New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Interesting Question...  (Read 1586 times)

Offline sirius7

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Interesting Question...
« on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »
Ok, here's a test of forum knowledge (and I don't pretend to know the answer)... 

I know that on video gambling machines that simulate real-world gambling items (such as a deck of cards, dice, roulette wheel etc), by law the item has to behave as it does in real life.  For example if there is a dice roll, there has to be an equal chance of each number coming up, just as in real life.  That's why with video poker the pay tables are only defined by the actual Pay Chart -- because it would be illegal for them to make the cards "weighted" for different hands.

Now here's my question:

It's common on video slot bonus rounds for the player to choose 1 of several selections to reveal the bonus value.  Usually the software then "reveals" what you would have gotten if you had chosen the other selections.  So, is there any law that requires those other choices to be real?  For example, if you are presented with 4 selections, do the options really have to be weighted at 25% each?  It's absolutely possible the software could be faking it.  Meaning, the higher paying selections could actually be weighted lower, and after you've made your selection the options are then arranged and displayed after the fact giving you the illusion that you had an equal chance of selecting the highest bonus.  While it may seem you have a 25% chance of getting the highest bonus, in reality it could actually only be 5%.

Are the game developers allowed to do something like that, or are there similar laws governing it like they do with a simulated deck of cards?  I ask this question because it sure seems like I select the better bonuses less often when I have switched the game to a lower pay table -- but I could just be really unlucky and imagining things.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Interesting Question...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »
Depends on jurisdiction.  In class II machines the choices are are pre-determined and the game will display what you you "should" have won.  In class 3 machines, the choices are not weighted.  The higher pay is already considered in the paytable holdback percentage.  You will also note that most of the time the values within the choices vary from bonus to bonus.

Other things that change in jurisdictions that are not commonly known is things like timeout values in making choices during bonus rounds, some don't proceed until you make a choice, some will make a choice for you if a predetermined amount of time lapses without a choice.  Other things like pay tables hold back % allowed and min bet requirements can vary from one jurisdiction to the next.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline sirius7

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »
Great info!  Where does Nevada fall on that scale?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 02:26:21 PM »
Nevada is class III and player must initiate bonus rounds, there's no timeout on bonus rounds.  Class II are the "bingo" type slots commonly found on Native American reservations and I believe Washington state gaming (class II is also known as central determination).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal