New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I give up, anyone out there that can fix this SC 300?  (Read 1762 times)

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • mwade109 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
I give up, anyone out there that can fix this SC 300?
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:14:05 PM »
I give up trying to fix this game. Is there anyone out there that can actually fix it? If you are within 500 miles of Virginia I will deliver it to you otherwise I will ship it. I don't really want to trash it as we had custom graphics put on as well as custom reel strips to match our computer store and computer related products. Let me know and I'll pack her up!
Mike

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: I give up, anyone out there that can fix this SC 300?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »
Do you have a discussion thread here on NLG about it's problem, what you have tried and what others have suggested?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 09:14:59 PM »
Do you have a discussion thread here on NLG about it's problem, what you have tried and what others have suggested?

Sorry,  here was the original post back in 2015:

Greetings.... can anyone tell me how to bypass the validator door sensor for the SG-300?  The door is not open but it is giving the error on the led panel.  I do not know if this indicates anything but when I unplug the bv door sensor I DO get a indicator light change on the numeric led on a small board behind the hopper so I assume the sensor is working..  I have never done any work on a Sigma so I'm pretty much in the dark here.[/size][/font]

If there is anyone here that may help,  I am going to be at the machine the next 2 days and will fire it up and see exactly what it is doing and try anything that may be suggested.

Mike
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:48:59 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 03:52:24 AM »
What have you tried so far? Have you tried bypassing the magnetic switch on the bv door? Have you followed the wires from the bv door switch back to where they connect, make sure one of the wires isn't cut or broken, or a pin/terminal/contact in a connector pushed back a little and not making contact? In general, the switch will either send a ground or a positive voltage like 5 volts back to the mpu board (or other circuit board) and this tells the machine that the door is open or closed. You can use a meter on the door switch wires to find out what is on each one, or look at the machine wiring diagram in the manual.

Here is another thread about this machine and its problem:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7326.msg39208#msg39208
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:12:00 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mwade109

• It is always....
  • NLG
    • Suffolk Amusements
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:47 AM »

Sorry, yes, I tried to find that thread but couldn't find it, I figured it was posted on the old forum and possibly got lost in the changeover to the new format (i am old and forget when the change over was). Thank you for posting the link, that thread has more insight into the problem and what I have tried.  I will be going to where the machine is today and will give it a look to refresh the problem in my mind.  I will post the results later this evening. BUT, I am not opposed to bring the game to Ohio or Arizona (prefer Arizona) and staying for a week to visit if there is someone that thinks (knows) they can fix it in that time frame. I would possibly bring my Fortune II Keno machine that it my other 'thorn' in my side! I was considering contacting the folks at NLG and seeing if they are Sigma experts there.

What have you tried so far? Have you tried bypassing the magnetic switch on the bv door? Have you followed the wires from the bv door switch back to where they connect, make sure one of the wires isn't cut or broken, or a pin/terminal/contact in a connector pushed back a little and not making contact? In general, the switch will either send a ground or a positive voltage like 5 volts back to the mpu board (or other circuit board) and this tells the machine that the door is open or closed. You can use a meter on the door switch wires to find out what is on each one, or look at the machine wiring diagram in the manual.

Here is another thread about this machine and its problem:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=7326.msg39208#msg39208

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal