New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Chaser LEDs working in Game King, but not S2000  (Read 10312 times)

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Chaser LEDs working in Game King, but not S2000
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »
J1 on the mother board is power in from the power supply. If you don't have +13V there on the solid red, look at that PS, maybe try re-seating it. I would think however if you had no power there that some other components would be dead as well. There are 2 solid reds. Both dead?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
What type of MPU do you have anyhow enhanced (1270) or legacy (502/4)?  It makes a difference in the connector numbers.  Here's the wiring from the motherboard to J1 on a legacy motherboard.  It goes from J7 through the bulkhead connector J109 to J1 of your netplex/power distribution board.  The +13VDC that you were seeing at your audio amp comes from J3 on the motherboard through the same J109 connector. 

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
Tilt,
I've been on the phone with Jason & hopeful we found the problem. I clipped some zip ties. The 8 wires that connect to the Y harness go to J7 & J2 on the motherboard. Jason's J7 was disconnected. He's hooking everything back up & hopefully it is fixed. Waiting for him to call me back. Thanks for the diagram.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 02:20:01 PM »
Ok great  :wave:   He should be good to go then soon.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
Ron, Tilt, and all others that contributed to this thread...thank you so much for your help.  Ron and I dug deep on this one.  My continuity tool was lighting up on the ground pins and not on the hot pins.  Completely incorrect in electrical theory, but yet, everything worked on my machine except for the 13V to the topper.  End of all of it, we were thinking it was time to replace the motherboard.  As we started comparing notes in our machines, I found a stray plug that Luxor had disconnected years ago and tucked way behind the cluster of wire connecting to the motherboard.  J7 was empty on mine, but not on Ron's.  Funny, my machine works great without it plugged in.

"Plug that mofo in!"  LOL!!!

After getting everything put back together, and powering it back on, the chaser lights lit up and everything still works!  For giggles, I decided to test continuity again and now, my testing tool lit up on the hot pins and not on the grounding pins like it did before.  I've got nothing in terms of an explanation for that one.  I'm just excited that it works!

Thanks again fellas!  Top notch!

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »
 :congrats: :dancing_party:   Enjoy!

Offline Don

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Don New User has no influence.
  • It's All About Fun!
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »
Congrats, Glad you fixed it,

As I said before in a post that it never hurts to have a Digital Multimeter instead of a simple test lamp.

here is one for under $10. it is always useful to have around the toolbox

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009982PB6?psc=1

You can find them even cheaper than that, but do yourself a favor and get a Multimeter or Voltmeter to have around.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Forget the Joneses. I can't keep up with the Simpsons!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
Thanks Don.  I agree.  I have one, but in this case, I didn't end up using it since Ron and I were able to determine whether or not the pins were live or dead.  I'm still bewildered by the fact that all worked fine without the J7 plug connected, and that the ground and hot pins on the netplex board, audio amp, etc., would change depending on whether or not the J7 plug was in or out.  I'm stumped by it.  I would love to hear Foster's take on this one.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal