New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: MEI Cashflow Green LED light blinks, does not accept cash  (Read 13176 times)

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bally Alpha Man New User has no influence.
  • NLG
MEI Cashflow Green LED light blinks, does not accept cash
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:04:13 PM »
Looking for a solution!
I have a Bally Alpha Mystic Lamp (S9000), worked fine until a few days ago!

It boot's up fine, but will not accept any paper money, and the betting buttons will not work! 
The interface lights on the mei cashflow SC series display only the green light blinking, and when the lower door is closed the money/ticket in does not take bills and light up!

I checked all the connections, seems to be okay!

1.  Do I need to replace the mei cashflow?

2.  In addition on the bottom Left side of the LED screen list:  Open Door LS
3.  Bottom middle of LED screen list:  Restart
4.  Right bottom of LED screen:  Closure M

I appreciate any help that might solve my issue...  Thank you.....

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: MEI Cashflow Green LED light blinks, does not accept cash
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:16:45 PM »
Did you check to make sure your cash can is fully seated and the door is closed all the way? The Closure M just means the front door was opened and closed I believe.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 03:19:42 PM »
Check the door to the bill stacker and make sure the switch for that door is fully closed.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »
also the L is for logic door  if lock is gone you need to jump  those wires in it
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 05:24:47 AM by buybestslots »

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:42:13 PM »
Thank you all for replying back so fast!

I did re-check the Cash Can for fully reseated, and the Door closes all the way.
Also, I did unlock the Logic Door, wires are connected to the Door Switch, in addition I pulled out the Motherboard (MB), and reseated it a few times!

Still no luck, status is the same!  Maybe a wire connection became unplugged somewhere inside the machine!

I just now posted a 1 minute video on You Tube showing the problem.  I will try to post the You Tube Web link here, if it works!
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diI_gy0kUcw

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 08:49:36 PM »
Have had this on quite a few.  The results vary.  First, remove the cash box-pwr off , remove the mei head-you will see the pull bar that axcess this, then remove by pulling straight back on the interface card-it has a toggle switch hanging from it on the bottom.  Clean all the conections with a pencil eraser and blow off the eraser residue. re-install all and try again.  If that is no help it is the interface board or the head.  While your at it the head is out open it (slides for that) and clean the clear optic windows with very light alchol rub.  Hope it helps.  Let us know.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »
Are you pushing down on the latch bar after closing the door?
In the video it looks like you closed the door the slid down the bar some but not all the way down.
The bar sticking out of the door has to be pushed all the way down to line up the optics .

1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
Bally Alphas have no optics on the door.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 03:38:29 AM »
L is for the Logic Door, there are 2 switches on the CPU and are activated by the Locks/Cams on the CPU
Far left locks the CPU in place, and the access Door to the CF Cards, both have switches, I disconnect the harness on the CPU and insert a Jumper, no more L Door Open issues

S is the Stacker Switch, if your Cash Box is not fully inserted then you will see S - if your Cash Box is all completely then check your wiring

Also there are some games that do have Door Optics, these are games that typically have come out of Puerto Rico that require additional security, you will see them on Bally and WMS Games

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 05:21:10 AM »
 :I_agree_1:
Bally Alphas have no optics on the door.

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
also the L is for logic door  if lock is gone you need to jump  those wires in it

Buybestslots, My logic door has a lock, there's a switch above the lock, and the two wires are connected to the switch!
                    I still get the Open Door (L), and now (M) error on the bottom left side of the screen....
                   (M) is the main door, which door is considered Main Door, and where is it located at?
                    on the Bally Alpha S9000?  The bottom right side of the screen still reads Closure M

Do I need to jump the wires to get rid of the (L) error, and how do you jump the wires?  The (L) door is where the
                    Games O/S, and Game Card are behind!

When I had all three doors open, I was able to a Diagnostic test on the Mars Bill (mei Chashflow), and the blinking                         green light turned solid, and accepted bills from $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, and registered them on the testing
                    testing screen, plus returned the bills!  Once I exited out of the test, the Mei Chashflow went back to a blinking
                    green
                    light, and would not accepted cash!!!  I'm puzzled!!!

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 09:28:32 PM »
Are you pushing down on the latch bar after closing the door?
In the video it looks like you closed the door the slid down the bar some but not all the way down.
The bar sticking out of the door has to be pushed all the way down to line up the optics .

Yes Proten, I have push down all the way down on the latch bar after closing the doors!  Sorry I was rushing too fast trying to make a short video of he problem I' having....  Thank you for your suggestion....

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »
Have had this on quite a few.  The results vary.  First, remove the cash box-pwr off , remove the mei head-you will see the pull bar that axcess this, then remove by pulling straight back on the interface card-it has a toggle switch hanging from it on the bottom.  Clean all the conections with a pencil eraser and blow off the eraser residue. re-install all and try again.  If that is no help it is the interface board or the head.  While your at it the head is out open it (slides for that) and clean the clear optic windows with very light alchol rub.  Hope it helps.  Let us know.
Thank you 777sizzler, and tired your suggestion, but it did not correct the problem!
I did do the following: 
  When I had all three doors open, I was able to perform a Diagnostic test on the Mars Bill (mei Chashflow), and the blinking                         green light turned solid, and accepted bills from $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, and registered them on the testing testing screen, plus returned the bills!  Once I exited out of the test, the Mei Chashflow went back to a blinking green light, and would not accepted cash!!!  I'm puzzled!!!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 07:44:51 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:37 PM »
Closure M means the door is closed.  There are actually two switches that can trigger the logic door open error.  The one that is behind the little door where the CF cards go, and the one all the way to the left of the MPU brainbox.  It is a lock that secures the MPU to the cabinet so it cannot be removed.  There is a switch in that corner that is activated when that lock is closed.  What most home users do to avoid the logic door issue is to cut and just connect the two wires together to keep the circuit closed regardless of the position of the switches.  Below is a picture that shows what I'm talking about.  Additionally for the record there are also 2 switches the generate the Open Door M error, both highlighted inside the red squares in the second picture.

For the record the blinking green light is normal for an MEI and only turns solid when the game is ready to accept currency. If you open the main door, the validator would normally have the blinking green light.  You could just push the main switch on the bottom right corner and hold it,  the game  enters ready mode after a checking memory message and the light should turn solid green as long as you are holding the button.

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »
Thank you Rick Hunter for the pictures, I will try this  later this week, or weekend!  I need to sign off now, because I have to go to bed, and get ready for work in a few hours, getting up at 3:45 AM (CST)... Goodnight, and will keep you posted...

Offline Bally Alpha Man

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
Closure M means the door is closed.  There are actually two switches that can trigger the logic door open error.  The one that is behind the little door where the CF cards go, and the one all the way to the left of the MPU brainbox.  It is a lock that secures the MPU to the cabinet so it cannot be removed.  There is a switch in that corner that is activated when that lock is closed.  What most home users do to avoid the logic door issue is to cut and just connect the two wires together to keep the circuit closed regardless of the position of the switches.  Below is a picture that shows what I'm talking about.  Additionally for the record there are also 2 switches the generate the Open Door M error, both highlighted inside the red squares in the second picture.

For the record the blinking green light is normal for an MEI and only turns solid when the game is ready to accept currency. If you open the main door, the validator would normally have the blinking green light.  You could just push the main switch on the bottom right corner and hold it,  the game  enters ready mode after a checking memory message and the light should turn solid green as long as you are holding the button.

Thank you Rick Hunter for the pictures, I will try this  later this week, or weekend!  I need to sign off now, because I have to go to bed, and get ready for work in a few hours, getting up at 3:45 AM (CST)... Goodnight, and will keep you posted... Plus I will try to hold the button on the bottom door to see if the blinking light changes to solid green after checking memory message
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 07:45:29 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Kimtacos

• Kimtacos New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2021, 12:13:05 AM »
hi there, did any of the tips above help resolve the issue?
I'm having similar issues with the MEI Cashflow with my Aristorcrat MK7 and I can't seem to fix the blinking green.  thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 07:10:41 AM »
Have you changed games recently or did it just started happening?

Offline Kimtacos

• Kimtacos New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 10:14:35 AM »
hi Rick i did change out the game and cleared the ram.
Ever since that action this issue started happening.
i even switch the game back to the original buffalo but the issue seems to persist.
thank you for your help

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
What are you selecting as the option for the bill validator?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal