New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune 1 coin comparitor not working consistent  (Read 4020 times)

Offline doubled

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • doubled New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Fortune 1 coin comparitor not working consistent
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
I have a fortune 1 draw poker that I bought to fix and sell. I sent the board out to Larry at k lar and he refreshed it. Machine works great minus the coins falling through like 30-40% of the time. It's a new comparator. I installed it hoping that was the fix but still not reliable.  I don't want someone to purchase it and not be happy. Any magic potions would be great. I've used alcohol on q tip. To clean the surface that the coin passes by. Thanks for any help.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Fortune 1 coin comparitor not working consistent
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:06 AM »
When you say that 30-40% of the coins are falling thru do you mean they are getting rejected back into the coin tray on the front of the machine?

If your coin comparitor is the electronic type that uses a sample coin (like a CC-16 for example) there is a sensitivity adjust in the lower right-hand corner, you should turn it all the way CCW for the least coin rejections. And you might try a different sample coin, they sometimes are slightly different or magnetized and cause a problem. Also make sure the sample coin is installed in the groove on the left side of the coin holder, that the sliding cover is all the way to the left so that it covers as much of the sample coin as possible, and that the sliding cover screw is snug.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline doubled

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:30 PM »
Yes falling into tray.

It's this kind. See pic

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »
That's the simpler type of coin acceptor, commonly called a "coin mech", not a comparitor. (a comparitor is electronic and it electrically compares a sample coin that is installed inside the comparitor to the coin a player inserts). 

Your coin mech is labelled for nickel use, so I guess that is what you are using. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look new? You may be able to examine it and find a way to force it to let all nickels fall thru as accepted coins, since the machine is going to be used in a home environment verifying the player's coins isn't all that important. The coin mech should have 2 coin paths inside, one for accepted and the other path for rejected coins. There is usually an adjustment for the size of the coin, if set wrong it will reject coins, you can try setting it to work better for nickels.

Also, I think these coin mechs have a magnet, that magnet may be interfering with the nickel. A nickel coin is mostly copper but has some nickel metal with is magnetic. Although copper is not magnetic it affects the magnetic field of a magnet in a way that will slow down a copper coin. You can try moving or removing the magnet to see if that helps. There may be a screw adjustment that moves the magnet further away from the coin path, sort of like a sensitivity adjustment. Examine the magnet and the metal plate it is mounted on, see if there is a screw that raises and lowers the magnet. If so you can try turning the screw and moving the magnet further away. If there is no adjustment you can try removing the magnet entirely. The magnet is there to catch metal slugs that people may try to use instead of a real coin.

Since the coin mech is mechanical you can test it and play with it while it is outside of the machine, to get an idea of how it works and doesn't work. I have attached 2 documents about your coin mech from the company that makes it. They explain how it works with nickels and how to make adjustments to it for proper operation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:43:55 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline doubled

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 06:13:53 AM »
Sorry for the confusion that is just a picture of Google Images I was at work. The one I have is 4 quarters I have a case of brand new ones for quarters and a case of nickel ones. I'll check out your articles and see if I can't do some tweaking on it with those small adjustments. thanks for all the info though

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 03:27:52 AM »
Doubled:

IF your actual coin mech is JUST like the one shown then you may have a mounting issue.  It seems that the lugs that secure the mech in the doors spring loaded holder is missing on the right side.    IF the mech is not all the way on the door it will reject or jam frequently.  My 2 cents.  Keep us posted.  Ra

BTW Post a picture of the game.  We like pictures.

Ra

Offline doubled

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 11:49:11 AM »
Here's some pics.

Offline doubled

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 11:51:49 AM »
Another

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 05:43:07 AM »
Doubled:

Not sure if you got the coin rejection issue fixed.  Your mech looks good to my eye.  IF you have another mech then I would replace it with a known good mech.  Also, and a long shot,  I had a rejection issue many years ago and the problem was that the game was not sitting level on the floor and stand.  Once I leveled the game the problem was solved.  Keep us posted.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal