New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: V20 questions  (Read 16905 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: V20 questions
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »
Thanks! I'll be doing all of this tomorrow so hopefully.... well, we'll see.
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
Ok I've got everything installed and the game is up and running with only one problem. The top monitor is blank. It showed everything the bottom monitor showed during boot up but once the game kicks in it goes blank. I have both hooked to the dual vga video board that I just installed. Is that correct? Should both be hooked up to the new card or does one still need to be plugged into the original vga port on the cpu? If I have it hooked up correctly what could the problem be?

Update: I have checked everything I can think of. I've reinstalled the video card, verified all connections are good and plugged into the proper locations, performed a clear several times and have verified that all set up configurations are correct to the best of my knowledge but the top monitor is still blank. As I said earlier it displays a mirror image of the lower screen during boot up showing all the text and what not associated with that process but as soon as the Hot Shot logo screen appears on the lower screen the upper says "no signal" then goes blank. It's almost like the game itself isn't sending the top screen a signal. At this point I'm completely at a loss for what to do next.  :banghead:  Please help!!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:10:35 PM by mr-monoxide »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »
Not all games have dual screen compatiblity.  Which hot shot are you running?  The video version of the original hot shot game or the 15 reel version?  The original Hot shot video version was meant to run on a cinevision cabinet, which only has one screen.  The newer "15" reel version does support dual screens.  The fact that you are getting cloned images during the boot process means everything is connected properly.  Both monitors should be connected to the video card, that is the correct way.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »
It's the original hot shot. The game software I have must not support dual screens. However I'm sure I've seen that game with a top monitor in use even though it only displayed the hot shot logo. Although maybe I'm mistaken and it was a glass with the logo and not a monitor. I guess I need to resume my search for the proper software. Do they make the original hot shot software that supports dual screens or am I forced to go with the 15 reel version? For me personally the whole purpose for converting to dual monitors was so I could have the original hot shot specifically. I really don't care for the 15 reel version plus I've a feeling that it won't work very well with my current cpu but I guess I'll run it if I have no other choice.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »
Every Alpha game I have loads the glass graphics for dual screen. Even the classic version of hot shot. Do you have another game to load to see if you get a top box graphic?
-------
Charles

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 07:27:17 PM »
I have the game that came with the machine, black & white sevens. Originally it had the glass for that game up top so I really hadn't considered that software as a diagnostic tool but your suggestion is a good one. I'll load it up now and will report back momentarily with the result...

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 07:49:51 PM »
Exact same results with the other game, both monitors show boot up info then they both flash on/off a couple times, the top monitor then displays "no signal input" and the splash screen appears on the lower. Top monitor remains blank.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 08:07:38 PM »
My suggestion on this is go ahead and get a Real 1-gig box-That is not a gamemaker box. At that point you can bump it to 2-gig by adding a memory stick, At that point you will have the speed and nice graphics to take advantage of some of the games that are available.  Your dino box is really a "Drag" time wise for what you want and I would suggest that you do not have proper software. My opinion.  Have a good weekend-what is left of it. 

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »
I plan on upgrading the cpu but it will be quite a while before that can happen. Looks like I've got a 300 lbs $1000 paper weight until then...

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 08:29:44 PM »
Take a picture of the software that you think is v-20/20.  You are going to have at least a 336 os with a 335 clear etc. Sounds like you are on a budget and I can respect that,  K-Mart does not have those strobe blue light specials anymore.  There is a Joker on e-bay stating they  have a 1-gig box-They do it's a gamemaker box-non-upgradeable. Then there are others on there also that are legit.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 08:57:40 PM »
Here's the pic of the game and OS.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »
I switched the vga cables on the video board just to confirm that the top monitor did indeed work and to eliminate it as a potential problem. It worked fine but of course the bottom monitor was blank. I've switched them back now. Should I try swapping the mpu? I have the exact same one in both my s9000's. Is it worth a try or do I simply have a software issue?

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 09:51:31 PM »
What's OS and what is your BIOS number.
-------
Charles

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:39 PM »
OS is AVOS00000336-09 bios is AVBBP26S300M

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 10:10:21 PM »
Just to clarify... Did you let the game boot all the way ?
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »
Not all games have dual screen compatiblity.  Which hot shot are you running?  The video version of the original hot shot game or the 15 reel version?  The original Hot shot video version was meant to run on a cinevision cabinet, which only has one screen.  The newer "15" reel version does support dual screens.  The fact that you are getting cloned images during the boot process means everything is connected properly.  Both monitors should be connected to the video card, that is the correct way.

Rick - Even if a game was meant to run a Cinevision, its the same software that would be in the 20/20. There is no difference.

Here is the classic on my machine... The top monitor displays the GLASS.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2016, 10:19:28 PM »
Wonder if it's a memory shortage issue then, that you would require at least 1gb of ram?  I will load up the game on a V20/20 tomorrow and test it with a 512mb dual video box.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »
Let me know what you find out. I would do it but my old MPUs are buried somewhere.
-------
Charles

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 04:22:50 AM »
Just to clarify... Did you let the game boot all the way ?

Yes several times. I'm going to swap out the cpu with one from another machine. It's the exact same cpu but at least I'll know if the original had some issue or not. Plus it's the last thing I can think of to do that I haven't tried.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 05:32:05 AM »
I changed to a different cpu but it didn't fix the problem, still no top display. If the memory capacity of the cpu is a possible issue then I would assume that I should experience some sort of lag or choppy game play but it doesn't seem to do that. Gameplay is smooth and quick from what I can see.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal