New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 742A  (Read 4828 times)

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 742A
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »
Need some help with a new project I started, 742A. The machine lights up but will not take a coin, coin switch does nothing, if I Spin the reels and stop it on a payline it pays as it should. I have noticed several things that I need help on, first is the switch at the back of the dash pot ( 1st photo) it appears that something is missing here as the switch does not do anything because it is never contacted with anything.

The Second is a broken blue wire with a red trace that is behind the beau plug for the hopper (2nd photo) I have traced the wire and it goes to the coin switch (3rd photo) I do not know where it needs to be reattached to ??

Thanks for any help

Dave

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally 742A
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 02:24:41 PM »
Email me at klar.slotrepair@gmail.com with your pictures and I will forward you to our EM tech.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
Coincard - please post your results/solutions here so we can see what the problem was.  :applause:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »
No problem, but I have not heard back from anyone yet, will report details once I find out how to fix it, thanks

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »
By looking at you picture I would think that loose wire came from on of the white crimp connections that I can see behind the hoppers beau plug. It doesn't look long enough to reach the hoppers beau plug.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »
Its long enough to reach the beau plug but I do not see any missing wires from the beau plug, it traces over to the coin switch which is not registering any coins, I also noticed that the coin diverter is not working either. Will not takes coins or add credit by using the switch, if you manually pull the handle the reels spin and it will pay out correct amount...

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 06:00:53 PM »
I separated the wire bundles behind the beau plug and the wire is not long enough to reach the beau plug ( good call ) it would have had to come from either the bottom of one of the fuse holders or one of the 4 wire groups with the white caps on them to the left near the transformer, also the blue wire with the red trace can be seen coming from the transformer its self which means it should be carrying a load right ?

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »
sorry I forgot to add the photos to the last post, any ideas about the dash pot switch ?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »
I forgot the dash pot switch.. The L shaped stop bracket just in front of the air cylinder is tipped forward.. I should be up against the air cylinder. This will allow the the dash pot switch to be closed, by allowing the handle to come farther back. There is one Phillips screw holding that L bracket in place.. With the dash pot switch open, your machine will not accept coins, and the diverter coil below the coin switch will not be energized with the dash pot switch open also.. Adjust that stop bracket and see what happens..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 07:00:42 PM »
Gary,

Thank you very much, that resolves the dash pot switch, I missed that one, I have not put the hopper back in yet because of the broken wire, I think that wire goes to the bottom of the 6 volt fuse holder, there is no wire there and my other machines all have a wire on the bottom of all the fuse holders. The coin switch makes a clicking sound now when pushed but does not unlock the handle, also coin light is not lite...

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 07:05:32 PM »
If the is signs of a broken wire on that fuse holder your  probably right.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
This will help confirm the blue red wire.
Try cleaning the coin relay switch contacts left side bottom of the reel mechanism.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
The 6 volt fuse holder has a solid blue wire to the upper post but nothing on the bottom post, your picture shows the same blue wire on the first fuse holder on the left and a blue with red trace on the bottom, from what you picture shows I am pretty sure my blue wire should be on the bottom of the fuse holder... I have cleaned the contacts on the coin in switch but I have not put the beauplug back in until I figure the right spot for the broken wire...

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
From David's picture your broken wire does go the the fuse holder. I would cut and strip a new section on your Blue/red wire and solder it to the fuse holder. The fuse don't have the same color wire attached to both side of the fuse holders. The solid blue is the 6V, the orange is 50v, and your 3rd fuse is high voltage 110v. Solder your wire and attach the 4 screws holding your beau plug bracket and ground wire. Insert the hopper and see what it does.. You may be pleasantly surprised.
And remember...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Thanks David for you photo, that is where the blue wire with red trace belongs, bottom of the 6 volt fuse holder, after reattaching and putting the beau plug back in the machine fired up, insert coin light was on, coin accepted light comes on after coin and handle pulls, pays out when it should but still has some minor issues.

If the handle is not pulled all the way down as far as it will go it misfires and the reel will not spin, almost like it is tripping either to late or to early or the dashpot switch is engaging to late? . on a payout it sometimes will not have enough force to get the last coin out, but after several more pulls the coin will just fall out on its own, the last thing is that the bell does not ring even on a jackpot win...

Thanks again David & Gary for you help on getting this as far along as it is...

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »
Good to see you're making progress on the machine.

Reels seem to be tripping before the index arms clear the reel slots.
Might need to adjust the L bracket (Trip Lever Stop Bracket) very bottom right side of reel mechanism.
This is a very slight adjustment either way so its good to take note before adjusting.
Most of the time the bracket is even with the back of the reel case assembly.
Also take a look at the (Trip Pawl), could be very oily and slipping/tripping before it should.
Check the associated spring to see if its in the proper position.
Both pointed out with red arrows.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »
The other this I always do is remove the air cylinder and remove the old cup seal. Clean and lightly grease the piston and reassemble. Then oil all your cross shafts and pivot point on the reels linkages. The latch paws are usually dry and stuck to the small cross shaft. That cross shaft should spin with your fingers, and the latch paws shouldn't move. Be careful not to damage your male beau plugs when oiling your reels linkages. I usually tip the reel assembly so the beau plug face up.
And remember...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »
David, thank you, where can I find a full copy of the exploded view of the reel mech you just posted ? would be very handy to use to learn all the names of the parts and pieces. If I move the L bracket forward does that delay or increase the tripping of the reels ?

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 03:37:15 PM »
I believe if you go to my friend Jon's Facebook page that he has copies of Bally manual there.

https://m.facebook.com/Ballysemparts/
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 03:58:05 PM »
Bally EM manual.pdf - antique slot machinesTry this site for a PDF download.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal