New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mastercom 250 Programming  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Mastercom 250 Programming
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »
I was wonder what is needed to change the scrolling message on a Mastercom 250? I have two of these, and the message that scrolls is very generic.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Mastercom 250 Programming
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:43 PM »
Ebay seller JJslots can do them for you.  Just send him the chips, or entire unit and he can program.  Did some for me, turned out great.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:08:17 PM »
I was wonder what is needed to change the scrolling message on a Mastercom 250? I have two of these, and the message that scrolls is very generic.

If you have a programmer you can pull the eprom, look for the message that it currently displays, change it to what you want, write this back to the eprom and you should be good to go.

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
FYI you may not see the current message if you read eeprom, they like to encrypt it.
There are a few on here that can reprogram them, I normally can as well but being a Over road trucker,
make it hard for me to do these days

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »
What program do you need to write the message? Is it anything special?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »
What ever your programmer uses.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
What ever your programmer uses.

I know I would use my programmer. My question is since I'm not loading a game file, but a message. I can't just type a message. Don't you need a separate program to use to write the massage in.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »
just an idea,,,,,

To make the changes you use the same software that came with your eprom programmer to burn an eprom. It should have the ability to show you the eprom data and let you change it.

A lot of eprom programmers come with a software program that you install onto your computer to operate the eprom programmer. When you put the Mastercom eprom into the programmer and "Read" it the contents of the eprom are loaded into what they call a "Buffer", which is just some memory on your computer that the eprom data loads into. Then you can save that data to a computer .bin file so you can make a duplicate at a later time. But while the data is in the buffer most eprom programmer software will let you look thru the buffer to see the data, hopefully to see messages written in english. If you find the message in the data you can then edit it to say something else, within the space limits of how many characters they allow in the eprom. So you can change it to some other message that is the same length or a shorter length. The eprom data will be displayed in hex on one side of the screen and translated on the right side to ascii characters.

Anyway, that's the way I've seen it done. You may have to learn how your eprom programmer software works to see how it does edits. Once you edit the data in the buffer you can then "burn" it into a blank eprom of the same part number as the original eprom and see if it works. Be careful to not change anything except the message, you can easily get a corrupted file. As long as you save the original eprom and don't erase it you can always go back to where you started. If you don't have another blank eprom you could save the original eprom data to a computer file, then erase the original eprom and load your edited data to the erased eprom and try it. If you can't get it to work you should be able to load the original eprom data into the programmer and burn it back into the eprom, and get back to where you started.

On the GQ-4X you can use the computer keyboard arrows to move around in the buffer display and change the data and make your edits. You will need to get familiar with what hex numbers represent alphabet characters but that is easy. As you enter the new hex numbers you will see the ascii characters over on the right display change to what you are entering. Here is a screenshot of how it looks with the GQ-4X eprom programmer software. To get you started, enter a hex "20" for a blank space, hex "41" for "A", hex "42" for "B", etc. You can google a chart that shows hex-to-ascii conversion. The numeric digits 0-9 can also be entered, every character on your keyboard has an ascii code number.

NOTE: if the scrolling message is encrypted inside the eprom then you won't be able to find it this way because it won't show up as readable english in the buffer ascii display. Also, when you change the contents of an eprom then its checksum will change. If the Mastercom unit checks the checksum of the eprom on its powerup test it may halt and give a fail. Sometimes the checksum is stored in the first or the last couple of bytes of the eprom, you can change them to the new checksum and that may let it pass the power-up test (if there is one). A lot of equipment does not do this kind of integrity test, I don't know if the Mastercom does.

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:50:12 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:36 AM »
90% of the mastercom chips are encrypted and you will not be able to see or change the message.  I use an earlier version that is not encrypted but you are subject to a specific number of total characters and you can not deviate from that. It's kinda a pain in the ass to do.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 09:52:35 AM »
Depending on the cost and how much you want to do this, the suggestion mvco gave about sending the eprom to jjslots to have him program your message may be a good option. You could have one eprom done, then duplicate it for any other Mastercom units you have.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »
As long as the message you want is the same. Copying the chip after you have one made will work.
For my machines I like to customize them based on the theme of each machine. PM me if interested.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline sirius7

• Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »
I would be willing to do this for you for $5 per chip plus shipping.  PM me if interested.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »
Any of you programmers know how customize the LEDs on the card reader?  Mine are all orange when idle.  When you stick a card in, they’ll flash red for a few seconds and then go back to orange.  If somebody knew how to get them to go green with a card inserted, THAT would be cool.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
I would be willing to do this for you for $5 per chip plus shipping.  PM me if interested.

That's a good deal. I got a message from jjslots, if you send them the eprom they charge $10 to reprogram it, plus return shipping cost, which isn't a bad price either.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal