New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 5500 Deuces Wild - New To Me, Non-Working, Asking For Help Troubleshooting  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bobby Shazaam Hides in shadows.
  • Just Happy to Be Here
In the meanwhile you could use the attached work around.
The machine side hopper plug has pin numbers stamped on the back of it.

Moved jumper and optic connection, no change. Hopper board was in package I sent you and you said it tested good, are we looking at optic itself then?

Removed the hopper and jumped connections as described. Cleared the 31 code, display shows 0, and appears to function correctly using pseudo coin button to add credits. However, there was no 58 or 81 available in my menu, and it will not take coins.

Oh, and it appears my spin button doesn't work. I'll try taking it apart and cleaning it.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Bob
Building an empire, one piece at a time....

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Yes, I remember now, I tested the hopper board in my hopper with my optics and it paid fine.
Must be your optics.
PM me for a optic replacement, I'll send you the one out of my hopper.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• Just Happy to Be Here
So new hopper optic arrived today (thanks Alan). Installed and still getting code 31, even after reset and clear. Also changed settings back after hopper bypass. If I connect optic to connection closest to bottom edge (facing hopper board with it flipped down, as in previous pic, edge that has buttons), it gives me green flashing light and buttons do nothing. Connceting to the other hopper connection on the board I get no green light, and buttons operate (still no change on reset/clear).

When I can operate hopper, reverse works fine, activating the agitator works fine, but forward is a little screwy. Initially it would mostly operate for just 2 seconds, regardless of how long button was held down, and occasionally run maybe 30sec. I removed hopper and pulled all connections apart and cleaned them again, including the ground. Put back together and initially got no change, now fwd button does not appear to stick, but won't shut off. Trying a hopper test in diagnostics gets momentary activation of hopper and then 31 code.

I'm confused now. Any advice? Should I start another thread for just the 31 code?

Thanks,

Bob

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
Your board has software for dual optics but the hopper will work just as well with one optic.
Try moving JP1 to the opposite two pins and only plugging in one optic, the good one I sent you, into one of the two optic headers on the hopper board.
Clear the game then see if you still get a 31 code, if you do move the optic to the other header and clear the game again.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Is it possible, if the condition happens with the optics plugged in on either hopper board plug after the clear is preformed that there could be something down inside the hopper causing this forward problem? I cleaned out one of these large Bally hoppers and found all kinds of junk, paper, dirt down under the coin wheel. Remove the hopper bowl and then the screw holding the coin wheel in place. Give the hopper a good cleaning.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• Just Happy to Be Here
Well, making progress. When I was installing yesterday I forgot to switch jumper, thanks Alan. 31 cleared. Now isn't showing error code, but won't take coins. I have a yellow light from coin op board, but no red light from coin comparator.

Edit: When door switch is pushed, red light on comparitor comes on. Input test shows 9 with coin count 1 (regardless of number of coins inserted). Considering the bill acceptor has been stripped, is there a setting in the setup screens or on dip switches that needs to be confirmed to ensure machine is set to coins?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:36:35 PM by Bobby Shazaam »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
"not taking coins"? Are they falling into the hopper or into the coin tray or jamming above the comparator?
If the latter make sure you have a compare coin in the comparator.

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• Just Happy to Be Here
"not taking coins"? Are they falling into the hopper or into the coin tray or jamming above the comparator?
If the latter make sure you have a compare coin in the comparator.

Sorry should have been more specific. Coins pass straight through into tray without registering. Except when I ran input test in diagnostics, ran through into tray but registered, but only first coin. There is a coin in the comparitor.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
You might want to turn the sensitivity down all the way counterclockwise on your coin comparitor. This will make the coin comparitor less sensitive to the coins being used. I do this with mine. 
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• Just Happy to Be Here
Well, we're in business! Took things apart to clean with no change then started troubleshooting some more. Problem was a plastic piece at the bottom of the comparitor (rake?) that was diverting all coins into tray. I still need to fix the spin button and I think one of my reels has the tape on wrong, but it plays. Many thanks to all who helped. When I have a minute I plan on making a site contribution.

Thanks,

Bob

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Well, we're in business! Took things apart to clean with no change then started troubleshooting some more. Problem was a plastic piece at the bottom of the comparitor (rake?) that was diverting all coins into tray. I still need to fix the spin button and I think one of my reels has the tape on wrong, but it plays. Many thanks to all who helped. When I have a minute I plan on making a site contribution.

Thanks,
Bob

A BIG Thank You for donating to NLG!   :cool_thumb_up:

Do you mean a plastic piece had broken off and was jamming things, or that someone placed the plastic piece there to force the coins to the tray? The rake is that movable metal piece at the back of the comparitor. There is a solenoid coil that moves the rake out of the way when a coin is accepted, otherwise the rake stays in position to send the coin back to coin tray on front of machine.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• Just Happy to Be Here

Thanks,
Bob

A BIG Thank You for donating to NLG!   :cool_thumb_up:

Do you mean a plastic piece had broken off and was jamming things, or that someone placed the plastic piece there to force the coins to the tray? The rake is that movable metal piece at the back of the comparitor. There is a solenoid coil that moves the rake out of the way when a coin is accepted, otherwise the rake stays in position to send the coin back to coin tray on front of machine.

I'm not able to resize the pic I took right now, but I took it back apart to investigate further and the piece came out. It was very similar to a hopper knife but about 1 3/8 long with a threaded hole.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
Was it black in color?  Does the coin comparitor work ok now?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Bobby Shazaam

• Just Happy to Be Here
Was it black in color?  Does the coin comparitor work ok now?

Yes and yes.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Then maybe that part was the black "rocker arm" part that mounts at the top of the coin comparitor. It pivots on a screw or post when a coin drops in from the coin head. The purpose of that part is to slow things down if a player tries to insert several coins really fast. One end of the pivot arm has a round chrome knob that acts as a weight (sometimes this is removed). The next coin can't get past it too quickly, so the previous coin has a chance to get processed by the comparitor. Since it is a security thing then it probably isn't needed for home use. (this is just a guess since there isn't a photo of the part you removed that was causing the problem).

PS> if you make the donation you mentioned and your "cherry clusters" avator (icon under your username over on the left side of screen) does not get changed let us know so we can get one of the staff folks to get that done. This will give you unlimited private messages here on NLG, as well as free access to the download area.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal