New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA-13-SS only works in test mode  (Read 6206 times)

Offline woewoe

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • woewoe New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WBA-13-SS only works in test mode
« on: June 29, 2017, 07:19:12 AM »
Bought Red Hot Pepper's at auction.  Got Mikohn stand alone working and got rid of C1 and C10 errors with a lot of help from qbert and others. Now moving on to the BV.   Been doing a lot of reading and testing.  BV is getting power, will take bills in test mode but won't do anything when not in test mode.  In Test mode it accepts the bill and puts it in the can.  I don’t know if it’s suppose to register the dollar value of the bill in test mode but it doesn’t.  Also, while in test mode on the front window of winner paid and credits it displays “no disp” see pics.  Any and all help and suggestions is appreciated. 

Sorry, didn't mean to post pic of Mikohn

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WBA-13-SS only works in test mode
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:15:03 AM »
You have the wrong software type for your machine.  Your validator has IDO 24 (which is for S2000's and gamekings).  You need software with IDO22/23 for an S+.  You have the eprom version of the validator, so you just need to source the correct eprom.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »
You have the wrong software type for your machine.  Your validator has IDO 24 (which is for S2000's and gamekings).  You need software with IDO22/23 for an S+.  You have the eprom version of the validator, so you just need to source the correct eprom.

Thanks for the quick response rickhunter. 

Is this what I need?  chip v3.76-03i SS12/13 ID-023 for IGT S-Plus

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WBA-JCM-IGT-Bill-Acceptor-Update-chip-v3-76-03i-SS12-13-ID-023-for-IGT-S-Plus-/253015097178?hash=item3ae8dfff5a:g:FP0AAOxygj5Sd~Is

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »
You have the correct software for your S2000 machine. I think Rick may have overlooked something.

Check the bill acceptor limit. If it is set to 0 and if it is then it won't accept any bills. Should be in section 3 somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:44:17 PM by Ken »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:43:35 PM »
Ken, based on the "no disp" message windows, it looks like he has an S+ not an s2000?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
It's a S2000. The no disp error is usually bill validator related. I've also heard that a printer can cause it but never had it happen to me. Are all the dip switches off on the BV? You can try removing the BV & booting up the machine without it. You should get a comm error. Open & close the door & it should clear. If it clears & appears ready to play then you definitely have a BV issue. You could also ry disconnecting the printer if equipped. Be sure the power is off before disconnecting or connecting anything.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »
It's a S2000. The no disp error is usually bill validator related. I've also heard that a printer can cause it but never had it happen to me. Are all the dip switches off on the BV? You can try removing the BV & booting up the machine without it. You should get a comm error. Open & close the door & it should clear. If it clears & appears ready to play then you definitely have a BV issue. You could also ry disconnecting the printer if equipped. Be sure the power is off before disconnecting or connecting anything.
Bill Acceptor limit was set to 3000.00.  I changed it to 1000.00 just to see if changing would do anything.  All the dip switches are off.  I removed the BV and didn't get any kind of messages.  I then removed the printer and then I got the "Bill Validator Comm Failure" message.  I opened and closed the door and still got the "Bill Validator Comm Failure" message.  Re-installed the BV and still got the "Bill Validator Comm Failure"  message.  re-installed the printer and the "Bill Validator Comm Failure" message cleared.  Tried putting $1, 5, 10 and nothing.

I really appreciate everyones suggestions.  Keep'm coming :yes:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »
Check the connector on the mother board (circled in the pic) to see if it is connected. If so, try disconnecting & reconnecting. It's the netplex circuit for the BV. Remember power off before doing any of this. Could be you just have a bad circuit board in the BV itself. I don't suppose you have another machine with a working BV to try? I'm guessing you would've already done that if so.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »
Ken, based on the "no disp" message windows, it looks like he has an S+ not an s2000?

I gotta laugh Rick .. next to that is a insert that has accepts bills and tickets ...... that stuff happens to me too

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 06:30:31 AM »
Check the connector on the mother board (circled in the pic) to see if it is connected. If so, try disconnecting & reconnecting. It's the netplex circuit for the BV. Remember power off before doing any of this. Could be you just have a bad circuit board in the BV itself. I don't suppose you have another machine with a working BV to try? I'm guessing you would've already done that if so.

I disconnected and reconnected the BV from the mother board.  the 2 red led's went out when I disconnected so I know it was the correct one.  Still only works in test mode.  I don't have another machine to try it in. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »

I gotta laugh Rick .. next to that is a insert that has accepts bills and tickets ...... that stuff happens to me too

Yeah, then there's the coin-in cover plate, LOL.  :duh: :duh: :duh:

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
Okay, I printed off the standard test sheet for WBA units and ran test 9 "Bill receiving with Cashbox.  switches 1,2,3,4, and 8 one then initiate test turning 8 off.  It failed test so that's what made me start looking closer at the cash can switch.  I started tracing wires and it looks like the cash can switch in the back is connected to nothing.  the wires went to a RS 232 (25 pin female) connector that was laying in the top of the cabinet with the Mokohn board and is connected to nothing.  Now I need to know where the switch on the back of the cash can connects. Any and all help greatly appreciated.   

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »
You don't need that switch for the bill acceptor to work. There is a cash can door switch that needs to be closed for the bill acceptor to work.

Are there any messages on any of the displays?

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »
You don't need that switch for the bill acceptor to work. There is a cash can door switch that needs to be closed for the bill acceptor to work.

Are there any messages on any of the displays?

Cash can door switch is ok and working.  No messages once door is closed and latched.  Flashes "1CREDIT = $0.25"  and "CASH $0.00 , 1 credit = $0.25, Play 3 Credits"

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:42 PM »
I'm wanting to run the Auto-Calabration-Sensors test.  The BV cycles like the test says it will.  Can I make the black-white calibration bills just cutting black/white paper to the size of a dollar bill or is there a special calibration bill that has to be used? 

Auto-Calibration - Sensors
Description
• After the Acceptor’s components have been disassembled
for repair.
• After a sensor board has been replaced.
• Whenever Bill/Note acceptance is degraded.
• During scheduled Preventive Maintenance.
• When upgrading, downloading software.
Procedures
1. Remove Transport unit w/head.
2. Set Dip switches 5, 6, 7, & 8 to the “ON” position, all
others to the “OFF” position.
3. Connect Transport unit w/head to power source -
either host machine, or adaptive power supply.
4. Listen for activation of transport motor - forward and
reverse for up to 2 seconds, then stop - READY.
5. After inserting the calibration paper, black paper first, the
unit will carry the paper forward/
reverse several times. When the
process is complete, the unit will
return the paper.
6. Wait a few moments to allow for
complete transfer of calibration data to be stored in
memory. This is indicated via the LED on the test
harness, or the bezel light on some applications with fast
blinks.
7. Unsuccessful Calibrations - Check the lenses. Re-try
calibration. If necessary, refer to Error Conditions Chart
on the next page. Additional testing/troubleshooting may
be required.
Part #501-000032
Calibration sets a starting reference point for all optical
sensors within the unit. This can be done at the host unit or
at the work bench with just a power source.
When to Calibrate
Note: When installing a new CPU, you must recalibrate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:29:30 PM by woewoe »

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
 Can someone tell me where the switch on the back of the cash can connects?  The other end from the cash can.  the connector to the cash can end is missing so I would like to know where it would connect to if it was there. Thanks.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »
Depending on the model of slot machine those security switches usually connect to an I/O board or a motherboard and from there the signal goes over to the mpu (main logic board). Most home owners remove the 2 wires from the security switch and twist them together to permanently make the connection so that nuisance errors don't happen. But the other end of the wires must still be connected.

Your machine is an S2000?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »
Depending on the model of slot machine those security switches usually connect to an I/O board or a motherboard and from there the signal goes over to the mpu (main logic board). Most home owners remove the 2 wires from the security switch and twist them together to permanently make the connection so that nuisance errors don't happen. But the other end of the wires must still be connected.

Your machine is an S2000?
Yes it's an S2000.  Nothing was connected at the cash box switch.  I need to know where the other end connects so I can see if that's why it works fine in test mode. It's like there's an open switch when trying to get it to accept money in run mode.  I don't get any messages saying anything about the cash box though. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 01:06:13 PM »
Do you have access to another S2000 machine that you can compare it to? That would really help. Otherwise you are going to need someone that is very familiar with the S2000 to help you with photos and advice.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline woewoe

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »
Thanks for the quick response rokgpsman.  I don't have any other machines or know anyone who has one.  I'm hoping someone on here can help with where that switch would connect to. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal