New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CC-40 Comparator  (Read 5731 times)

Offline wizeguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • wizeguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
CC-40 Comparator
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:25:55 PM »
I have a CC-40 Rev A in a 1988 "Game of Nevada" Slot machine.   How do I know if the comparator is AC or DC and what voltage it is?

Picture of Comparator is attached.

thanks Kevin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: CC-40 Comparator
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 08:08:03 PM »
Here's a thread to help you get started figuring it out:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=371.msg1039#msg1039

and here is the company that makes your coin comparitor, you could try contacting them for more info, many companies will respond to email inquiries like this:

http://www.coinmech.com/product_profile.cfm?id=11

It looks like they make different versions of the CC-40 for different machines, with voltages ranging from 12 volts DC to 48 volts AC.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:57:28 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline wizeguy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »
Hi rokgpsman,   I had already looked at the list you sent me,  I guess my question is: are all the CC-40 Comparators the same or are some of them AC and some DC?   Are some 12 volt and some 24 volt?   Thanks Kevin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
From what their website says, it looks like they make/made different versions of the CC-40 for different machines, with voltages ranging from 12 volts DC to 48 volts AC.

If you have the manual for your Games of Nevada machine it should show the wiring diagram power going to the coin comparitor. Or someone here familiar with that model machine might be able to say. There are only a few voltages available from your slot machine's power supply, so that should narrow it down.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:58:02 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
Hi rokgpsman,   I had already looked at the list you sent me,  I guess my question is: are all the CC-40 Comparators the same or are some of them AC and some DC?   Are some 12 volt and some 24 volt?   Thanks Kevin

I found an old manual for a Games of Nevada slot machine, probably not your exact model but maybe similar in some ways. It uses the CC-40 coin comparitor and the manual says the power supply provides 50 vac for the coin comparitor power. Does you machine's power supply have a 50 volt AC output? 50 vac may seem high but a lot of older Bally machines also used that voltage back in the day.

(what is your slot machine model number?)

Below is the info I found that might apply to your machine:

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 08:15:51 AM »
Usually as a quick guide to tell if you comparitor is AC or DC is to look at the two wires coming from the coin sense head...Usually if they are gray, then your unit is AC...If they are Red and Black then the unit is DC...voltages may vary...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:04 AM »
Usually as a quick guide to tell if you comparitor is AC or DC is to look at the two wires coming from the coin sense head...Usually if they are gray, then your unit is AC...If they are Red and Black then the unit is DC...voltages may vary...

I lightened the OP's photo, it does look like there are some gray wires on one of the connectors but not sure about the coin sensor wiring.

Offline wizeguy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 06:35:01 PM »
Thanks for everyone's help and support...

The "Games of Nevada" game is a MVP 14.0098   build date is 8/1988 (Pictures attached)

The wire colors on the machine connector are:
GREY
GREY
RED
YELLOW
OPEN
BLACK

I called tech support at "Coin Mechanisms"  they are trying to figure out what the voltage is, and is it AC or DC.

thanks Kevin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »
.....I called tech support at "Coin Mechanisms"  they are trying to figure out what the voltage is, and is it AC or DC.

thanks Kevin

It's one of their older CC-40 models, they'll have to talk to an oldtimer there or dig out some old documents.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »
Here is some info I have on the CC-40...Hope this helps...
> The Coin Comparitors are as follows:
 > CC-40 Coin Mechanisms 12VDC (Used). There is a 6 plug module. The color
 > wires from the harness are as follows:
 > 1 - Gray = "TILT"
 > 2 - Purple = "10ma DC SOURCE"
 > 3 - Red = "CREDIT" - Pulls LOW when coin accepted, the LED goes out
 > momentarily, 100ma max.
 > 4 - Empty = "24VAC or 24VDC"
 > 5 - Orange = "12VAC" (Note 12VDC units use this pin)
 > 6 - Black = "Ground"

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 06:46:11 PM »
Here is some info I have on the CC-40...Hope this helps...
> The Coin Comparitors are as follows:
 > CC-40 Coin Mechanisms 12VDC (Used). There is a 6 plug module. The color
 > wires from the harness are as follows:
 > 1 - Gray = "TILT"
 > 2 - Purple = "10ma DC SOURCE"
 > 3 - Red = "CREDIT" - Pulls LOW when coin accepted, the LED goes out
 > momentarily, 100ma max.
 > 4 - Empty = "24VAC or 24VDC"
 > 5 - Orange = "12VAC" (Note 12VDC units use this pin)
 > 6 - Black = "Ground"

What if it is the 50 (48) volt AC version of a CC-40? They made them in several voltage versions according to the manufacturers website:

http://www.coinmech.com/product_profile.cfm?id=11

"CC-40 product offered in voltages ranging from 12 volts DC to 48 volts AC"

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 08:03:13 AM »
they only show 1 document dated 1986 (as shown in the photo)...It was a 24vac version...Would need to see a photo of the actual inside PC board to compare...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal