New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2831 Slot Machine  (Read 2297 times)

Offline crashzilla

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • crashzilla New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E2831 Slot Machine
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »
I just picked up a E2831 Slot.  Its getting Error code 71 at start up.  I checked voltages on power supply and they are good.  None of the relays seem to be working.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this beauty.  The books in the download section so not seem to have this exact model. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E2831 Slot Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 10:19:43 PM »
Hello and welcome.
Looks like your reels are not hooked up inside the machine. Can you post some pictures of the inside. I don't see an IO Board mounted to the back wall behind where the reels would be. Take pictures of what boards are there inside.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 05:27:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I have boards and reals!!  Let me know if you need more pictures.  I have checked the voltages on the power supply and I have cleaned up the real mechanics so I can get the machine to spin when I pull the handle, but no relays engage and error code 71 at startup.

It does look like I am missing something with the arm release mechanics so I have to manually release the arm, but I figured I would start on the error codes first.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
First thing I noticed is the acid damage done to your MPU Board from a different battery I suspect. The one eprom in the lower circle. That socket could be damaged causing a bad connection. You can clean the board with vinegar and a tooth brush. Then rince with water and let the board air dry for at least 24 hours. Next check the condition of the ribbon cables ends that connect the IO board to the MPU. Those pins get bent very easy, and usually break off when you try to straighten them.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »
I will pull the MPU board tomorrow and clean it up.  I checked the ribbon cable and there is a broken pin.  Where is a good place to get another connector / cable?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 10:54:33 PM »
Klar can hook you up. You can find them on the home page here under our sponsors and venders listed on the top on the page. You might just want to send in that MPU too. They can run it on one of there many machine testers they have.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 12:54:52 AM »
Send the board and the cable and I will get you fixed up.

klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »
I got my new MPU board and cable.  Installed board and cable.  I am able to run the test but always get 50 .0.00 error.  I also got error 32 with the hopper test.  All other tests seem to pass ok.
Any ideas where I should start?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »
50 000 is a standard door open code. It goes away with the first coins played. As for your hopper code are you  running token or coin through the hopper when testing. If not then that's why your getting the code. Fill with coins and try running test 4. The hopper should payout 10 coins then stop.
And remember...

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
I tried inserting coins with door closed and locked.  Coins go straight to hopper, but nothing else happens.  Error code 50 .0.00 stays

I have quite a bit of quarters in the hopper and when I run test 4 no motor is engaged and get 3.2.0.0.0.0 on Win meter.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 10:36:01 PM »
Went you sent your MPU Klar, did you send the IO and hopper board to be tested also? Sounds like one or both could have a problem. Have your tried running test 3 to check you door hinge switch?
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 01:06:13 AM »
As I said, having a known good MPU board is a good starting point for troubleshooting the rest of the machine.
With the door open can you flick the coin switch and pull the handle, do the reels spin?

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 07:50:24 AM »
Test 2 passes all switch tests. Coin switch, door switch etc

I tried just flicking the coin switch with the door open nothing.

Retested power supply voltages and they are good.

I ran test 3 and it cycles through the tests on the payout meter but no lights or relays or anything else activates.  This leads me to think something with the IO board.
I took off all the connectors from the board and put them back on.  Still the same.

Including a picture of the I/O board.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 07:58:48 AM »
On the door, where the door lock is, is there a round metal cam connected to he back of the key lock that actuates a small switch when the door key is turned?

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 08:28:55 AM »
I do not see a switch.

Picture attached.

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »
After further  inspection I see holes and connector that I believe were  for the door lock switch.  I beleive the cam and switch were removed. I am trying to find some pictures online to show what that it should look like.

I am trying to verify the connector shown was connected to the switch.  I am, thinking if it is I can bypass it.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
I have had issues with with the header pin plugs. The crimp connection loose there connections to the header pins on the MPU & the Power supply's. You might want to inspect those plugs. I make my self a tool to check those connections from a old header pin, (see pic).. You would be surprised how loose those connections get. You can remove the connectors by pushing down on the metal tab holding in the plug. The spread open the connector and lift the lock tab back up and put it back into the plug.
And remember...

Offline crashzilla

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
I will put some time into inspecting the connectors.

I am still concerned about the door lock can and switch missing as well.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »
The cam switch assembly should be removed, the small switch it had would fail and you can't get a door closed sense for the MPU.
It sounds like your I/O board or the KK100 connectors on top have some corroded or flattened out pins.
Remove each pin, clean it, spread it out, use a razor blade to bend the small keeper tab out so the pin still locks into the connector and reinsert the pin.
The first connector on the top left handles most of the inputs to the I/O board.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »
I agree about removing the door lock switch. They just cause problems. They were wired in Series with the door hinge switch. You can check to see if they have the lock switch wires connected together. Question. If your in a test like 2 or 3, does closing the door exit you from the testing? It should if your hinge switch is working. The hinge switch is adjustable. They tend to get pushed back over time so you might want to check it.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal