New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Strange issue with LCD conversion  (Read 2153 times)

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Strange issue with LCD conversion
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
I just purchased a tested 17" LCD for my GK. After having issues I plugged it into my old dell laptop and a power supply cord and verified that it works perfectly. Problem is, I can barely see the game on the screen (like you really have to focus to see it). If I touch the screen where I know there are buttons, the game will play. I have adjusted the menu settings (menu comes up nice and bright) and even reinstalled the CRT which works fine. I have an 044 board. I read in old threads where 039 boards needed an 8 pin chip with the conversion but all posts about 044 were plug and play. I can't think of any reason it would not work so any help would be appreciated. Pics of my are below. The 3rd one is 1 of 2 8 pin chips on the board...just in case.
Thanks in advance, Ian.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: Strange issue with LCD conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
What's the brand of the LCD monitor?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »
If it's a Ceronix see this thread:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8262.0

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »
IGT 044 Image Fix from Ceronix

When you turn on your IGT game with an 044 gameboard and you get no image:

1.   Press the Menu button on the monitor.  The OSD Menu will appear on the screen
2.   Press the Select button 3 times and the blue portion of the OSD will say ON.
3.   Press the Up or Down, the blue portion will now say OFF and you should have a game image on the screen.
4.   Press the menu button 2 times to exit the OSD menu.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 02:57:52 AM »
It's a Ceronix 1705. I tried the fix posted  and my menu differs front what is stated. When I press Menu I get contrast/brightness screen. So, I scrolled through. The only OSD options I see are OSD left/right, OSD up/down, OSD time out (which is a sliding bar 0-60), Factory Reset and DVI/VGA. The only "blue" option I see is a color level option along with red and green.
The unit was tested on a 3902 board and worked. I have to get ready for work but will mess with it later. Thanks, Ian.

Also, I was reading through the thread that tilt posted and noticed talk of the Vatra battery. I don't have one on my board. Could this be an issue? No blinking lights like it said in the thread. Mine are all solid. Put the CRT back in and all works well.

I was looking through Ceronix manuals and it appears OSD means the menu itself (On Screen Display, I assume). Still, I can't sense of where it says "and the blue portion of the OSD will say ON" :Scratch-Head: . I can find no such option. OK, now I'm going to be late. Gotta go....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:39:37 AM by ianmcneil68 »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 05:16:11 AM »
Read this post.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8337.msg47906#msg47906

Removing the jumper is the fix.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 05:43:05 AM »
I am attaching the files from the above post here.

Offline Slottex

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Slottex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 06:18:17 AM »
I just had the same problem this week on a 19" Ceronix and had to remove the jumper all is fine now !

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 07:18:40 AM »
Awesome, guys. I will try it as soon as I get home from work and report back. :applause:

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 03:09:58 PM »
YEP! That did it! I removed the jumper on the LCD board and all is well. :thank_you:

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
YEP! That did it! I removed the jumper on the LCD board and all is well. :thank_you:

:cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal