New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Plastic push-pin fasteners?  (Read 3356 times)

Offline arcadegameguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • arcadegameguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Plastic push-pin fasteners?
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »
Hi all, I needed to replace the 12" florescent bulbs in the upper part of the door in my IGT M slot.
Several of the plastic push-pin fasteners broke when I removed them (brittle with age I guess).  Does anyone know of a source for where I can get these?

Thanks in advance!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Plastic push-pin fasteners?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:10:57 AM »
Those are commonly used in the automotive industry for attaching plastic parts both interior & exterior. They are usually black rather than white. You might check with a body shop. Take one with you to verify the correct size. They are available from ebay sellers as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=auto+body+plastic&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xauto+body+plastic+clips.TRS1&_nkw=auto+body+plastic+clips&_sacat=0
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline cmk8895

• Reputation Power: 3
  • cmk8895 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 09:46:40 AM »
I know this is crazy old, but people like me come here looking for things like this, so I wanted to provide an update.  I went to a few of the current auto-parts stores and they looked at me like I was insane.  They had similar connectors, but none with little handles.  You might be able to get one with a plastic screw, but I'm one for the "correct" equipment.

Through DAYS of searching I found that currently (2021) Leviton Structured Media uses these exact clips, in black, to mount things.  I was able to get a pack of 20 off of Amazon for a shade over $5 (2021).

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 09:56:56 AM »
haha...I'm like you cmk!

I am constantly on the lookout for certain oddball parts that were really made for the slot industry but are sometimes only found on old electronics and radios.

Even certain screws and knobs....sometimes I'm using a Dremel tool to reshape something into something I need.  :rotfl:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cmk8895

• Reputation Power: 3
  • cmk8895 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 10:24:48 AM »
Sounds about right.  I am currently (very slowly) modeling the old light mask for my Model M slot since the old one is all broken.

And I'll likely have to do a mask and a circuit board to get the line lights from my other post.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal