New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with GameKing bootup  (Read 6522 times)

Offline jimhowardjr

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jimhowardjr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with GameKing bootup
« on: December 17, 2016, 02:12:40 PM »
Hi - I turned my Gameking on this morning after a few months of sitting powered off.  The machine powers up but the screen is white.  I replaced the battery and used the key chip.  The key chip menu came up and I cleared all three and rebooted the machine.  I put the base chip back in and booted the machine up...same problem..just a white screen...no other sound really...the bill acceptor, no sounds, ticket dispenser - all quiet.   All five yellow lights are light on the MPU and there is a red led that flashed every 3-4 seconds.   I tried the reset key on the side.  I tried pressing the white reset button several times on the MPU and nothing...

Does this mean I have a bad base chip now...It had been working fine a few months ago when I played it last.

I've attached the picture of the screen and the base chip.  If it's the base chip is there some way I can check it with my GQ chip burner software to see if the chip is bad??  Does anyone have the checksum for that chip?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
jim
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:06:10 PM by jimhowardjr »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Help with GameKing bootup
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
Make sure your all the ICs are fully seated in their sockets.  You can also try removing the SIMM cards, clean the contacts, and re-install them.  Because you can boot the Keychip menu it is most likely the game software that is causing the boot problem.  I don't have a checksum for your base chip, but it could be a GME EPROM or SIMM card that is the problem too.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 04:00:48 PM »
Can't read the base chip number through the red tape.  Post the number for the gme and base chips.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:45:50 PM »
Base chip is 792 with a date of 2003
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:25:20 PM »
Don't have 792, sorry.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »
I might have the complete 792 game set here.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline jimhowardjr

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 08:18:06 AM »
HI,  Yes, you're right it's a 792 - sorry, I should have mentioned that.   The game chips I have are G0002821 from 4/22/05

Does anyone have the checksum for an 792?

If it's the game chip and I have to replace it, what would I need to do if I wanted to add a different set of games - one that includes black jack?  Would I need to replace the base and all the game chips?

As someone suggested, I did reseat all other chips and boards on the MPU.  I tried the pixel board in all three slots but no success..still have the white screen.

Thanks all!

Jim

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 11:00:34 AM »
Yes, you could change the game software out.  You have GK 5.1, 5.3 has pretty much the same as what you have now, but also has Blackjack.  You would need to replace all the chips/simms.  Did you reseat the CGF Simm card too?  It's under the sound card and easy to miss if you don't know it's there. 

Offline spudgunman

• Reputation Power: 7
  • spudgunman New User has no influence.
  • Spud
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »
I have a set of 5.3 (also 5.5 I think) on a board I could sell

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 01:24:07 PM »
What is the base chip number?
And remember...

Offline jimhowardjr

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 05:23:24 PM »
Hi Tilt,

I did take out the sound board and reseat it but I don't think there was anything underneath it.  I'll double check and reseat that as well.  Thanks.

Amechanic,

The base chip is a 792

Anyone have a 792 base chip for sale or the checksum on a 792 chip??

Thanks!

Jim

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 07:37:34 PM »
I have a complete set of 5 game proms for the 792 GK I'd be willing to sell you.

Gary
And remember...

Offline jimhowardjr

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »

I was able to get another MPU with different game chips in the hope to get the machine up and running.  Unfortunately, this board and chips just gave me a colored pixelated screen instead of a white one.  I reseated all of the chips and same thing. The board has a new battery.   I was able to put in a key 40 chip and get the menu to clear and reboot the machine.   I've attached the photos of the pixelated screen and the chip screen (the text was clear - it's just a crappy pic)

Any suggestions on what I can check now that I don't think it's the board.

Thanks!

Jim
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:26:13 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »
Did you select YES to each of those options?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline jimhowardjr

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
HI -

Yes, I selected 'yes' on all 3 and then did a reboot.  After it booted, it said to put the Base PROM back in.  I put the Base chip back in and the screen was still pixelated.  Also, all of the chips are seated properly and the right position.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline jimhowardjr

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 06:41:35 PM »
It's the same machine but now with a different board and different chips.  The one board/chips produced a white screen.  This new board/chips produced a color pixelated screen.  Since I don't really know what's causing the problem and I've tried some things folks stated in the first post by getting a new board and chips, I started a new thread since I was getting a different result.

Thanks,
Jim

Merging these subjects since they are about the same machine - mod
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:21:35 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »
The pixelated screen is caused by a software issue. Make sure all eproms and simm cards (make sure contacts are clean) are firmly seated. If it continues then I would believe that at least one piece of the software is corrupt.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »
What is the date code on your machines tag? Is this a 17" monitor machine or one smaller? I had a problem with my last GK setup. My key 40 would not let me back into the key menu after I did the setup. I wanted to drop the $1 out of my multi denom selections. I had to use a key 17 to fix my problem. My GK is a 17" monitor..
And remember...

Offline Blueridgeslots

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
Post a pic of the Game Chips installed in the CPU, that is where my guess the problem is on the new set up you are trying, if you bought GK 5.3 Software there should be 4 Eproms (2 go in PXL slots) Pixelated screen is usually Chips either in wrong slot or bent pin

Offline jimhowardjr

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
Here are some pics of the chips/board  for game 777 and 792.  It looks like one of the chips on the 777 has a dark label but I think I got the board and chips from a reputable guy on here and he said that he tested the board/chips, they worked fine and then he mailed them.  Considering that 792 game used to work and now just gets a white screen and the new 777 board/chips gets a colored pixelated screen, does that lean more toward the board/chips or maybe something else??  Any help/thoughts would be great.  I'm having our Christmas party in 2 days so I was hoping to get this gameking going :)

Thanks,
Jim

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal