New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: All new imaged game possible?  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Gypsum

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Gypsum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
All new imaged game possible?
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »
So I was having a friendly chat with my brother yesterday, and he misunderstood what I meant by changing the kit on a game.  We discussed what he understood me to say, and came up with this - A complete game theme/image from the ground up.  This would require:
1. Creating own images on blank reel strips
2. Screenprinting Top and Belly glass
3. Creating custom SIMM for sound - assuming S2000 base machine
4. other stuff?

So, lets assume I take an existing theme game like Phantom of the opera or something similar.
Replace the reel strips with reel strips that have new imagery in the same locations as the original game.  This mean I get to keep the original game chip.
Taking care of the glass should be easy, just build and image and print it to a material like Teslin and affix to the back of cut tempered glass.
The custom Simm - I assume there are files on the simm in a binary format that are called by game conditions.  I'm assuming they are fixed size files and stored on the simm by location - or they are given file names and stored on the simm in a normal file system format like FAT.  Either way, by knowing which file or location was called, you could burn your own audio files to the simm.

So questions...
1. Would the S2000 platform be the best way to tackle this project?  Or would another platform be better suited?
2. Anyone notice anything else I'm missing?
3. Does anyone have any idea of the file structure, or method that the IGT uses to call custom audiofiles from the simm?
4. If another machine is a better platform - what other work would need to be done?
5. Is there a better way to do custom glass?
6. Is there a source for blank reel strips?
7. Is there a better way to manufacture custom reel strips?
8. Am I biting off more than I can chew?  (Is this project even possible?)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: All new imaged game possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:50:59 AM »
Everything you want do is relatively simple and has been done before by other mebers except for the sound simm. No ones been able to break the code on those and come up with a working part. A member on our old site made a bunch of game kits luke Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, etc...
There are lots of simms available, see if one has the sounds you want and will work wth the game you have in mind. Yoeddy is the resident expert on which simms will run with which games. One suggestion would be to clone what is already a pooular IGT game title to retain some of the aspects of what made it desirable in the first place.       

Offline Gypsum

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Gypsum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 01:08:45 PM »
Is there a place that has the sample sounds from each of the SIMMs to see what options are out there?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »
Yoeddy has them posted on youtube, but I couldn't tell you how to find them. Send him a PM and ask him

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal