New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT bonus Poker model GD65CF 4/96  (Read 1709 times)

Offline 21Pro

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 21Pro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT bonus Poker model GD65CF 4/96
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:24:58 PM »
I have A IGT Bonus Poker game, the screen went blank and after pulling the monitor I notice fuse soldered into the circuit board was fried so I soldered
 a new one in place. When I powered it up I heard a buzzing so I shut it down. I removed the monitor and powered it up again and no buzzing. Any Ideas what it could be?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT bonus Poker model GD65CF 4/96
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:58:50 PM »
Welcome to NLG, I see this is your first posting here.

Sometimes a buzzing sound on a crt type monitor is the high voltage/flyback transformer arcing. If you can safely get into position to look at the monitor circuit board while it is buzzing with the room lights dimmed you might be able to see blue arcing on the outside of the flyback or on the crt glass where the heavy anode lead attaches. Another thing that can buzz is a relay on the monitor board that is quickly turning on and off. Do you mean you removed the monitor and powered up the machine, no buzzing was heard, indicating the sound is coming from the monitor? What size was the fuse your replaced?

Is this a new machine to you, or was it working for some time and then this happened? Post photos of the machine and the monitor so they can be identified, including any nameplate on the monitor, that will help with the questions.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 21Pro

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 21Pro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 11:46:32 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I turned the lights out and powered it up but didn't see any arcing, and  when I removed the monitor the buzzing was not there. The fuse I replaced was a 3A. I have had this machine for 4 years and haven't had any problems until now. I included some pictures of the machine, monitor tag, and the game ID

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
One idea is that the monitor can be sent out for repair to a place called Ceronix, if that is the brand of monitor you have. On the back or elsewhere there may be a tag giving the manufacturer of the monitor and its model number, like 1492 or similar. They used to have a flat-rate repair service, or an exchange program, don't know if they still do that. Unfortunately since the monitor is kinda heavy and delicate the shipping cost can be up there. Hopefully the problem is not with the crt itself. Sometimes there is a entire monitor of the same model for sale from a machine that someone is parting out, you can watch for that in the Classifieds area here on NLG. Another idea is that people sell the monitor circuit board and you could try replacing it. They can be found on places like ebay or from monitor manufacturers like this:

https://www.ceronix.com/8-circuit-boards.html

If you remove the monitor and power the monitor up by itself on a table does the buzzing still occur? Was the buzzing coming from the machine speaker by any chance or could you say it definitely was coming from the monitor? When the monitor powers up does the screen light up white or gray, may have to turn the screen brightness up a little to see. If this happens it indicates the raster scan is present and the problem may be in the video signal. Is there a feeling of static voltage if you run the back of your hand across the face of the screen, indicating the high voltage is working?

Monitor repair can be difficult, similar to working on an old-style crt television it often takes someone experienced to look over the symptoms to figure out what area is causing the problem.

There is a forum board specifically for monitor repair here on NLG that might have helpful info:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=30.0
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:31:30 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal