New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Possible Poker Machine Monitor Going out?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline loudness

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • loudness New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Possible Poker Machine Monitor Going out?
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
my IGT game king started to have problem with the monitor.  The machine has not been moved. Couple of days ago we turn the machine on. It powers up and had a blank black screen. I tried to turn the switch off and back on, made sure door is close tight. nothing. I unplugged the cord from the outlet, waited 30 secs. plugged it back in, turn the switch on. The screen started working normal.

Today I decided to try again. Same issue blank black screen. I removed the monitor and push it hack in to see if it was loose. that didnt help, so I decided to do the unplug trick. after doing it the screen worked again

Now Im stumped why would it come on after I unplugged from the power?

Possible the CRT screen is going out?

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Possible Poker Machine Monitor Going out?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »
more than likely is the monitor. if it were the mpu or connection, you would get a no signal box on the screen.  mine had a tovis monitor, and the power supply was weak. one of the voltages was off.  my monitor had a small LED near the adjustments. it was coming up amber, needs to be green. repairing a bad cap in the power supply fixed it. came up green, and nice picture.   if its another brand, could still be the same thing, weak power supply. common in video stuff. check your voltages.

mike

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
Where would the be Amber or green lights?

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
Does the monitor have a separate power supply from the machine?  Or just one power supply for the whole thing

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
i think i should have read the post more carefully. looks like you have a tube monitor, mine was flat screen. tube monitor is a whole nuther deal. no LED, no power supply.  i dont think i can advise you how to test a tube monitor. lethal voltages and a lot of things that could be wrong.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 06:44:12 PM »
Good place to start would be recapping the monitor board

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »
I left the machine unplugged for couple of days. tried it this am. Nothing. Just a black screen. Everything else works, light flashes on candle, buttons light up and bill validator spins

I pulled out the mpu board and here is a pic of it

looks ok to me unless Im missing something

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
you could get the pinouts from the schematic , make a temp harness and hook up a desktop flat screen monitor to see if it works. ive done that with both IGT and bally games, both of them were VGA output. its a bot of a pain to decipher the pinouts and make a harness from cutting up a vga cable, but it works.  the other alternative is to test the monitor on a bench with a signal generator, or take it to a monitor shop for a test.

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:48:07 AM »
Does the game king have a video card?

Think I should get a mph board from eBay to try it out to rule out the bad mph?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 04:51:27 AM »
Why would you replace the board when the monitor is bad?

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
To rule out bad monitor. Not sure if monitor is bad. 

Several people recommended to recap the mpu board. It would be easier for me to try out another mpu to see if I get video or not

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 08:44:37 AM »
To rule out bad monitor. Not sure if monitor is bad. 

Several people recommended to recap the mpu board. It would be easier for me to try out another mpu to see if I get video or not

How much are you willing to pay for a 3902 MPU board? $50.00?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »
I'd put my money on that your monitors chassis board is bad.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:42 AM »
I'd put my money on that your monitors chassis board is bad.

That I would agree with.

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »
where is the chassis board? Is that the same thing as a video card for the PCs?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
The monitor chassis is the board mounted under the CRT. I'm guessing you have a CRT and not an LCD monitor by your first post and no pictures.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 12:49:01 PM »
it is a CRT monitor.

There are 3 boards around it in the back. One under the CRT which I assume it is the chassis board ? There is a small one maybe a 3 by 3 board on the very back and one on the side.

What are the other boards? I believe the one on the side is the touchscreen board?

What is the little board?

Online Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
The small board on the side is the touch screen board. Our shop still repairs those older CRT monitors and has the equipment to brighten up the tube and repair the main board then test it in a Game King. PM me if you want to ship it to our shop.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline loudness

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 09:30:27 AM »
Update

Got call from the slot dealer saying that he got a new CRT. Picked it up and installed it just now.

The machine is back in business!!! Picture is much brighter and clearer than the old CRT that was in it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal