New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New SG 300 Double Jackpot Treasure Wheel Owner  (Read 2029 times)

Offline flyingfred

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • flyingfred New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New SG 300 Double Jackpot Treasure Wheel Owner
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:37:15 AM »
A friend of mine gave me a Christmas present of a non working Sigma SG 300 Double Jackpot Treasure Wheel machine. Thanks to the archived posts on this site I was able to navigate through them along with the posted pictures and I was able to make the machine functional again. I am still needing the latching mechanism for the door and a 25 cent hopper. Thank you everyone for your posts to this site. I could give a short story of my foray into the repair of this machine if anyone was interested. It might even help someone else in the future.

-Fred-

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: New SG 300 Double Jackpot Treasure Wheel Owner
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
Welcome to the site and congrats on the successful repair of your slot.
Go ahead and post you story on the repairs as that's what this site is all about.   
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline flyingfred

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • flyingfred New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: New SG 300 Double Jackpot Treasure Wheel Owner
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
I personally have 12 slots varying from a 1937 all electric Jennings console model to an IGT video poker/black jack/slot Game King. In between those era wise I have several Mills high tops, three Bally EM 3 reel slots, one 4 reel and one 5 reel slot. I also have a Mills vest pocket slot. Of course then there is this Sigma machine now in the mix. I also have six pinball machines varying from a 1939 Bally White Sails, a 1945 Bally Victory Derby payout, a 1958 Gottlieb Roto Pool, a 1954 Bally HiFi payout bingo, a 1976 Bally Hang Glider and a 1989 Black Knight 2000. I am mentioning my other games because I have always done my own work on these for the last 55 years with great success except I have been unable to figure out exactly what the Victory Derby machine is supposed to do. It was modified in the 50's by adding some passive bumpers and making the board drop for the balls at the start of the game electric rather than manual. I really just need to devote some time to it and I can probably figure it out but I am certainly open to suggestions. I will probably post this in the pinball section later.

This Sigma slot is in fairly nice cosmetic condition. It came to me on its back with the candle broken off of the top. It turned out to be the wrong one anyway so my first job was to figure out how to wire it up. In transport a lot of loose items such as large tokens and other loose parts worked their way through the machine. I did clean out all of this stuff before delving into the works. I plugged in the machine and the third reel kept spinning. One of the things that I fished out of the machine was the disc that clips onto the third reel for spotting. I had four chances of getting it installed in the proper position and, of course, I used up all four of those chances and the last one would let the reel finally stop. When it did stop I got the "lamp comm error". I started by making sure that all of the lamps were working. I found one of the LEDs in the Treasure Wheel was burned out. THIS IS NOT A PEP BOYS ITEM. I was able to locate an unrelated SIGMA display board that Foxs slots had and I took a chance that it had the correct LEDs, which it did. I unsoldered one from the donor board and installed it in the Treasure Wheel. I still had the same error. The only lamp left not working was the one in the reel spin button so I replaced it. No change in the error code. This is when I discovered this forum in the Archives. There are several posts regarding this issue and they were focused on plugs making bad connections or unplugged. Being as I do not have a manual for this machine, I was at a loss on some of the plugs as there are several that are not plugged in as they are not needed for this machine to work. I also tried resetting different dip switches to see if that helped, which it did not. Fortunately my IGT Game King had its reset key and I found out, just by chance, on Ebay that it would fit this machine. This was definitely needed as I was changing a lot of things with the dip switches. Thankfully one of the posts had a picture of the main board and I could see where I was needing a small plug in that was not there. I did find it and plugged it in. Now the error message is gone. HAPPY DAY :) Of course it is now the obvious time to play the game. Being as there were no credits on it I tried putting the tokens in that came with the machine. Well of course that did not work as I had to force the coins through the comparator. I am used to mechanical rejecters and had no clue as to how this comparator works. There seemed to be two slots for coins and just 4 LEDs to read the coin somehow. I checked the LED on the comparator and it was on. I found another post with a picture of the comparator. I noticed that there was a coin in that extra slot in the comparator that held the spring loaded part open so that the coin would fall through instead of having to be forced. What a concept!! The comparator is actually comparing the coin that it has captive to the coin being inserted!! :) Now this thing finally works except that I forgot to mention that the Treasure Wheel is not attached to anything in the top as what is left of its retainer is in many pieces apparently from age as the plastic is quite brittle. I managed to secure it and I had two chances of getting it in the correct position and of course I used both of those chances. I just want to thank everyone who posts on this forum as without the posts and pictures, this machine would probably still not be working.

I do need all of the latching mechanism for the door and a 25 cent hopper if someone has this stuff for sale.

-Fred-
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:49:36 PM by flyingfred »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal