New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Missing e proms on Bally Evo Higher or Lower Machine  (Read 2801 times)

Online Dirtguy

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
Missing e proms on Bally Evo Higher or Lower Machine
« on: August 14, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
I'm starting to try and get a Bally Higher or Lower Evo machine up and running. I've never worked on a Bally before so I'm hoping someone can help me out. I think I'm missing chips on the main board. If I am, can someone tell me what ones I need and exactly what slots they go in. Also on the back cabinet wall, above the CPU, right side, there is a big plug hanging. Is there some kind of board missing that it is supposed to plug in to.  :EmoticonHelp4:  Enclosed are pictures.

Thanks for any help!

Online Dirtguy

• Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
Re: Missing e proms on Bally Evo Higher or Lower Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:11:17 AM »
more pics

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »
YOur missing the game eprom and the two main eproms on the MPU board.  Also you should have a matching game CD in the drive located in the suitcase box on the slot.  Good luck finding the software for this.  EVO games for some reason are somewhat difficult to find.  The mains are pretty easy to find.  They are nice slots when they are up and running.  TJ

Online Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 06:04:44 AM »
I do have the disc, any idea where I can find the chip NUMBERS that I need. Is there a list available ?  Thanks for the reply :thank_you:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
I do have the disc, any idea where I can find the chip NUMBERS that I need. Is there a list available ?  Thanks for the reply :thank_you:

Have you seen and read this thread, might be helpful:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1857.0
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Online Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
I have read that thread, I really don't know what problems I will encounter with the machine till I first get all the chips on the main board. I'm hoping that this thing will fire right up (yea right) once I get them in place. Need to know the #'s of the chips I need specific to this game.

Thanks

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »
Attached is picture of chip orientation for the Bally EVO Hybrid.  The mains are located to the left and the game chip to the right,  Please note game chip is smaller than socket it it fits in and must be oriented towards the bottom of the socket leaving the top four holes open.  I have mains for this board but I do not have the game chip you need.  Let me do some checking to see if I can locate one.  I know one fellow who has quite of few of these but I am not sure he has the Higher Lower slot.  Cross your fingers on this one.  You will also need a Gamemaker Save Ram clear to set this slot.. TJ

Online Dirtguy

• NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »
Thanks for that info, never would have thought that a game chip would be smaller than the slot it goes in. Let me know if you have the chips.  :thank_you:

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
I have mains but no game chip. Let me get back to you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal