New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: sigma pt-4b manual needed  (Read 5277 times)

Offline mightymouse1982

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mightymouse1982 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
sigma pt-4b manual needed
« on: March 21, 2016, 02:03:27 AM »
ok, so recently someone was given a sigma pt-4b magic bars slot machine and it in turn ended up apparently getting abandoned at my house......... I know that it turns on and at one point, not to long ago, that it was working. Although now I was told it has one error code coming up on it. It is in ok condition and I was wanting to see if I could fix it up and sell it, but since this is my first attempt at repairing, and not playing, a slot machine, I am trying to be smart about it and  not just dive right in..........

Problem is that I cant seem to find a repair manual for it (that doesn't cost an arm and/or a leg). During my seemingly endless searching for such a manual I can across the archived new life games forums and decided that the new forums might be my best, and possibly only, help at doing this right.

So on that note, if anyone has a manual for this particular machine, or possibly any other help that  might be any kind of helpful (and I know the more info thats given the better so I will post pics and find out exactly which problem code later on today) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.......

1992 sigma games inc.

model pt-4b

bill validator:
japan coin machine co.
dbv-145-sg

coin comparitor:
cmi 66160043
model # cc-16d-inhibit

motherboard:
microware system inc
mech-slot 340023 rev 1

the 2 other boards inside:
both are sigma games inc.
one is 340113 rev b
the other is r/n 340008b

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: sigma pt-4b manual needed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
Welcome to NLG, good to see you here!

There are a lot of experienced slot machine people here at NLG. But all volunteer their time and often are busy with other stuff going on in their life, so sometimes it can take a little while to get a response, evenings and weekends usually have more participation.

As you say, it is always better to post a few photos of the machine. The idplate info and model numbers are helpful but *seeing* what you have usually gets better results on advice and suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:48:02 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mightymouse1982

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:16:14 AM »
ok so when it is turned on it first flashes "BV   err/no  v" then flashes "0   0 2" but in between the last 0 and the 2 is 3 lines like a three lined equals sign. And i'm gonna go out on a limb and say i'm guessing the BV is for the bill validator? when the machine is first starting up the validator makes a noise that kinda reminds me of a cd or dvd player that has a stuck lens.....

pics to follow

thanks

Offline mightymouse1982

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:37:21 AM »
pics 2

Offline mightymouse1982

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 12:49:44 AM »
pics 1

Offline mightymouse1982

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »
ok i got the "BV  err/no" code to not show up anymore so all thats left is a 0 in the 8th window, a 0 in the 3rd window, the lines in the second window which i believe i have figured out the meaning of, and a 2 in the first window.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »
I have the manual for this machine if you still need it. See attached.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline baewastesolutions

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • baewastesolutions New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

New here to NLG! Awesome site and very resourceful.

I recently picked up a Sigma PT-4, I am in need of the manual. I found the wiring diagrams, as well as the CPU.

Would anyone happen to have the repair manual for this machine?

Thank you and I look forward to contributing to this awesome NLG Community.

-B

Offline Swatman

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Swatman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 12:16:58 PM »
Hope this is still active, I believe I have a Sigma PT-4B looking at the manual anther user posted it seems to be correct. I found were the name plate should be, but it has been removed.

So the problem I’m having/ need help with is when powering on nothing happens nothing spins or makes sound. Looking at the three boards on the back, two have red lights and the middle doesn’t. Not knowing much about slots. I reseated all cables, I figured maybe while moving it around a cable came out, unfortunately I don’t have a key to the cpu box, attached is the lock and the keys I have. I only have the keys to the top hatch lower hatches and the bill validator.

First question, where can I find keys to this slot? Is there a way to get them?

Second are there any common issues that can cause nothing to cycle?

I have photos unfortunately the size is too large to upload...

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 06:19:24 AM »
Just force the key lock to turn with a screwdriver.  Once you have it open you can remove or replace the lock, and get further into your troubleshooting

Offline Danial

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Danial New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 09:14:22 PM »
I have the manual for this machine if you still need it. See attached.

I know this is a very old thread, but I wanted to be sure and publicly thank you, ianmcneil68, for posting this link to the manual.  I just acquired this machine recently and have been looking for it.

On another note, I know these Sigma machines are the "bastard child" of the EM world, but I got a good enough deal that I thought I would take a chance with it.

Thanks again, ianmcneil68.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 12:48:34 PM »
Glad I could help!

Good luck. They are a bit tricky. I think that I have the programmer for my old one if you're interested in buying it. $20 + shipping. I really have zero idea what I paid for it.

***UPDATE***
Sorry, I was thinking of the Bally programmer.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline Danial

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Danial New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 08:47:57 PM »
Two thumbs up!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal