New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 6000 stand alone progressive  (Read 8086 times)

Offline christophergolec

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • christophergolec New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 6000 stand alone progressive
« on: April 13, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
Thanks for "welcome" and response !

I did jumper on pin1 and 5 on connection by the progressive board. I also used ohm meter to see if signal goes from one connector to another as it should and seems allright. I downloaded " Download for Windows ver 2.0" for mikohn. When I open program it shows in supreme window some files from progressive board. When I disconnect cable this window is empty. So I assume cable is ok and communicate with board. There is battery on the Mikohn board, maybe is bad!. I read PSP manual and find out that this error message could result in following problems, #1, "the computer is not connected to the controller", well it is, #2, "the controller is not powered up", well it is, #3, "there is physical(cable or connector) problem with serial communication".As I wrote earlier it shows some files in supreme window from progressive board so I assume cable and connectors are good. #4, "the program is using CON2.BAT and trying to communicate with CON1, or is using CON1.BAT and trying communicate with CON2, and here I am confused. I do not know what to do about it. Thanks for response.............Chris
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:38:19 PM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 6000 stand alone progressive
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
Do you have a  cham II+ or a supreme they are two different things.Download for windows is for a supreme.
I think you want a psp for the chami
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:14:31 PM »
I think I have a ChamII. I bought cd with this program for Mikohn Download for windows 2.0. I thought first this the program I need to program jackpot. But on cd there is also PSP to install on MS-Dos. I did install trough windows98 and I acces trough  shortcut on desktop. My progressive board and display are out of the machine. Should they be inside machine!.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
You can program it out of the machine it is easier.
psp with win98 is good.  Usb or serial?
See if the red leds flash on the chami when you hit pf1.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »
Serial port, 9 pin, pin # 1/5 on connector to the progressive board are jumper. When I hit F1 it shows for short "please wait!, sending configuration data"(No led are flushing on the board) then closes and on the bottom message "default error, Check controller #1". I press F10 and  I go back to jackpot programing(no more error message), press #1(for jackpot programing then F1 message shows "please wait!, sending configuration data" and this message stays forever. So when I am closing PSP program then 3 LED RED LIGHT (on progressive board)light up. When I open PSP again 3 led red light turns of.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »
Ok let's try resetting the chami. Power down the chami then hold down both gray buttons and apply power.
This will put the chami in a default setting and should correct Communication issues on the chami side.
You will have to change any font size etc. in the chami since all will be default.
On the computer side make sure in the bios the serial port is enabled.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 03:59:48 PM »

Ok, i have written down settings for Display, jp Limit=no, #of displays=1, jp grp=sa, mfile 1=5, od speed 1=50, font 1 =odmtr8, size-60. Settings for System, test-off, birth-off, safe to=ram dr, show load=yes, show c1=yes, symbol=$, sound-disable. Settings for Address, proto=con2, gradr=255, tdadr=64, r+r addr=off, mach addr=1. So far everything is fine except in Display for JP GRP 1 = SA I have only options SA0, SA1, SA2, SA3, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Should I choose SAO?. My second problem Im not sure how to check serial port(i gues com1 or com2)  is or how to enabled?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 04:18:12 PM »
SAO should work.
yes I think set to com one should work.
If you are going to message program in the jpot.do you will have to change MFILE =0 otherwise if you are just programing the progressive value I think MFILE =4 will give you amount in multi colors or "dazzle".

What is showing on the display now are you getting anything? You should be getting something about C12 missing or something like that along with $0.00.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »
 It shows all the same as before. Amount on display is $0.00 and changes to C10 and back to $0.00 an on. All the settings on the Cham are the same as before reset. I noticed when I connect rs-232 cable to board and comp 3  led red goes ON. When I disconnect cable goes of. Maybe I should check if the port is enabled, let see if I can do it.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
Make sure cable is assembled correctly.
see attached

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 05:39:14 PM »
Checked cable as on the pic, flow is the same. I have different colors.I used cat5 yellow cable.Even checked with ohm meter again. Connect cable to pc and board 3 led red light goes on. When I open PSP 3 led red light goes of on board. I use laptop which I bought on Ebay recently. When you turn on laptop before goes on you can chose which operating system you want to use, win98(C:) or winXP(E:). Maybe this is the problem?. I try program jackpot again, same error message again. When I start pc I choose win98.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »
The Cham battery must be above 2.8 volts or you will get a C10 or C14 or both.

PSP settings should be:

MENU = DISP
           JP Limit = NO
           # Displays = 1
           JP GRP1 = SA
           MFile1 = 0
      Leave all other settings as-is

MENU = ADDR
           Proto = Con2
           Gradr = 255
           Idadr = 64
           RTR = OFF
           Mach Addr = 1
      Leave all other settings as-is

MENU = SYST (keep all default settings)

3)  Program the CHAM with PSP using the settings

Menu = 1 Jackpot Programming
      Set amount and increment values to your preference
      F3 = SNGL
      F4 = M08
      F5 = 3sec
      F6 = JP0
      F7 = $$$$
      F8 = MS00

Lin
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »
Sorry, Should have mentioned C10 = Progressive is not set up. Requires PSP
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
Just checked Cham battery, is 3.08 volts. I checked and set all the settings as above. When pressing F1 still same error message, "default error, check controller #1". So what to do NEXT now?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:16:39 PM by christophergolec »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:19 PM »
You might want to try XP. I use XP on a laptop so you should have no problems. My laptop also has a dual boot Windows 2000 and XP this should not be an issue. Use XP.

You have a communication issue. The ony time the #3 red led lights is very briefly during communication between the computer and the chami. I just tested one of mine Red LED 3 will briefly light followed by green LED 4 when pf1 is pressed. This is the only time they light up.

Try this, uninstall the psp software. Reboot to xp and reinstall psp software there with the cable hooked up. Just clic on the psp.exe  extract files clic the install.bat followed by psp.exe and see what happens. (this is how I remember installing the software).
Are you using psp version 2 or 3? I still use 2 but i also have 3 loaded and it seems to work also.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »
Ok Rich. I will do as you sad. Delete files PSP from WIN98. Reboot laptop to winXP. Connect cable rs-232 to pc and Cham board. Install PSP software 2.0 which I have only.Let you know shortly.

Offline christophergolec

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 08:30:53 PM »
 :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:

RICH. You are  :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

It works very first time I press F1. It shows on display right away.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 08:36:23 PM »
Glad you got it working. Hope when you connect it to the machine all goes well. If not you know where to go.
I'm on the east coast late here and I have an early flight out.
I'll mark this topic solved. 
Start a new post if you run into other issues.

Rich

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hamburger4378 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 10:04:25 AM »
Good afternoon  folks, I need some help. I'm  working on my 1st Bally s6000. My others  is IGT S2000's. After some head scratching I got game working, now for the crazy stuff. mikohn stand alone setup. I have Blazing 777. I managed  to get the jackpot that I entered with the PSP to show on display but thats it. When switch into the  settings on the mikohn with the two gray buttons. Other then that I know I hit I think f3 in psp messaging tab. Now I get nothing but 0.00$ flashing with some . I tried sending a jackpot but didn't  change,  just gives controller error check controller 1. Not sure what I did. With that said Help knowing where the dip switched on mpu board should be for the progressive and if that needs to be done before  or after setting up progressive.  When it comes to the progressive/[/size]mikohn I'm  lost. I have the manual downloaded. I'm  using psp 2.0, should I be using 3.0. Any help would be grateful

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal