New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: new to website cal omega 1981  (Read 10841 times)

Offline avpflanz

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • avpflanz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
new to website cal omega 1981
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:25:59 AM »
hi h have a omega 1981 machine that's works when you first turn it on and starts clicking on and off the turns off totally any help would he great thanks
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:14:44 AM by Joeylc »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: new to website
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »
Sorry for the delay here. I'll do my best to help you. But it's late and I must sleep!
Can you post a picture of the machine? One of the outside and one of the inside will help to start. Is it just a video poker game?  :NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
Where are you avpflanz? I can't help if you disappear!
For starters, check all your  circuit breakers. See if one is just intermittent...it may be half way popped out. There's some fuses on the mother board in the back... take each one out and check them with a multimeter for continuity. If it's popping, it's probably not a fuse...it would just blow out. Also physically inspect the power cord coming from the power supply to make sure it's all the way plugged in. Look for any fraying in the plug as well.
Come back and post!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:41:49 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:12:40 AM »
hey sorry for the delay had to get pic of the machine
the machine will work for 5-10 mins when first powered up 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 09:33:13 AM »
Thank you.
Just to make sure... did you check all the wiring from the plug to the power supply? Does it consistently shut down after the same amount of time?

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »
yes all wires look tight in place

the machine acts up at different time some time right a way some longer  is like a  heat issue or some thing 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »
Yes it sounds like something in the power supply. I need to check some of my notes and wiring in mine so we can see where to go next. I'll check some output voltages and get back to you. Bear with me... I'm not the expert here. Our regular moderator is not here and I'm trying to fill in the best I can.
First off... do you have any electronics/troubleshooting background?
And, do you have a multimeter?

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
thanks for your help
I know how to use a multi meter ohms ac dc and read ladder diagrams

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »
What shuts down?...Does the whole machine shut down or just the monitor?...If anything stays on, what is it?...

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
sorry the screen starts to blink on and off how can I tell of the rest of the controllers are staying on

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »
If you turn off the power to the monitor (pull the fuse if no switch) try and play the game...The  lights on the front of the machine should stay lite...If they do, I would then suspect the monitor...Check for cold solder joints on the monitor board...BE VERY careful as the CRT has HV!...Discharge the CTR before attempting any repairs on the monitor!!!!

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 05:17:18 AM »
 update when the machine acts up the screen and the key light flash on and off like is looses power can not play the game

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »
How long does it take before you can play it again?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Hello..
I have a question.. When your machine seems to loose power, your saying the monitor goes dark, but I don't understand what the key light is? I agree with Shortrackracer that it sounds like a bad solder connection.. It would be my guess that its going to be on the chassis that powers your monitor. If you have a broken or cold solder joint, your machine will work until it heats ups, and expands loosing the connection. You will need to remove your monitor assembly, and remove the chassis to inspect the boards solder connections. What your looking for is a cracked solder joint, or one that has loosened up. When working on and monitor assembly it is very informant to discharge the monitors HV!!
Have you checked to see if your main MPU board is seated tight into the mother board?

I picked up a CEI Video poker earlier this summer. It didn't have any video output, butt I could still coin up the game and hear sound. Mine was a bad chassis. Can you still coin up your game with the door open and hear it??

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
Re: new to website cal omega 1981
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 10:49:21 AM »
when it acts up you can not coin up the machine the light on the button flash as well as the screen

Offline avpflanz

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
I have un plugged all plugs and reseated them

Offline doyson49

• Reputation Power: 6
  • doyson49 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »
I would check the transformer it plug in to the board in the back it has two 10 pin wafer connectors
that plug into back board  all the voltage for the game come from that connector except the hopper
those pin get weak and sometime burn the connector or board.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »
Avpflanz - have you tried the suggestions from Dinoman and Doyson49?
So, the machine power DOES stay on, but just not the monitor? Correct?
And...when that happens, you cannot play the game... correct?
Keep us posted so you can get your game up and running.  :applause:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
If you enlarge the picture of the mother board, to me it looks like the red wires gotten hot and caused the plug to turn dark on the one side, or is that just a shadow? It looks burnt to me..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
Avpflanz where are you?
We're still here... need to see if any of those suggestions worked so far.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal