New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal Midas Touch - error code 13 & 50 and tilt light and pays out on start  (Read 2597 times)

Offline GriffithB

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GriffithB New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I am a newbie.

I just got a Universal Midas Touch.  When it is plugged in, it immediately starts paying out tokens and after about 45 it stops and the TILT light turns on.  It also shows errors code 13 and 50 (flashes between the two).  If I open it up, i can press the RESET button.  TILT light goes out, but 13 and 50 codes still show.  When I close the door, it starts paying out again and goes to TILT.

I believe this started happening after the JACKPOT KEY was inserted and turned both clockwise and counter clockwise.

I will post a few pictures.

Offline GriffithB

• NLG
 a few more pics

Offline GriffithB

• NLG
I followed some advise post to others by UNIMAN..."There is a small button on MPU board. Look for round hole at bottom middle of MPU case. Push button and hold in while powering on. Hold for about three seconds. This resets the RAM and may clear problem.".

This cleared the pay out at power up.  And the only shows the error code 50...but good news is that INSERT COIN light is flashing...and when a token is inserted the error 50 disappears.

And I can play...but as soon as I win, even if it is only for 1 or 2 tokens...it starts paying out a about 35-40 then shows TILT. 

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

You just got it and it has doing this since you got it, right?
I need you to post a pic of the mpu board.
Power off machine, open door, pull out the coin tray. unplug the connectors coming out of the mpu case and pull the case out. unscrew the cover and take a pic of the mpu.

Two things I'll be looking for; 1. There is a small sub-board at location 1A. 2. The dip switches on this sub-board are set right for the hopper you have. (Ashia Sieko)

Offline GriffithB

• NLG
Yes it has been doing it since I got it.  As I was removing the coin tray i notice that one of the spade connectors was not connected to the mechanism that counts the coins.  After I connected that wire, I was able to successfully perform the self-test Hopper Test Test Port No. 4.

So the slot machine is running perfect and all functions work.

I appreciate you getting back so quickly....and know that I used several repair tips/repair diagnostics that you had posted for others.

I know that these units are out of the main stream...but it is nice to have a place to go for assistance with them.

Thanks UNIMAN

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

That spade connector goes to the micro-switch that counts the coins.
Glad it was an easy fix!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal