New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: SG-112b Does not pay out?  (Read 5845 times)

Offline RILaw

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • RILaw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
SG-112b Does not pay out?
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:30:49 AM »
I have had this for years and never figured out why it does not pay out,  accepts quarters and bills but can't cash out.   Hopper tests fine as does cash out button,  harness is also fine.   Thoughts?

[blink]If anyone runs into this in the future, this was the solution:
[/blink]
As Jim suggested, I checked the shared ground wire.  I found no issues with the wire and figured since it was daisy chained and the "Bet One" which was next to the "Cash Out" button worked, I'd just swap out the micro switch on "Bet One" and see if it had an internal fault.  It turned out the "Bet One" micro switch was in fact faulty!  The machine now cashes out!!  A big thanks to Jim!!  :applause: :hail: :hail: :applause:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:07:06 AM by RILaw »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: SG-112b Does not pay out?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:53:54 AM »
I have had this for years and never figured out why it does not pay out,  accepts quarters and bills but can't cash out.   Hopper tests fine as does cash out button,  harness is also fine.   Thoughts?

When you say it doesn't payout do you mean it doesn't payout coins when you have a winning spin? Or do you just mean the hopper does not dispense coins when you hit the cashout button but the machine does payout correctly during play?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
I'm sorry,  the hopper does not cash out quarters when cash out is pressed.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
how did you check the hopper and cash out button to determine that they were good??

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 06:42:50 PM »
I'm sorry,  the hopper does not cash out quarters when cash out is pressed.

ok, that is more clear. To me this means the hopper is good since it does payout quarters when you play and spin the wheels and hit a winning combination. As I understand it, when you press the cashout button it is only supposed to payout quarters that you have accumulated on the "credits" display. Does your machine have a credits display and it has a number that isn't zero showing in the display? If so I would say to check the wiring from the cashout button back to the mpu board to make sure that signal is getting to it.

Please post a photo of your machine with it powered up so we can get a better understanding, and maybe a photo of the inside of the machine so we can see any boards or assemblies in there.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:13:20 PM »
Sorry,  the machine has never shot a quarter out while in normal use (cashier or payout of winning hand),  I tested the hopper during "hopper test" if I recall correctly.   Will take a pic tomorrow ...I ask Now because I  replaced it with a Game Maker I just picked up and want to sell it and would like it to be able to pay out prior to selling.
Thanks

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »
Here are pics..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:08:10 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »
So....no ideas I guess?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 10:15:35 AM »
if you have credits on the machine and you press "cash out"  what happens???    do you get any error messages on the screen?   does it go to an attendant pay??

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 10:20:16 AM »
if you have credits on the machine and you press "cash out"  what happens???    do you get any error messages on the screen?   does it go to an attendant pay??

Jim

It does absolutely nothing, credits stay the same and game is still playable,  no attendant pay either.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »
can you re test the hopper and cash out button using the on screen tests and post the results.  there is a hopper control board that is located behind the panel that houses the on/ off switch.  perhaps there is something wrong there or with the distribution board or the wiring on the door?

Jim

Signature:

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
OK....."Payout" button does nothing in test, changed out micro switch, no difference.  Now, there is a small pcb on directly behind the hopper that is not in use? The larger pcb next to it is an old Mastercom 220...Wiring appears ok..  Ideas?  Should that small pcb be connected to anything? (I see to remember seeing it in the same state in other Sigmas I used to have)

(Took eight attempts for the site to add that pic, dam)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 07:53:10 PM »
you enter  the test mode by pressing the red test button on the panel underneath the monitor. the first screen is the dip switch settings, the second screen is the screen where it will show all the buttons that are pushed. it should change from blue  to yellow. you can test all the push buttons in this manner.  the hopper board is mounted on the metal panel that drops down from underneath the monitor, you undo two screws and the shelf will pivot down.   the wiring goes from the switch to the power distribution board on the door, through the ribbon cable to the board. from the board to the hopper board and then onto the hopper itself.

Jim 

Signature:

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 08:35:25 PM »
Yes, I mentioned the button does not work in "test", that was the test screen I tested it in.  The hopper pcb and its wiring appears fine, I was asking about the small pcb behind the hopper (as pictured in my last post), wondering if it is used or not?  Also, if the payout button does nothing on the test screen, and the wiring appears fine...What would cause that?

I guess I will look in my parts and just "shotgun" it by swapping out the distribution pcb and hopper pcb and see if there is any change.

Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
make sure the wiring is correct on the switch, according to the schematics, the switches form a series circuit, so each switch passes the ground onto the next switch in line, the payout switch is the last one in the chain.  as long as I have worked on Sigma's  I have never seen a distribution board bad or a hopper board bad. I have seen the ribbon cable get pinched in the door and cause an open!  the hopper test is a different test, it involves the reset switch to activate the test.  should give you on screen prompts as to how to run the test.

Jim

Signature:

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 08:05:57 AM »
***FIXED*** (OP Updated)

Thanks Jim!! (I did not think about the shared ground)  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :clap: :clap: :dancing_party: :dancing_party: :dancing_party: :wav: :wav: :yourock: :yourock: :thankyou: :thankyou: :hotdog:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal