New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Konami Advantage 5 Blue screen  (Read 3320 times)

Offline kuroneko

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kuroneko New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Konami Advantage 5 Blue screen
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »
Hello. I do not have all the parts for this cabinet . The parts I have are:

back plane board
 MPU board
 power supply unit
 power distribution unit
the game chip daughter board
7 game IC's
a ram clear CF card
and a game CF card.

When I plug it all in according to the schematics in the K2V manual it starts up fine

it says

Starting System ... Resume

RAM OK/OK
ROM OK (00000000)

OS STARTED
POWER SAVE DISABLED

VIDEO OK
STORAGE OK

PC BOARD MPU OK
MMB OK 00
IFB 0F
MBC 04
SBC 00

BATTERY #1 OK
BATTERY #2 OK

AC MONITOR OK

after about 1 minute a blue screen appears with the game CF card in:

Assertion Failed:
isEnable
File:cbaspotion.cpp
Line:66
Page 1/4
Section A

With the RAM CLEAR CF in similar blue screen appears:

Assertion Failed
!"No group"
File CWavDataList.cpp
Line:373
PAGE: 2/3

Does anyone out there have a Advantage 5 they can test to see if they can duplicate this error if you start the machine up with  something unplugged? (like the Reals or Bill Validator?)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Konami Advantage 5 Blue screen
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:27:49 AM »
On my Konami K2V2 slot you must run original Konami flash cards.  Is your flash card in this a factory Konami card??

Offline kuroneko

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »
yes the game CF and ram clear are from Konami

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »
Just a few ideas here!!  Are you running the correct CLEAR card for this slot??  Are the eproms seated OK in their sockets on the memory board.  Do you have another MPU you can sub in it.  It seems to be reading the memory chips but then it stops.  You may have a bad eprom!!!  Is the onboard battery OK!!    Since both game and clear cards are giving you an error I think we can assume the cards are OK and the problem is elsewhere.  I am no expert with these slots and I know there are very few fellows on here that work with Konami.  Maybe someone can ring in and help out. My Konami's here are Advantage  plus models but I know they run the same MPU as the Advantage 5's. 

Offline kuroneko

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »
The first check it does indicates the RAM/ROM and Batteries are OK. Not sure exactly if this is checking all of the ROM/RAM though. I do not have another MPU Board but I do have another IC daughter board that connects to the MPU board I will try that one.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »
It is a software error I think.  Do you have another clear card you can use to clear the machine?? I would try that first.

Offline kuroneko

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »
No I only have the one.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal