New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 5000 Plus NEED help & possibly parts  (Read 6153 times)

Offline dgalvin66

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • dgalvin66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 5000 Plus NEED help & possibly parts
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:18:43 AM »
So I just picked this up today for $30. The person told me it was parts complete but could not open the bottom door to verify. He had it in his mini storage so there was no power. I figured taking a gamble for $30 was worth a shot. The outside laminate needs to be re-glued because it is pealing off pretty bad, but that will be an easy fix.
Got it home and got the door open only to find that it is missing the hopper and coin comparitor right off the bat. Plugged it in and it powers on all of the lights but nothing is working.
I am not sure but think that it is missing a printed board (MPU or IO). I will post some pictures and hope that someone can help me get this figured out.
I do have the "Operators instruction manual" & "Basic Operation Class 1" Manuals in PDF. If anyone has the service repair manuals or any other info on this machine I would love to get a copy.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:42:42 AM by dgalvin66 »

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
Re: Bally 5000 Plus NEED help & possibly parts
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:40:45 AM »

More pictures
Let me know if you need any other pictures.

Thanks in advance

Offline Slotski

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Slotski New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:00:56 AM »
It's been awhile since I have worked on these. Sorry, your missing the game and I/0 boards. I don't remember seeing that game. The reels and machine in general looks pretty clean. The boards could be found but it may be hard to find the EPROMs for the game. Good luck, at least you only have $30 invested.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »
It looks like the I/O board is there, otherwise NOTHING would be shown on the displays.
You are missing the main computer board that contains the game software.
If you can find a SMI number of the reels somewhere in the machine it may be possible to find the correct software.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:32:58 AM »

I will look to see if I can locate the SMI number.
Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 04:06:33 PM »
So I just picked this up today for $30. The person told me it was parts complete but could not open the bottom door to verify.
......I am not sure but think that it is missing a printed board (MPU or IO)......

As you know it's not "parts complete", the card cage is missing a board and like you said the hopper is gone. If I'd paid a big price for the machine I'd be talking to the seller about it, but since you only paid $30 it isn't a big deal. If you will remove that board that is in the upper part of the card cage and post a photo of it we can id it and you will have that info.

You can find the mpu boards from different sources, they will likely not have the game software eproms you need for this machine but those are also available here and there. Maybe you can use the name of the game or the artwork on the glass (the game theme) to help id the game eproms needed. The experienced folks here on Bally 5000/5500 machines can help with that, or you can contact someone like this guy that sells the game chips, he can probably help you to figure out what the SMI chip numbers are.

http://jjslots.com/Bally-Items_c3.htm

Odd, but there is a tag on the side of the machine that says "SMI-1095" but I don't think that relates to the game software. There is a listing in the Bally S5500 software list for a game called "Wild 7's", the SMI is 6021.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=207.0

If you can't find the exact game software to match the reelstrips and glass you may be able to get something close enough to work ok for casual play, a lot of machines have different clones of the same game.

Not sure if the old drawing below will be of any help, but just in case:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:46:29 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 07:35:03 PM »

I think that the tag on the side is referring to the payout table for the machine and nothing to do with the name of the game.

I am not worried about if I find the matching software so long as I get the reel strips that match what ever MPU & chips I find. Worst case I can always make new reel strips to match the payouts on the reel with graphics to match the glass. It will just be for my wife and I to use in the living room so 100% authentic is not really an issue, just so long as it works and looks good.

I plan to completely redo the outside of the case since the laminate is peeling off but am going to wait until I have it working.

I have reached out to a few people that I know here in Las Vegas but have not heard from them yet because of the holidays. I have talked to a member on here that has the MPU board with software and the entire reel mechanism with the matching strips. I am waiting to hear from my local contacts to see if they can help me out a bit cheaper and not have shipping charges to pay in addition.

I have about 5 or 6 oval slot toppers that I was planning to modify to mount on the walls but instead I think I will just try to sell them to raise the extra money to buy all of the parts to fix this up or buy another slot instead that does not have such a poor reputation and support structure. I will give this one some time before I make a decision to move to something else since I have only had it for 2 days.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »
Hope you reached out to Larry at K-Lar here in Vegas. We have a 5000 tester and many boards to help you out. 702-363-9998

Offline dgalvin66

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »

No I did not. I will tomorrow.
Thanks for that info.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 09:21:32 PM »
Leave him a message if he doesn't answer right away. He is nursing one heck of a cold and I am staying away from the shop until I get the all clear. Tell him badbaud sent you.

Offline cheller80

• cheller80 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »
Hi -

I have a lot of Bally 5000+ parts from a parted out cabinet, I know I have an extra hopper if needed.

Let me know what you might need.  I'm in the Detroit area.  The hopper would be heavy/expensive to ship unfortunately.

Carl

Offline Chris-socal

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 05:08:15 AM »
I saw this posting and I am in the same boat. I picked up a 5000 Plus in good condition but it is missing MPU board and I think the sound board. PS is burned out, I suspect someone thought the machine was toast so they started parting it out. Where can I get MPU board? I dont see a lot of parts for these anywhere. It is missing SN and date tag, some plastic pieces are dated 1991.  Did I purchase an $80 paper weight that lights up?  Pic is attached of the tray. Thanks for any help.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 06:49:01 AM »
We have boards and software but would need to know what software you need on the MPU board.
We also repair the black power supplies.

Offline cheller80

• cheller80 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 09:21:39 AM »
Hi -

Looks like you're missing both the MPU and I/O board - the tray holds two boards.

The sound comes off the back board (I believe) that is present in your picture (see a volume control on it?).

If your power supply is also dead, might be best to use this machine as a donor to another that is complete - putting all those things back together will likely cost more than you already have in it.

I have most of a cabinet available for parts if interested (not the boards at this time).

Cheers,

Carl

Offline Chris-socal

• Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.Chris-socal Is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
Can we determine what software it needs by looking at the game? Pics attached.

As for power supply I will clean and re-solder the sub board and check the caps. Looks like some ceramic caps on the other transformer burned out too, they were sandwiched between the PS .

Should I contact you directly for the board?

Chris

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
Thanks Carl, I will make that determination when I see the price tag on the boards.. you are right, I forgot the IO board!

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »
It's hard to see but the I/O board is still there.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
If the IO board isthe one right under the reels, yes it is tere. How do I get ahold ofyou regarding MPU board?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 07:26:17 PM »
Private Message me on this forum.

Offline Chris-socal

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 05:13:17 AM »
I got the black box working but now I have this contraption to clean up. The red caps were smashed between the black box and the filter and one was froed.. plus I am only gettinf 67v out of the filter. Am I correct that the red caps are 10 nf?

Chris

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal