New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 39766 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2017, 01:51:52 AM »
i will look at the connections - again as I mentioned the original owner had spent alot of time (he passed away - so have no idea where he left off) all of the connections have tape numbering on them so i think he did a good job not screwing up the harnesses - but will follow them thru - i have the manual with the connections to verify.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 04:55:19 AM »
no progress - tried the scan disk that I removed - no change.  checked the 4 wire harnesses going to the monitor - all connect to correct plugs.
left running for 20 minutes no change. Noticed the fan in the monitor box is not working?  I saw mention about a fan in some threads.   Latest video display didn't show any new messages

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 05:04:51 AM »
The fan issue does not relate directly to your issue but it does need to be solved. I bought one off ebay pretty cheap. In watching the video you first sent me I see one thing that stands out. At one point it says
"IVALID DRIVE SPECIFICATION"
"INVALID MEDIA TYPE"
Let me run the boot process on one of my visions and compare. In the meantime, make sure there are no other jumpers installed on the monitor's board. I don't knkow what all they do but J1 is the only jumper on mine.
Stand by....
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2017, 05:13:27 AM »
Ok, never mind.
"INVALID MEDIA TYPE"
is nothing. mine says the same thing and boots fine. I'm starting to think that your monitor is is just fine. Normally, after the "initializing, please wait...", you should be able to look down at your VFD display and, if all is well, you get "MS Verify: App Start". What does your VFD say?

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2017, 05:30:32 AM »
I'm starting to think Cowboy or qbert, can't remember which, may have nailed it. Connection issue. Both the machine and the monitor appear to act normal but are waiting for signals from eachother in order to proceed. Without that signal it's just stuck.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2017, 05:53:13 AM »
Take some pictures of the harness connections on the top box and where they go on both ends.

Need pictures of where the connections go!

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2017, 05:56:40 AM »
I think Rich meant the connections from the monitor to the machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2017, 05:57:24 AM »
Picture of the back of the vision unit
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2017, 06:02:25 AM »
i corrected the pictures - I chased the 4 connections from the vision unit to  the lower module connection - the wires all match color wise to the module and to the wiring in the vision unit - so all 4 connections pass correctly to the lower module Which leave the wiring from the lower module to??  will chase back to the motherboard/power distribution next.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2017, 06:18:05 AM »
I haven't had a vision machine for years so my memory is foggy. Are there any cards, like ram, plugged into the topbox computer motherboard? If so, you might try cleaning the edge connectors and reinserting them

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2017, 06:31:34 AM »
Rather than tracing the harness all the way to the motherboard, lets take it in sections. On the back of the monitor there is a 10 netplex connector. This is the highway between the MPU and the monitor. Take a pic of where it goes first after leaving the monitor.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2017, 06:56:13 AM »
here are the pictures - the wires go to nexplex bottom plug j2
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:02:12 AM by GOS »

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2017, 07:04:45 AM »
On the motherboard there are 2 netplex J2 J3 they look identical currently using the J2?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2017, 07:19:28 AM »
Ok, never mind.
"INVALID MEDIA TYPE"
is nothing. mine says the same thing and boots fine. I'm starting to think that your monitor is is just fine. Normally, after the "initializing, please wait...", you should be able to look down at your VFD display and, if all is well, you get "MS Verify: App Start". What does your VFD say?

just the wait for monitor message

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2017, 06:23:14 AM »
the J2 and J3 plugs to the motherboard were reversed - I checked the wiring from the monitor and round that error - don't know if that may have caused damage;  no change to the game.  Strange that IGT would have 2 plugs abutting that had the same plug design.
Still getting the waiting on the monitor -  after the nexplex loading display the bv cycles so it sounds like it almost ready to game up.  Also the tower lights - both are lit if that means anything.
With this game there was a spare cpu and motherboard - he may have changed them out trying to fix whatever issue he was chasing.
Would running a CLEAR do any good?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2017, 06:45:50 AM »
Pictures of connections in the top box???
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »
the J3 which is the netplex

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2017, 07:23:09 AM »
Long shot- I had a 500 series MPU that would not work in one of my Reel Touch machines. Doing the same type of thing that your vision is doing. (Waiting on display) I installed that MPU in a standard S2K three reel machine and it worked fine. Put it back in the Reel Touch got the same waiting on display. I replaced the MPU and then the Reel Touch worked without issues.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2017, 07:26:10 AM »
all the switching and you ended up just using another cpu?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »
I originally changed out the CPU and that fixed the Reel Touch.  I was not convinced the old CPU was bad so I stuck it in a 3 reeler to check it out and it worked in that machine. Puzzled I stuck it back in the Reel Touch and again it did not work.  Put it back in the 3 reeler and it has been in there operating for about two years now.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal