New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune 1 I/O issue  (Read 2824 times)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Fortune 1 I/O issue
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »

So, I had a little time today to work on the "Mouse House". I was able to repair the monitor that had a few shorted components. Next will be a cap job.

Now, the issue I have seems to be with the I/O board. It appears that only half will work. If a switch would normally illuminate both LED #1 (D11) & LED #8 (D14) it will only illuminate LED #1. Bottom line is that LED's #1 & 2 work and LED's #4 & 8 do not. All buttons and wiring look to be OK. The LED's too. ;D

I may need to track the two lines from those LED's on the I/O back to the main board. However, the scan copy of the main board are not very legible.

Also, there looks like there was a triac in the "Bell Ckt" just in front of the "F" connector and that is smoked to the point I could not read the part number of it. Does anyone know what that part is?

Any input would be Great!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Fortune 1 I/O issue
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »
If you post a picture of the i/o component, then maybe I can read what's on my spare board. From what I remember about the Fortune 1 machines is that the deck buttons are daisy chained in sequence. If ones not working correctly, then the machine will not operate. My might want to pull the button deck and inspect the buttons and wiring. I bought 2 of these games a few years back, and both worked after I repaired or replaced bad buttons. The led lights on the i/o should light when different buttons are pressed.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
Amechanic,

Thanks for your reply. I no longer have the part. Below is a photo of the area where it was.  :yes:   I do have a replacement relay that was below it.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
I am attaching a pic of my IO board. I think it's a little different then yours. I believe your looking for Q21 MCR106-1  M8129.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 05:58:47 PM »
Another pic
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 06:11:02 PM »
I am attaching a pic of my IO board. I think it's a little different then yours. I believe your looking for Q21 MCR106-1  M8129.

That's a silicon controlled rectifier, commonly called an "SCR", made by Motorola but now there are other semiconductor companies making equivalent devices. We used them a lot at work on equipment to control lamps and relays, they can handle up to about 4 amps. The actual part number is MCR106-1. The "8129" is the date code when it was made, something like week 29 of 1981.

The "M" written in a styled-form near the 8129 marking is the logo for Motorola, at the shop we used to say it reminded us of the Batman symbol.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 08:16:12 PM »
 Thanks! I'll source that SCR after I get the button issue resolved. No point in having a bell if you can't play the game....  :dancing_2:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »
On the board where that SCR burned up it looks like the board is charred. These type boards are made of fiberglass, with strands of fiberglass on the inner layers. The blackened fiberglass can be conductive, we used to scrape off as much of the black stuff as possible, then we put some 2-part epoxy in the empty space. You may not have to do all that, but may need to run some jumper wires to connect the new SCR to the circuit to get good connections. Since the SCR isn't attached to a heatsink you can mount it anyway you want, don't have to insert the legs thru the board if those pads and thruholes are toast. Could even lay the SCR on top of one of those nearby blue relays and attach it with some silicone adhesive and run the 3 jumper wires where they need to connect.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 09:33:46 PM »

rokgpsman,

Thanks. That was my plan. There is enough real estate on the board so, I figured I would just relocate it and run some new traces to it.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 11:22:06 PM »
Considering what binary numbers light up on the LED's it could also be one of 4 opto isolators on the main MPU board that may be defective.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 03:54:23 PM »

Considering what binary numbers light up on the LED's it could also be one of 4 opto isolators on the main MPU board that may be defective.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!  :cool_thumb_up:  The optos in H5 & G5 were bad. Replaced them and the buttons now work. Next will be the hopper issue....

Also, did the bell ring only on a jackpot or all pays?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »
Only on a jackpot. And when one did the pit boss complained and we had to disconnect it.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal