New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My own NXT1 to NXT3 conversion issues.  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Melissarmdlm New User has no influence.
  • NLG
My own NXT1 to NXT3 conversion issues.
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:49:46 PM »
I am getting the message "Cabinet type not allowed for this game" on my conversion machine. There are several questionable components in my setup, so I thought I would seek some expertise.

1. I am using old green BB1 backplane, Is this compatible with my NXT3.2 at all or am I wasting time? At my point in the setup the OS/Logic hasn't listed any device errors
2. Maybe I am doing the emotive lighting bypass wrong(Seeing it wrong?), or the shown bypass doesn't work on the green backplane?
3. My -game- (Cool Jewels) excludes 22" monitors, despite the fact that we use these same Kristel 22" on numerous NXT3 conversions at work.
4. I am using a 22" NEC for top monitor.

Any ideas to get this rig running?

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
Re: My own NXT1 to NXT3 conversion issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »
Some pics from the mess:

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:29 AM »
Can you post a pic of your emotive jumper? (4th pin in from the top right of J14 to the 4th diode in from the lower right of the diodes/thingys above.)

Does this game need the larger Blade monitors? and/or you are using DVI out to the top monitor?

Have you tried a different game set all together?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 07:04:50 AM »
The cabinet error on blade games is usually indicative of a emotive controller being missing.   Your last pic confirms it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:53:25 AM by idesign »
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:47:47 PM »
Okay updates: In short I have the game running! Thanks to Bpracer, and my local work friends, messing with our test machine.

And yet I still have a single hiccup...My Standard EBB button panel isn't working? ( nor my basic panel.) My OLED panel is out for repair at the moment. I'll be investigating this too with the test bed machine I have access to.

Pics show the emotive bypass, the cabinet ID jumper and the launched game.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 07:33:20 AM »
What is the cabinet I’d jumpervyou are referring to? I see the emotive jumper

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

All going.

https://youtu.be/Fdx7QhfACIY

"What is the cabinet I’d jumpervyou are referring to? I see the emotive jumper."

In the backplane picture the cabinet jumpers are black and purple wire loops in the plug. That plug is above the emotive lighting jumper.

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »

All going.

https://youtu.be/Fdx7QhfACIY

"What is the cabinet I’d jumpervyou are referring to? I see the emotive jumper."

In the backplane picture the cabinet jumpers are black and purple wire loops in the plug. That plug is above the emotive lighting jumper.

Where in the world did you get the idea to make those wire jumpers?    What are the exact pin numbers?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 01:04:38 PM »
What are the pin numbers for the cabinet ID jumpers

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 07:13:10 AM »
How exactly do the cabinet id jumpers help at all.  I have cool jewels running on my bb2 cabinet with just the emotive controller and the nxt3.2 mpu. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 11:58:38 AM »
How exactly do the cabinet id jumpers help at all.  I have cool jewels running on my bb2 cabinet with just the emotive controller and the nxt3.2 mpu.
The reason I ask is I discovered that the newer games won't play on a BB2 with a BB3 CPU in it.  They error out looking for a Blade cabinet. I know for a fact that a Blade cabinet has a different harness connected to J10, with a different pinout.  I also heard from 2 different sources too that the 23" monitor in a Blade cabinet may be what the games are looking for, but I have no way to confirm this.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:14:31 PM by idesign »

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 01:52:49 PM »
The reason I ask is I discovered that the newer games won't play on a BB2 with a BB3 CPU in it.  They error out looking for a Blade cabinet. I know for a fact that a Blade cabinet has a different harness connected to J21, with a different pinout.  I also heard from 2 different sources too that the 23" monitor in a Blade cabinet may be what the games are looking for, but I have no way to confirm this.

Did you try jumpering 9 to 11 on J10?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »

No, does it fool the machine into thinking it a Blade?  If it does will have to try that but I see a black wire connected to 11 in your pic and neither of my BB2 machines have a connection to 11.  What machine is that out of?

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 03:35:18 PM »

No, does it fool the machine into thinking it a Blade?  If it does will have to try that but I see a black wire connected to 11 in your pic and neither of my BB2 machines have a connection to 11.  What machine is that out of?

That was a BB2, I forget the error we were seeing but had to install the jumper in order to get it to play with the NXT 3.

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2019, 05:08:17 PM »
I spent last weekend on this..

Let's take a look at pins 9, 10, 11, 12 on J10.  Starting with pins 11 and 12, those are ground.  Pins 9 and 10 are SYSID0 and SYSID1  (bits 0 and 1).
Adding these bits together, we can get a value of 3, or 4 different combinations. 0 (gnd, gnd), 1 (gnd, open), 2 (open, gnd), 3 (open, open).    By default, the bits are HIGH, a 1 (open). 
When grounded they go to 0.

By looking at a boot log of a failed Blade check:
Cabinet Explicit Value:   0 = Cab_BBxD,  1 = Cab_BB2e, 2 = Cab_BBS, 3 = Cab_Error, 4 = Cab_GFxD, 5 = Cab_GFxDv1, 6 = Cab_GFxDv2,  7 = Cab_Blade1, 8 = Cab_Blade2, 9 = Cab_s320, 10 = s23 ..  Let me write it a different way
 BBxD = 0
 BB2e = 1
 BBS  = 2
 Error = 3
 GFxD = 4
 GFxDv1 = 5
 GFxDv2 = 6
 Blade1 = 7
 Blade2 = 8
 s320  = 9
 s23 = 10

That said, the cabinet I was looking at did not have a pin in pin 9 position of the connector on J10, so it is always open (bit 0 has a bit value of 1 when high/open).  Pin 10 (bit 1) was sent to pin 12 (ground)., this makes a bit value of 1.
The Blade connector going to J10 has no pins in 9, 10, 11, or 12.  so those are always going to be open (bit 0 and bit 1; bit 1 has a bit value of 2), this makes a bit value of 3.

For fun, added a pin to pin 9, retested with various bit settings to confirm this is indeed what is going on.

The game we were working with wants a value of 7 or 8 (blade1 or blade2).  There has to be a SYSID2 pin/bit somewhere.   With the SYSID2 pin, this would be bit 2, a value of 4.   It must currently be sent to ground.  If this bit was added to SYSID0 and SYSID1, we could get a value of 7.    Furthermore, if there is a SYSID3 pin,  THAT single pin would be bit4 and have a value of 8.    It seems logical they would have 4 bits.   Where are the other 2 bits?   Well, I know they are not pins 21, 22, (or 23 and 24 for that matter, they are ground).   

In the case of the game in this topic, I think it is Jewels or somethng, candy drops, whatever,  if putting pins 9 and 10 to ground (pins 11, 12 respectively) makes the game work, then I'd say the game was looking for a cabinet type of 0, BBxD.   Since both pins are grounded, it would make the bits 0.  Therefore, the check would be 0.

Conclusion, the SYSID check is either a 3 bit or 4 bit value.  Not just 2 pins/bits.    A pin, depending on which one, manipulates the bit value of the SYSID.
By manipulating the grounding of pins 9 and 10  (to pins 11, and 12 respectively) we manipulate the SYSID bit values to be 0, 1, 2, or 3.
Since there is a check (and table) for other cabinets in newer games, it is suspected there are 1 or 2 additional SYSID pins/bits that are sent to ground initially to only make values below 4.  By finding these bits and manipulating them, we have more values.

I will try to add attachment of a Blade J10 connector.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:26:43 PM by Eddiie »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 04:09:07 PM »

The reason I ask is I discovered that the newer games won't play on a BB2 with a BB3 CPU in it.  They error out looking for a Blade cabinet. I know for a fact that a Blade cabinet has a different harness connected to J10, with a different pinout.  I also heard from 2 different sources too that the 23" monitor in a Blade cabinet may be what the games are looking for, but I have no way to confirm this.

Which games are these that don't work?  I have a blade cabinet now and can see what I can come up with.  On a CPUNXT3.5 the monitors work correctly with a blade, on a bb2 cabinet, I have to switch the top and bottom around to get it to work, but that has been the only thing I've found to be different between the two as far as functionality.   I have not loaded any games on the bb2 that are bb3 since I got my blade, but all the games I had until then had worked fine.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 04:19:10 PM »

Which games are these that don't work?  I have a blade cabinet now and can see what I can come up with.  On a CPUNXT3.5 the monitors work correctly with a blade, on a bb2 cabinet, I have to switch the top and bottom around to get it to work, but that has been the only thing I've found to be different between the two as far as functionality.   I have not loaded any games on the bb2 that are bb3 since I got my blade, but all the games I had until then had worked fine.
Life of Luxury Multi-Game.  It's a LAP game.  Works fine in a Blade but not in a BB2 with a BB3 CPU.  Pic below in a Blade.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »
See pic below of what I get when I turn the key on this game.  Interesting message never seen before.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 08:12:05 PM »
I thought you needed extra hardware even on a blade to run these?  So these run on a blade stand-alone, without LAP hardware?  I think I can get a set of these for next to nothing, I just didn't bother because I thought it needed a lap server.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 06:14:24 AM »
I thought you needed extra hardware even on a blade to run these?  So these run on a blade stand-alone, without LAP hardware?  I think I can get a set of these for next to nothing, I just didn't bother because I thought it needed a lap server.
No, the game runs on a Blade but still needs the LAP controller.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal