New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: how do I power up a call omega pixels board?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Motivasian

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Motivasian New User has no influence.
  • NLG
how do I power up a call omega pixels board?
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:29:37 PM »
I am trying to make all these boards work. I had a power supply for one and now it's gone. What can I use for the 15 vac that is needed to power it up

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: how do I power up a call omega pixels board?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:26:18 AM »
What happened to your power supply that is "gone"?

If you are talking about just getting 15 vac to the mpu board by itself here's one way to get that voltage. But I think the mpu also needs 5 vdc and maybe 12 vdc too. Do you have those voltages available?

Some doorbell transformers are made with an output 16 vac, that should be close enough to what you need. Just need to get one that has enough amps for your board. The higher the wattage (power) rating (also called the VA or VAR rating) the stronger the transformer is. I would think 1 or 2 amps (probably less) should do it but I don't know your board's amp requirements. The input side of the doorbell transformer connects to your 115/120 vac wall outlet. The output of the transformer will have 16 vac. Might be able to find one at your local hardware store and at home improvement stores (HomeDepot, Lowes, etc), places that sell doorbell parts and kits.

Some doorbell transformers are only 12 vac output, so watch out for those, I think they would be too low. 

Here are some examples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THOMAS-BETTS-DH910-DOOR-BELL-CHIME-TRANSFORMER-KIT-20W-/110661501255?hash=item19c3f08147:g:1R0AAMXQiFxSBi9U

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heath-Zenith-Wired-Door-Bell-Doorbell-Chime-Multi-Purpose-Transformer-122C-A-NEW-/262344800583?hash=item3d14f7f947:g:fSYAAOSw1DtXDXpw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEATH-ZENITH-DOOR-BELL-TRANSFORMER-DW-122-NEW-NO-BOX-/162019543647?hash=item25b91e0a5f:g:JcAAAOSwxp9W3HVm

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:57:46 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »
Thanks for the info. I said gone meaning it got took.

Offline Motivasian

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »
You've been a lot of help. Can you tell me why I cannot use a video converter front cga to vga? It works for cherry master but not for this.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
Sorry to hear someone took the power supply you were using. In the shop I used to work in we'd sometimes have people "borrow" tools or equipment and not bring them back. We setup some cheap security cameras and that stopped the nonsense.

Not sure why the video converter doesn't work, but since there are different video formats maybe the CalOmega video signal is not compatible with the video converter. Sometimes the sync pulses are opposite from what the converter is expecting (i.e., the CalOmega sync pulses might be negative and the converter is expecting positive pulses, or vice versa). Or it might just be a pinout difference on the CalOmega video connector. Back when the CalOmega mpu board was designed and built they didn't have the same video standards we have today.

If you can get info on the monitor or monitor board that the CalOmega machine uses that might tell you what type of video signal it expects, and that would be the video signal the CalOmega mpu board outputs. If you have the schematic drawing for the CalOmega mpu it may show what pins the RGB video signals are on, as well as the sync pulses. Some mpu boards have a dipswitch setting that selects positive or negative sync, for use with different monitors. You might look into what the dipswitches on your mpu board do.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
When you said "boards" in your first post what did you mean, do you have multiple. What revision are they?
Thanks,
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal