New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Game Maker Jurisdiction Locked  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Dlsmith

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dlsmith New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Game Maker Jurisdiction Locked
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »
This is my first post on this forum. I have enjoyed reading it and learning about video poker games.
I bought my first video poker game a couple of weeks ago at a auction. In the past I have restored pinball machine, juke boxes, arcade games and old mechanical reel slot machines.
I purchased a Bally Game Maker V7200, manufactured in 2004. Not sure of what Mains it uses because of the information being removed from the chips. (See Photo)The battery had been replaced, so I have good power. Has a locked jurisdiction. Research on this site on how to fix it. So I took the chip out of U3 and erased it in my IC burner.
I got two Clear Chips with the machine. One is labeled Game Maker Clear, the other Saferam Clear. When I used the Saferam Clear, it actually rewrote the same data back on the chip. Tried the Game Maker one,
got a blinking screen with cursor in upper left hand corner, didn't rewrite the data.
Anyone has any others suggestions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:19:39 AM by Dlsmith »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally Game Maker Jurisdiction Locked
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
See if you can find a debug chip to put into P10 and clear the EEPROM and the jurisdiction.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:12:37 AM »
See if you can find a debug chip to put into P10 and clear the EEPROM and the jurisdiction.

Thanks, Will try that.

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:49:27 AM »
Update on Progress.....

I have made a little progress on my issue. Want to thank StatFreak and ricker for their help.

I reprogram my U3 chip with data from StatFreak. When I did a full clear, the jurisdiction still came up locked, but it did send me to the Primary Host selection with the ability to cycle thru the options. When I tried to lock in my selection with the key, nothing happened. I started to look in to the selection key, when I noticed that someone had jumped the Switch 1 Wires with a bread tie.  The Switch 2 wires were plugged in the back of the switch. When I moved Switch 2 wires, the back of the switch fell off in my hand.

So I'm going to purchase a new switch and have another go at it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase the Attendant Switch From?

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »

Glad you have made some progress.

As for a switch.  Most all of the slot dealers on NLG's home page will be able to help you. I can recommend a great source.

http://mohave.craigslist.org/tad/5942855330.html

Richard

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »
So I'm going to purchase a new switch and have another go at it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase the Attendant Switch From?

David,

Your in box is full .. our paypal is OhioGamingSlots@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ken

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Have made progress with my Game Maker. I feel like I'm almost there.

After I did a Ram Clear, I went thru the all the different screens to set the options.
Then at the end I get a screen that says:

"No Games Are Available For Play"
        "GAME DISABLED"

I opened the door, hit the audit switch and go to the Screen to able/disable each game. (See Photo)

Only I cannot get the games to enable. When I touch the games, they should change to enable, but they don't.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

David

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »
If two of your game sockets are empty you will see "no game". If those sockets have games in them and you only show 8 games then those two chips are bad and could be confusing the rest of the system. Remove the two defective game chips and try again.

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 05:47:45 AM »
If two of your game sockets are empty you will see "no game". If those sockets have games in them and you only show 8 games then those two chips are bad and could be confusing the rest of the system. Remove the two defective game chips and try again.

Went in and removed those chips that were not showing up after start up. Left Slot 9 & 10 empty. Did another Ram Clear, same results:

"No Games Are Available For Play"
           "Game Disabled"

I did notice this time that when I open the door and hit the reset key, I go the the diagnostic/setup screen and I can access all the functions. But if I close the door while on the diagnostic/setup screen, it kicks it back to the "No Games Are Available For Play" screen.

I found out that I do have the 24's mains.

Any Ideas...

Thanks!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:53 AM »
Normally, after a clear, the software directs you to screens to set up denomination and number of coins that can be bet per game. Does yours do that?

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 02:12:36 PM »
Normally, after a clear, the software directs you to screens to set up denomination and number of coins that can be bet per game. Does yours do that?

Yes, I go thru all those screens, everything acts fine, then I get the "No Games Are Available For Play" screen at the end.

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
hey hey,

I have been following your gamemaker posts.  I would try burning new mains. If I remember the Gold Mine Bonus machines were 45 coin machines. Slot games.  Also check(you prob have allready) the s/w 2 switch.  all should be off(maybe #2 If you have the deluxe sound)(#4 deals with bet deck, 12 button decks, not yours). Are there any wires on your board from one area to another(added on or soldered on)? There should be none, but I have seen before. Trying to think of all possibility's. Ya may want to invest in another main board but I would try burning new mains, maybe graphics too.

Richard

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 06:07:39 AM »
hey hey,

I have been following your gamemaker posts.  I would try burning new mains. If I remember the Gold Mine Bonus machines were 45 coin machines. Slot games.  Also check(you prob have allready) the s/w 2 switch.  all should be off(maybe #2 If you have the deluxe sound)(#4 deals with bet deck, 12 button decks, not yours). Are there any wires on your board from one area to another(added on or soldered on)? There should be none, but I have seen before. Trying to think of all possibility's. Ya may want to invest in another main board but I would try burning new mains, maybe graphics too.

Richard

Thanks for the input Richard, I need to check the DIPS2 settings, I have not bothered them at all.   :fryingpan: There are no hacks on my main board, looks nice and clean.
I hope it is something simple like that!

David

Offline Dlsmith

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 05:36:57 AM »
Well I checked my DIP2 Switches, 1-4 were on. I turned them to off and did another Clear Ram.
This time the Game Menu came up. Success Finally!

Here is a outline of what was wrong with this unit, maybe it will help someone else in the future.

A new battery had been installed by the previous owner, but game was locked on the selection screen, audit key had no effect.
Found that someone had jumped the audit switch wires #1 with a bread tie, had put wires #2 on the audit switch. When the audit switch was removed, it fell apart.
Installed new audit switch, hooked up switch wires #1 to switch.
Then found DIP2 Switches 1-4 were on, reset to off.
Game Works...

Thanks for all the help! :thank_you:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:18:54 AM by Dlsmith »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal