New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Odyssey Hopper Fault  (Read 6046 times)

Offline parksplace5454

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • parksplace5454 New User barely matters.parksplace5454 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Odyssey Hopper Fault
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »
I have an Odyssey which used to have a ticket printer but not longer does.  This causes the MMS Configuration screen be limited to configuring a Hopper which the machine does not have either.  The result is a constant Hopper fault.  Does anyone know of a way to "trick" the machine into sensing a printer so MMS configuration will not be forced into the Hopper mode.  If the MMS configures the Odyssey as having a printer, I think it will subsequently function without one.
Thanks....  :thank_you:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:21:20 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • cp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Odyssey Hopper Fault
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
I can't remember if configured with a hopper... if machine "looks"  for one plugged in.  I  suggest possibly  setting the hopper limit to "0"   may fool it... maybe not.  Pretty sure they're Odyssey hoppers out there that can be purchased. (I don't have any) 

Possibly the same  configuration for "printer"  setting limits to "0"  may work... 

or not.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »
Not to push you away from this site, but Robert winters site would have your answer...most likely. He is really the guru of these crazy beasts. God love them, and I know I do, but they are still somewhat of a mystery due to the scarcity.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline parksplace5454

• Sr NLG Member
  • parksplace5454 New User barely matters.parksplace5454 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:40:53 AM »
Thanks for the comebacks... will give the "0" setting a shot.  Have spent a lot of time on Robert's site... can't find anything to do with this particular issue there.  Trying to locate an Ithaca PcOS Series 70 ticket printer so I can evaluate the signal interface in an attempt to make the machine "see" a ticket printer during configuration.

Offline parksplace5454

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
I finally solved the issue of preventing a hopper fault when there is no hopper in the Odyssey.  Hooked up my new logic analyzer and figured this out.  On P12 (the plug to the hopper) you have to hold the Hopper_Sense signal (pin 3) low by jumpering it to GND (pin 2).  I fabricated a dummy plug to do just that and voila, everything works great.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:52:43 PM »
 :agreepost: :agreepost: :agreepost:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline parksplace5454

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 09:03:17 AM »
This is a follow up to use of the above hopper dummy plug.  There are some configuration conditions which go along with this approach.  If a jackpot exceeds the hopper limit, the Odyssey will pay coins out of the hopper (which in this case is not present) up to the hopper limit and then trigger a hand-pay.  If this happens, the only way I have found to get past the resulting hang up and back to standard play is to perform a Safe Clear and configure the Odyssey all over again.  To avoid this I set the Hopper Limit to it's maximum of 60,000 coins.  I also set the Credit Limit and Cash-Out Hopper Limit to 60,000 coins.  Along with these configuration settings, I disable the Cash/Credit buttton by removing the connector from it's micro switch.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:19:15 AM by parksplace5454 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »

This is a follow up to use of the above hopper dummy plug.  There are some configuration conditions which go along with this approach.  If a jackpot exceeds the hopper limit, the Odyssey will pay coins out of the hopper (which is not present) up to the hopper limit and then trigger a hand-pay.  If this happens, the only way I have found to get past this and back to standard play is to perform a Safe Clear on the machine and configure it all over again.  To avoid this situation, I set the Hopper Limit to it's maximum which is 60,000 coins.  I also set the Credit Limit and Cash-Out Hopper Limit to 60,000.  Along with this, I disable the Cash/Credit button (remove the micro switch connector).

[Adjusted size of text in reply #6 above]
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline parksplace5454

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Thanks rokgpsman.... so that's why I couldn't see the post.  Thought I had messed things up by pasting in from Word so I retyped the whole thing over again.  Learn something new every day.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »
Thanks rokgpsman.... so that's why I couldn't see the post.  Thought I had messed things up by pasting in from Word so I retyped the whole thing over again.  Learn something new every day.

somehow it got the font size set to 1 which is the smallest. I couldn't edit it since it wasn't my post but I could quote & reply to it, then reset the font size that way.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal