New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No diagrams for Bally 1096  (Read 11824 times)

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: No diagrams for Bally 1096
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
Thats a good point, that chime would have been getting a work out, which explains why it looks like BBQ, can we see some photos of inside the machine and upper cabinet....

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
Thats a good point, that chime would have been getting a work out, which explains why it looks like BBQ, can we see some photos of inside the machine and upper cabinet....
Do you see a Bell inside your game or only the chime you removed?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline lltvdoug

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • lltvdoug New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »
Upper cabinet 1. It has both gong & bell

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 09:41:51 AM »
Upper cabinet 2. How do I check the hopper brake?

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:49 AM »
Upper cabinet 3. Just a quick review:
1) Works ok until its supposed to pay out.
2) Locks up with constant buzzing (gong coil)
 Thanks, Doug

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »
Upper cabinet rh side.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »
You can disconnect the bell and the gong, that may stop the excessive noise while you troubleshoot further. I believe the machine should work fine without a bell or gong. If it still locks up then look for other causes. There may be a stuck switch related to the payout function. Have you inspected the hopper to see how the coin counter is working?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 11:02:42 AM »
The hopper brake is located on the hopper motor. There is a flat piece of steel that is pulled against the hopper motor armature. When the hopper motor is energized it is pulled up due to the magnetic field. This then allows the hopper to spin and feed out coils. When it shuts off the lever is released applying the brake. So remove your hopper and find the motor and locate the brake. Push the level against the motor and try to spin the hopper coin wheel. Your hopper could be frozen. The motor is attached to a gearbox. That gear box has grease inside that can harden. Some hopper gearboxes have a small square oil hole on the bottom side. Inside there is a felt pad that holds oil. The same oiling holes are on the end of the motors armature bracket for oiling. I have put oil in the gearbox then warmed it up with a heat gun to liquefy the old hard grease.
You could have something in the hopper causing it to be jammed. Take the hopper bowl off it and clean and inspect the hopper.
Sorry for getting long winded... :soapbox_3:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 03:32:40 PM »
Check to see if there are coins jammed up under the pivot arm area at the top of the hopper.
Also small debris or hardware may be stuck in the bottom of the hopper.
Best bet, remove the hopper and manually rotate the coin pick up as a way to eliminate a possible jam. 

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 05:02:35 PM »
Took off hopper bowl...motor and hopper turn freely when I release brake and turn by hand. I unhooked the chime and bell....made no difference but its quieter to work on. As for the coin counter, if the coin goes to the cash box rather than the hopper, it advances.
At this point I seem to be back at square one. I have cleaned and meter checked the switches, relays & contacts on the hopper, reel mech, payout counter & step-up assembly.
The insert coin & coin accepted lights are always on. All coins drop straight to the hopper, none to the cash box. When you try the lever, it moves a half inch and energizes a coil in the coin mechanism ( the one in the door. the front face can be removed to see the coil) see pic

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
I'm thinking your problem is with the payout unit in your game. That is either located in the lower right rear corner back behind the hopper. I don't think it's in the top box but I could be wrong. I'm going to have to go back and look at your pictures.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 07:17:44 PM »
Is the 3rd coin light staying on? Does it reset to first coin and so on when you insert coins?
If it doesn’t function / cycle properly, the odds unit reset relay and or reset coil/plunger may be at fault.
Both the reset relay and reset coil can be manipulated manually.
Start with the odds reset coil/plunger, if the machine doesn’t advance with each coin deposited.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
Thanks guys! Can't get back to it tonight. I'll report back tomorrow. Where is the odds unit located?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »
Odds unit looks real clean and in working order.
But try the reset if the machine doesn’t advance when coins are deposited.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2018, 10:40:45 PM »
Have you tested that coil to the right of the coin mech ? the green one with all the orange wires looks like it may be cooked a bit....

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 06:18:56 PM »

Is the 3rd coin light staying on? Does it reset to first coin and so on when you insert coins?
If it doesn’t function / cycle properly, the odds unit reset relay and or reset coil/plunger may be at fault.
Both the reset relay and reset coil can be manipulated manually.
Start with the odds reset coil/plunger, if the machine doesn’t advance with each coin deposited.

I think your on to something here Dave. The odds unit is not working.
3rd coin light was staying on. I manually reset the coil plunger & it went back to 1st coin light on. Inserting more coins only actuates a switch that advances the counter in the reel mech. By manually pushing the step up plunger once, coin light 2 comes on. Pushing it a second time coin light 3 comes on. That's where in stays, regardless of more coin drops until its manually reset again.
Thanks, Doug

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »

Have you tested that coil to the right of the coin mech ? the green one with all the orange wires looks like it may be cooked a bit....

Thanks coincard, for pointing that out. Its the coin return. Supposed to widen the path to allow stuck coins to return. It moves a magnet (I think its a magnet) that is supposed to de-energize it. the linkage inside was bent. I adjusted it and it works now. It worked that coil pretty hard. Glad you caught it. Btw its also activated by the lever.
Thanks, Doug

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 06:57:12 PM »
I'm thinking your problem is with the payout unit in your game. That is either located in the lower right rear corner back behind the hopper. I don't think it's in the top box but I could be wrong. I'm going to have to go back and look at your pictures.

You're right, its behind the hopper. I took it out & cleaned, checked switches with meter. That doesn't mean its not the problem as i could stil be missing something. I'm begining to think it has multiple problems.
Thanks Amechanic for your help.
Doug

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 07:08:57 PM »
Doug,

Glad you are getting somewhere, where are you at now as far as play-ability of the machine ?

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
Over to the right in the upper unit the’re 3 relay switches mounted a plywood.
One of those may be labeled odds reset relay.
It can be manually manipulated to reset the odds unit.
This may help narrow down the problem.
Try it first to see what happens, if nothing happens then clean the contacts.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal