New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S-Plus 61 stuck  (Read 5544 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S-Plus 61 stuck
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »
Right now it could be as simple as the coin rake solenoid not energizing. Find the tiny white button about 2 inches below your comparator and push it. Each push should register a credit, then with the door open you can push the spin reels button and it should play. There is also a small screw on the comparator that you can turn to the left to make it less sensitive to coins. 
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline nash1935

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nash1935 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »
OK....update.  As mentioned I printed out the 0731 test/setup doc.  Went through the best I could.  There was no denomination in the window so I used the set chip and set it to 25.  Swapped back in the 0731 prom and went through the test/setup and it now has 25 for test 6. 
It was mentioned about the white button.  I see no button so I am posting a pic of the inside showing the comparitor area.  I also posting a pic of outside showing its ready to play.  Coins go straight through to the tray still.
Looking at test 1 the winner paid window shows 10.1 and test 2 shows 10..
Should it change as I drop a coin in?  Not sure what the display is telling me.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:40:32 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »
Never seen one without a test button. Try this, pull the coin comp. out. Look inside the frame and you will see a solenoid for the coin rake. Block it in the open position and replace the coin comp. All coins should now go into the hopper. Hopefully they will register credits. Maybe as simple as the solenoid is not plugged in. Doubt it though.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Canaslot

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Canaslot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 06:34:54 PM »
I can see your test button hiding underneath the black wiring loom.  The bottom left corner of the small board underneath the coin comp. has "S1" printed on the board.  Just to the right is your small test switch.  At least that is where mine is.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 06:49:44 PM »
If the Insert Coin light is on, it likely is ready to accept a coin. I'd try two simple things first before looking into settings:

1: Re-seat the sample coin. Remove it and then put it back properly into the comparator. Ensure that the coins you're attempting to insert are the same as the sample coin.

2: Adjust the sensitivity of the comparator to make it less likely to reject coins. Directions here: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10759.msg93615#msg93615

Edit: I didn't see that this thread had another page -- I now see that Elvis already mentioned adjusting the sensitivity.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 08:02:52 PM »
I can't see the switch on your coin optics board but that may just be the fuzziness of the photo. The pushbutton is also called the "pseudo" credit button since it is used to put artificial credits on the machine for testing purposes, when the door is closed these test credits will be eliminated.

Also, it may not help the problem in this case but the coin comparator sensitivity adjustment is shown below. People usually set it all the way or nearly all the way to its max counter-clockwise position. You can turn it with a small screwdriver or similar tool.

Another thing: others here can say for sure, but does the credit limit or other similar limit get set to zero after doing a CLEAR? Could that prevent the machine from accepting a coin? I know it can keep a bill acceptor from accepting a bill if doing so would put the machine over the credit limit setting.

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:07:46 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline nash1935

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »
Good Morning all
You guys are the best.  I now have a working DD.  I'm almost glad the battery died and I had these problems because with all the help I have received I feel I know 100%more than I did before.
I can not say for sure what fixed it but I did not have to try and adjust the sensitivity of the comparitor (so far but now I know its there).  I snapped out the comparitor and first I just manually moved the rake arm and blew out the comparitor good.  Put it back together and it works......Yea.
This forum is a lifesaver for me. :thank_you: :thank_you: .  The Grand kids will give it a real workout soon.
Merry Christmas to all and thanks again.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 10:54:33 AM »
To summarize, your machine was stuck in the 61-1  loop problem and doing a ram CLEAR took care of that. Then you had the second problem with the coin compariator rejecting all coins, which went away after removing and then reinstalling the coin comparitor.

Perhaps it was just a flaky connection on your coin comparitor cable and when you removed it for cleaning and reconnected it things started working. Or the coin rake was stuck and manually moving it freed it up. Glad that all is ok now, if it happens again you will know where to check first.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:21:49 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline nash1935

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 04:53:51 PM »
Pretty much so.  Actually after the first time getting to 61.1 it never went back to it.  Just stayed on 61.
Thanks to all the help I definitely not only know where to start looking but actually feel pretty confident with my ability to go through the 0731 test procedures.
You all are great..... :thank_you: :thank_you:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »
FWIW, I just had an issue with a Bally S6000 that was rejecting pretty much every coin.  I also took the comparitor out of the machine, blew air into where the sample coin goes since it appeared dusty, adjusted the sensitivity as described earlier, and it started accepting coins 100% of the time.

Glad to hear you got your machine working again.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal