New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Report Bugs you run into..  (Read 218779 times)

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Re: Report Bugs you run into..
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 10:39:08 AM »
One more issue.

I notice that when I "quote" a post that has quotes inside of it, I only get the primary post contents, not the other quotes in the post. By definition, that also means that it won't automatically nest quotes that are quoted, too.

The site has always been setup to quote the full post, including other quotes within it. I'd like to see it work as it has. It's easier to delete the extra post text if it is unwanted than it is to hunt back through the thread gathering every quoted post to reconstruct the thought stream.

There might be an indexed view option that allows members to read posts indented by association (all posts referring to previous posts show up indented under the parent post. I've seen it in other forums, but NLG users aren't used to that sort of viewing. It also doesn't work correctly unless everyone replying or referring to an intermediate post clicks on the specific "reply" button in that post. (An extra button that generally accompanies posts on a Forum board that supports this view.) If they click on the generic "reply" button at the top or bottom of the thread instead, that view style won't nest the posts properly.

I SET: Remove nested quotes when quoting to no... try it now

test
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline tjkeller

• NLG Docs, FAQs, & Files
  • Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • tjkeller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 12:31:39 PM »
One more issue.

I notice that when I "quote" a post that has quotes inside of it, I only get the primary post contents, not the other quotes in the post. By definition, that also means that it won't automatically nest quotes that are quoted, too.

The site has always been setup to quote the full post, including other quotes within it. I'd like to see it work as it has. It's easier to delete the extra post text if it is unwanted than it is to hunt back through the thread gathering every quoted post to reconstruct the thought stream.

There might be an indexed view option that allows members to read posts indented by association (all posts referring to previous posts show up indented under the parent post. I've seen it in other forums, but NLG users aren't used to that sort of viewing. It also doesn't work correctly unless everyone replying or referring to an intermediate post clicks on the specific "reply" button in that post. (An extra button that generally accompanies posts on a Forum board that supports this view.) If they click on the generic "reply" button at the top or bottom of the thread instead, that view style won't nest the posts properly.

test

^^^Its definitely a different format than we are accustomed to but it is working now. Gonna take some getting used to.

>>>looks like a vortex. If we put a mirror on the left and another on the right will it display infinity?  :o ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:35:39 PM by tjkeller »
Thank God for Friends!!!

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »
One more issue.

test

^^^Its definitely a different format than we are accustomed to but it is working now. Gonna take some getting used to.

>>>looks like a vortex. If we put a mirror on the left and another on the right will it display infinity?  :o ;D

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Lol. I was going to remove the nested quotes, but I changed my mind. hee hee.
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Another bug. That long "Ooo" is inside "move" tags and isn't moving. I don't have any Javascripts blocked for this page so I don't think it's on my end.
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 05:18:56 PM »
it's moving for me ?????
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
It may be tied to the next problem I was about to report. For some reason, the FF "loading" animated circle (blue, moving clockwise) on the tab keeps turning long after the pages have loaded. If FF isn't seeing the page as having fully loaded, that would explain why I'm not seeing the animation.

The endless load isn't occurring as I type this reply. It happens on the home page and thread page loads. I'll have to check to see if it happens on the forum index page

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »
Home page loads okay
Index page loads okay
PM page loads okay
Show New Posts page loads okay
Board pages load okay
Randomly selected admin page loads okay
Post pages in thread -- NOT OKAY.

Correction. Now it's only occurring on the thread post pages.

Offline tjkeller

• NLG Docs, FAQs, & Files
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • tjkeller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »
I am using Google Chrome. Animation works and no page load issues.

insert scroll:
booo-yaaah!
Thank God for Friends!!!

Offline captainhappy

• NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • captainhappy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
it's moving for me ??? ??

Works for me too Stat, using IE 8.0 64 bit edition

Maybe your computer is F-ing with you?

Mark :95- (Yes I know that it (CH SMILEY) doesn't work, LOL)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »
Scrolling's working on my work computer running Firefox 26.0.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »
Well, the scrolling works fine on my computer now and the thread pages load completely. I think that whatever was causing the "endless load" was the problem. I wonder if it had something to do with the chat room software?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 10:47:28 PM »
I think that whatever was causing the "endless load" was the problem. I wonder if it had something to do with the chat room software?

That wouldn't surprise me.  In order for the chat/messages to update, it somehow had to keep looking to see if there was new information.  Good riddance.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
Is there some reason my user name is splitting up between two lines? I noticed others with long names have it show up under the (online) icon.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »
Not sure if it is a BUG or intended but after you reply to a post it takes you out of the topic.
It would be best that it returns you back to where you were. I know some topics get a lot
of replies and getting exited every time you reply then finding the topic to get back in seems
counter productive.
I did not see a reply to this. It's the first thing I noticed.
<edit> I found the answer in another thread about the setting being in the user profile. IMO it should be on by default.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:25:53 PM by Texas-Mark »

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 03:49:38 PM »
fixed i hope lol
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I did not have the keep me logged in block checked. I was writing a post and when I went to post it, it sent me back to the login screen (losing what I had written). In other words it timed me out even though I was still actively doing something.

Offline Joeylc

• Topic Moderator
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »
re try and time it if you can so i can find what setting it is..
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

???

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »
re try and time it if you can so i can find what setting it is..
I'm pretty sure the default was 60 minutes which seems about right. The issue is that you could be in the middle of a long post and you will lose everything when it times you out when you click the post button. Perhaps this is the way it always worked (I always leave the keep me logged in button checked, but had not checked the box yet). But it seems that on other forums it doesn't actually log you out until after you leave the site no matter what the timeout is set for. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
This would screw me up because sometimes I'm making repair video clips and it takes forever to upload/download from youtube to stick onto a Reply when tryna help somebody... :arrowthruhead:
I'm on-call all the time and sometimes gotta leave the NLG post unfinished until I get back from the floor.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
This would screw me up because sometimes I'm making repair video clips and it takes forever to upload/download from youtube to stick onto a Reply when tryna help somebody... :arrowthruhead:
I'm on-call all the time and sometimes gotta leave the NLG post unfinished until I get back from the floor.

I think it will only happen if you don't have the "keep me logged in forever" checked. Now that I have that selected, I have not had any more problems.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal