New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Rants, Some sellers here.........  (Read 4635 times)

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Rants, Some sellers here.........
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »
In Rants section now, Gloves Off open fists,  Some sellers are just stupid. No pricing, Just a run a round. They should condone that Bull shit to their web-sites and not here,  This is not their website.  Many of the major and smaller ones enguage in these tactics.  Who cares,  Price your stuff,  Many websites for major ones says "call"  just like a auto dealership etc.  This forum here is for the "NORMAL" folks that appreciate good deals,help,friends -etc.-I know.  What is being stated is just that-state prices.  Who knows after a pm there could be negotiating beyond that,  That is the old fasioned and american way of doing business. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Rants, Some sellers here.........
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
For maybe once in my life,  :I_agree_1:,with you Barry! This site is generous enough to offer a Classifieds section, so NAME YOUR PRICE. Missing out out so many potential buyers by not naming the price upfront! If you're selling it, you know the price your looking for...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
So why is it acceptable to write up an ad with "PM me with an offer" and no price is anywhere to be found in the posting?

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 12:06:52 AM »
Because there's no required structure to how the ads have to be placed. The poster can say whatever they want as far as placing the ad and there are no rules against it. Some won't like it, some will, but it doesn't matter, they can write it however they want within NLG guidlines
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:13:21 PM by cowboygames »

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »
Well, I don't think posting a price is that imperative, but it may speed up responses if it  is a good deal. I would be pissed if I did post a price and then got contacted to find out what I would really take for it, why post the price at all if members are going to try and talk me down? I think many members forget that because we have such a large amount of non-vendor members who buy, sell and trade between each other at reduced prices then members expect The same from vendors that invest a large sum of money to purchase lots and have overhead to meet.

Dan (tacman)

Offline slotdeals

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • www.ohioriverslots.com
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »
Its different when its a run of the mill machine that most vendors have in their inventory compared to something rare... or not as common. Just my opinion

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 11:39:04 AM »
I think many members forget that because we have such a large amount of non-vendor members who buy, sell and trade between each other at reduced prices then members expect The same from vendors that invest a large sum of money to purchase lots and have overhead to meet.

Dan (tacman)

This is true but a supposed vender has virtually no overhead and is just selling machines they don't even have in their possession.  They just get photos of machines from real brick and mortar dealers and try to resell them at a marked up profit saying NLG members get a discount.  The newbee customer doesn't know this and ends up paying for a machine that can be purchased elsewhere at a significantly reduced price and they also get customer support too.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »
That assumes a lot of dishonesty based on a simple ad. Unless someone has specific knowledge or proof that an ad represents the type of activity you indicate is happening how does the average group of users, of which I am a member, discern between a honest and dishonest seller without some kind of psycic insight. Price listed or no price listed, a person could do the same thing. I was buying Milkbone Tenderloin treats off Amazon for $16 a jug because that was the best price I could find and it was Amazon so the price was listed. One time I get a box and there's a Sams  Club receipt in the bottom of the box showing the seller bought them for 8 and some change and put my shipping address in. Now I buy them from Sams myself and save half the money. Sams doesn't carry them in the store so I had no idea and I had looked at several places on the internet. It's just something they sell but don't carry in the stores in my area. Is the guy who sold them to me a dick? Absolutely. Did I learn my lesson and become a smarter shopper? You bet

Offline slotdeals

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.slotdeals Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • www.ohioriverslots.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »
I have no overhead? Lol thats try that again

Whats wrong with someone trying to get the most of our their product that they sale? Am I dishonest seller because I try and get top top dollar on lets say Barcrest machines? Where some random customer could come on this site and probably find it for atleast 25% less. I dont believe so... be a better consumer its that simple. And sometimes the lowest price isnt always best

Gamekingslots has these machines in his possession so its not like he is calling someone else and saying " Hey I just sold a Dean Martin... drop ship it for me and write me in for $200" and call it a day

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 04:33:02 PM »
I will post "make an offer" on some of the items I have for sell and generally those are on rare items since there isn't a "slot blue book" to know the value. So in that case I would like to make as much as possible .. in recent times it has been for a Mummy kit .. rare to find so I am going to sell to the best offer. Even had an offer of $115 including shipping. Do you think that was going to fly? Likewise with the kit I posted here yesterday .. another rare to find kit. Not like these kits come around that often. This kit someone was offering $120 including shipping. Like that was going to happen. I offered these to NLG members first before going public.

I recently purchased a PE+ from a guy who was moving so I posted it here with the price I wanted and I made $50 gross. Doesn't include anytime invested in making sure it worked and updating firmware in it or taxes I am going to have to eventually pay. I would probably have had to sit on it for a long time to gross $200. So I made the choice to take the $50.

The slot industry business has been down for a couple of years compared to the years before. You are seeing businesses that never sold on EBay in the past now popping up trying to find other avenues of income sources. Even a couple of them recently becoming members here.

I have even offered items to members here for just the cost of shipping. I lose on deals like that. Nothing for my time to make sure it works, packing it and making a shipping label .. even if that only took 15 minutes (usually takes longer) to do that is 15 minutes I could have dedicated to making sure we have enough money coming in to pay employees.

Recently someone posted that they wanted a certain type of machine so I sent them to my website .. also told them if they wanted to purchase I could offer a discount if they wanted to take care of the machine after the sell.

Sold someone on here a machine "as is" but it didn't work when it arrived but I am working with them to make sure it will work.

I will stop here since I could go on and on.

Offline EastCoastSlots

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • EastCoastSlots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • East Coast Slots
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »
I don't actually post anything for sale on the forums.  I'm just here for tech help and to help people with hard to find parts if I have them.  I don't post any prices on my website though because our prices are constantly changing all the time.  I don't want to have something listed at a good price at the time and have a potential customer see this price right as the market is dropping and think we are too high.  I usually try to get buyers in contact so I can see how low I can go as of that day.  We get a few hundred machines a week or so in usually.
High Quality Refurbished Slot Machines
http://www.eastcoastslotsales.com
Over 5000 in stock

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »
End of the day, it comes down to "caveat emptor" for everyone.  There are people that do the right thing, and there are people that don't have a conscience and are out to burn people.  Word of mouth, trust, and the internet are what ultimately will make or break success.  There are some out here that I would never do business with based on interactions that I've read with other people, and I'm certain there are people that feel the same about me.  Some business deals are just not meant to be.  Do the research and make an informed decision.  If both the buyer and seller are happy with the transaction, that's what counts.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal