New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: help with an 873  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
help with an 873
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »
im working on a 5 line 873 and all pays work fine except for cherry on line 4. if a cherry hits on line 5 i get 4 coins because of the overlap but on line 4 i get 2 coins. all other pays work on line 4.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
Re: help with an 873
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:59 AM »

I would look at the wiper board contacts and the fingers. I would check the continuity between the boards at the cherry contact pads. Do you have the wiper board wiring diagrams for the 873?
At least a good place to start.
Dave F
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:52:32 PM by The Fatman »
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline jimliner

• Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »
I have an 873 and a 922, both 5 lines.  You didnt mention if this is a problem that just started or has lingered for awhile.  You can line up the single cherry on forth line.   Unplug and pull reel mech.  Check the reel one wiper board and make sure the wipers are aligned on all the contacts in the cherries column on wiper board.  If so, then I would clean all the wipers and move wipers forward off that column of contacts and clean the contact board focus on the cherries contacts. 

A starting point anyways. 

I had a problem with line 3 all plums not paying.  But lines 4 & 5 plums paid.  So cleaned all plum contacts on 2nd reel wiper board.  Corrected problem. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:54:27 PM by jimliner »

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:06:43 PM »
so here is the background of the machine.when i got it lines 2 and 4 did not work at all line 5 worked but not the proper pays. i went through the contacts, wipers, and wiring the best that i could with the info i have in my trouble shooting guide and service manual. i have actually replaced wiper 1 making sure it lines up as close to center with the contacts as possible at each stop.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 03:30:42 PM »
Did the replacement wiper have the same "cuts" as the original?  I am going to guess, yes. 

All 3 reels have same wiper config.  2 contacts per cut across each wiper.

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:11 PM »
Dont know what happened to my font size on my last reply ... its fixed now.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 05:52:36 PM »
Did the replacement wiper have the same "cuts" as the original?  I am going to guess, yes. 

All 3 reels have same wiper config.  2 contacts per cut across each wiper.

They both looked identical i will check again when im back by the machine tomorrow.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 07:37:20 PM »
Try this low tech old school technique. Kick the reels, stop the clock and set up the cherries that don't pay correctly. As the machine starts to pay move the reel in question back and forth just a little. This will cause the contact to move across the button.
Or spray some contact cleaner onto a cup, drench a q-tip with the cleaner wipe the area that needs attention.

I'm guessing a bad wire or contact connection. Check continuity across the boards for an open.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »
YEP ... thats where I start
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »
I would go back and check that wiper you replaced. I made that mistake on a machine a few years ago myself. I just counted the number of fingers on the contact, and didn't check the cuts on the back. I won't do that again.

Gary.

PS.. Dave, I've had my fonts do crazy things here my self for no reason. Usually happens if I am trying to cut a paste in my posting..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 11:11:04 AM »
ok so thanks for the help i think i have it figured out. the problem appears that the wiper is not being held tight enough to the contact board to make contact in some places. makes sense because the reason i replaced the old one is it some how got bent and was putting too much pressure on the contact board and would not let the arm move or the reel unlock. i guess the arm is bent too.

update
and now its working again thanks again for all the help.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:44:51 AM by vtyler »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 11:50:27 AM »
I like to use this contact grease on my EM slots. It helps keep the wipers moving nice and free, plus it keeps the wear to a minimum. A very small amount goes a long ways. It's made for EM Pinball machines, but it works great on EM slots too.

http://www.pbresource.com/toolbox/pbr-grease.jpg
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rdaniel

• Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
Where do they sell the PBR Grease?

thanks

rdaniel

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »
Pinball resource. Link in Amechanic's post. Good stuff.

Here.  www.Pbresource.com

Then click on tools/supplies. 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:02:22 PM by jimliner »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal