New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: VLC batteries  (Read 14404 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: VLC batteries
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »
I think what Erbs is saying is that those machines are no longer repairable once the battery's go dead. There is no way to find the boot chips for the 8724 models. If you had the 88 series, some of those can be repaired.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sandhopper2

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sandhopper2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 11:53:34 AM »
Lets try these pics , this is a 8724 machine

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:26 PM »
That black module near the edge of the board is a battery. Technically it is an electronic battery, often called a "Smart Battery". At one time a company called Dallas Semiconductor made these and they were used a lot in electronics. I think there may be replacements available nowadays. You would have to remove those piggy-back boards to see if there are other batteries.

(click to enlarge)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:29:43 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sandhopper2

• sandhopper2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
how do I check this battery ?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 12:12:45 PM »
Without a schematic drawing for the board this will be a guess. The battery is usually used to keep critical data intact that is stored inside a ram chip, often called a "cmos ram" chip. If you find that cmos ram chip on the circuit board you can put a meter on its power pin and ground pin to measure the battery voltage, while power to the machine is turned off. A closeup photo of the board so we can read the writing on the back of the chips might help to determine which chip is the cmos ram. A faster way would be if there is someone here familiar with that board that can point it out.

Or you could turn the board over and measure the battery voltage out of the Smart Battery by putting the meter leads on the correct solder pads where the Smart Battery is soldered to the board.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »
Cant help on this one. Totally different than the 8825. The coin batteries if used on your series may be under the piggy back board. Even if you changed the batteries you would need the clear chip.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »
Here is a pic of the 8825 board.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
erbs- That piggy-back board with the 3 coin batteries, does it have the cmos ram chip on the other side?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
There are 3 chips that plug into the underside of the board that has the 3 batteries. Cant tell you what they are without pulling the board. If I do that I would need the clear chips. I tried to send pic but said too large.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
ok, thanks, I was just curious, don't do anything to risk the board not working. You can send photo to me at my normal email address, click over to the left to see it, where it says "mail this user".

Have you had your VLC machine long and does it work ok?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
For some reason I cant shrink down the photo. Will send to your email. I have had the 8825 for probably 15 years. Great machine. Had to send in board 2 times so far at a cost of around $150 each time. Guess that's not to bad for all those years.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 12:47:42 PM »
For some reason I cant shrink down the photo. Will send to your email. I have had the 8825 for probably 15 years. Great machine. Had to send in board 2 times so far at a cost of around $150 each time. Guess that's not to bad for all those years.

Ok, I'll watch for your photo and I'll post it if I'm able, I think it could be helpful, there's not a lot of info on these VLC machines. You're right about the repair cost, factoring the enjoyment of the machine for several years. Does the place that repaired the board help with other VLC stuff, like game software, CLEAR chips, replacement parts, etc?  I saw that VLC is still around, sort of, they are part of another company now, do you know if they respond for help and support on their older machines?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »
Here are erbs photos from the mpu board in his VLC 8825 machine. The piggy-back board has 3 coin style batteries and the other side of the piggy-back board has some chips in sockets that are possibly the cmos ram chips.
Thanks erbs!

It looks like there is maybe another battery just to the right of the piggy-back board that is mounted on the main board, a white cylinder marked "Sanyo".

(click to enlarge)

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »
Thanks Rokgpsman for posting the pics. Yes the Sanyo is a lithium battery that never had been changed?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
Thanks Rokgpsman for posting the pics. Yes the Sanyo is a lithium battery that never had been changed?

Without the manual or the schematic drawing for the mpu board we can only guess why they have the different sets of batteries. The coin batteries may be for the cmos ram that is for keeping the financial bookkeeping data required by regulators and the sanyo battery might be for other settings like game preferences, comm settings, etc.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
With this being a 8724 VLC, I my self would not put any money into the machine. There are not clear chips out there for this model. If you had the 8825, then that would be a different story, since those can be brought  back to life. You would need to send in your board to have it worked on. There are very few clear chips available for the 8825 VLC machine. If you do ever find a clear chip for a VLC, never try to read to chips files to attempt making a copy, because if you do, the original will be destroyed and no longer work. VLC has a self destruction feature built into there software for there protection if there software.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 06:15:42 PM »

erbs sent me another photo that shows the other side of that piggy-back board that has the 3 coin-style batteries (from his VLC 8825 machine). That's where the cmos ram chips are on this mpu board, there are 3 of them, hence the 3 batteries, one battery for each cmos chip. The cmos ram chips are KM681000, which are 128k in size.

(click to enlarge)

Offline mrgene

• mrgene New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 04:13:52 AM »
world wide still resets vlc boards you can replacement battery in mansfeild texas very expensive world splits battery

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
world wide still resets vlc boards you can replacement battery in mansfeild texas very expensive world splits battery

Do you have a way to contact them, phone number or email? Is there a certain person contact or department?
And remember...

Offline mrgene

• mrgene New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »
i talk brad hes a tech im going send my boards they have and let u know they have the only reset chips  i let him know the can be got he augued but give the pnone number they 30 a peice when u buy a hundred good luck
im just now learning the rgb to vga converters to replace monitors

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal