that is not being use.
Use a exacto blade to push the barbs in to release the pin.
Then pry the barbs out before inserting it back in to the hole.

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
Update:
I fixed the Molex plug. The "winner paid" light on the green side of the game works fine now.
But the hopper on the green game, pays off and stops correctly occasionally, sometimes it overpays and stops and sometimes it just keeps on paying.
The orange side of the game works properly.

So if you had a machine that was a 3 coin multiplier and it sometimes paid and stopped, sometimes overpaid and other times a runaway hopper, the problem would be in the top unit, right? The hopper payout unit looks absolutely normal, resets perfectly.

Any ideas before I give up on this one?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
Wow, this is interesting. The payout step up unit is working on one side, but it’s erratic on the other.
Never had a machine with two payout relays. Think I would check the wires on the one that is not working.
Then inspect the reel index wiper boards for faulty wires.
Amechanic had a machine where the little silver jumper wire was touching another wire on the wiper board causing erratic payouts.

Check the payout step up unit spiral cam, if the shaft and bushing are gummed up. This may keep the cam from turning freely. Which causes erratic payouts.On the back side of the unit pictured are two coil plungers.The top right will advance the unit as in a payout. The bottom left reset the unit back to the starting position.You can manually step up the unit by pressing the top right plunger down. Do this 10 to 18 times.Then use a pencil / dowel rod and press the other ( reset ) plunger in. Watch the spiral cam, it should spring back in one rapid movement. If it moves slowly and or stops before it returns to the starting position the shaf needs to be lubricated. If it works okay, great. If not, well it’s time for sledge-o-matic. Just kidding of course. 99.9% of machines are fixable.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:55:17 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
Have you check the reel wipers? The wiper contacts need to stop on the wiper boards contacts as close to center as possible. Reel wipers contact buttons wear down over time and can loose connection to the wiper boards. I would check you wipers on the side of the payout problem.
David is correct that it sounds like somethings dry and sticking. Step up unit or hopper is a good place to Stark checking. Advance each unit, then return them back to starting position by pushing the return coil. If they don’t return back or are sluggish they need to be serviced.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:47 PM »
Okay, now that I went back to the beginning of the post and now realize there’s two payout step up units.
Check the one on the side that has the erratic pays.
It might be gummed up as I mentioned in the previous post.
Worked on a machine last night that had a gummed up spiral cam shaft.
The payouts were all over the place. Got the cam shaft freed up and the machine pays correct every time.

Offline rgull77

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 08:14:44 PM »
I've always kept the payout units in perfect working order. They step up and reset back with a snap to the zero position. That's why I think they aren't getting the correct info from the top unit multiplier. That is where I have trouble understanding how that works. I think I posted pictures of it in the original post but I can post them again tomorrow.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal