New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Sound off on respin  (Read 2177 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
S+ Sound off on respin
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:34:58 AM »
I picked up a double diamond double spin that had been outside on a covered porch for a year or so. It has copy chips & the widows were not covered. I have it fully working, but oddly the respin sound is way off & not correct. It's due to one of the chips & I need help in which one to purchase. Is the sound in the game prom or the reel prom? I'm guessing game prom, but not sure? I tried the chip set in another machine & another board, so it's one of the chips
Thanks,
Dan

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S+ Sound off on respin
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 03:41:23 AM »
Unless the MPU board was out of the machine and exposed to direct sunlight, the chances of the chips being corrupted are pretty slim. Can you better describe what's wrong with the respin sound, or perhaps upload a brief example to YouTube and post the link here?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:16 AM »
Is this a symptom when game software for a 16mhz mpu is installed into a 10mhz mpu board (or vice-versa), or the copied chips have a speed rating that is too slow?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »
The board works perfect, I tried 2 other game sets on it. It's the chips. The regular slot sounds are correct, but when it respins the sounds are there just scrambled & when it lands on a win or stop sounds they are scrambled, but there? The respin noise the best I can describe is like an army tank metal drive belt rolling. It's not horrible, but certainly nowhere close to correct.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:30:36 PM »
What SP Chip is in it.? Needs a Type 20

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »
They are copies with no labels, so I don't know unless they show in the menu somewhere?

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
Push the white self test button about 6 times, it will show the 4 digit SS then flash the SP I believe, been a few years since I did

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 08:07:36 PM »
The only 4 digit numbers that come up are 6193 that shows in the winner paid & flashes to 20 back & forth & credits window shows 0810. Is that them?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:05:59 AM »
SS6193 is a correct chip for a 3-coin Double Spin Double Diamond game (Type 20), and SP810 is a valid Type 20 SP chip for a 10 MHz board.

To make sure we're not diagnosing something that isn't broken, can you look at the following video at the 3:37 mark when it does a Haywire respin, and tell us if the sound you're hearing is anything like that?

! No longer available

...and if it doesn't sound like that, do you have the ability to take a brief video and upload it to YouTube so we can hear the issue you're describing?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »
No, it does not make correct sounds for respin & also the few stop sounds respin has, off scramped electronic like. I Wil try to video, but this is new to me so not sure I'll be able. I have put this chip set in other working boards of other S+ fully working machines I have with no change. I've ruled out the board & backplane & thinking whichever chip has those sounds in it needs replaced, but not sure

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »
If you are fairly certain it is one of the chips that is causing the problem them why not just order both chips and be done with it? That way you would be sure to have chips that are the correct speed rating and good working chips. You now know the SS and SP numbers of your game so getting the pair should be easy.

Here's the info page on your game from the NLG S+ Bible. As you can see the SS6193 is a 95% player win chip. Also, if you wanted to you could install a different SS chip listed on this page if you wanted to change the player win percentage or the hit frequency to change the game enjoyment.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Spin%20Double%20Diamond%20(3%20Coin%20M.htm

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
Yeah that's what I'll do buy both. Thanks all for your help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal