New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Wba-11-SS No Bueno  (Read 6115 times)

Offline RILaw

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • RILaw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Wba-11-SS No Bueno
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:45:28 PM »
Ok,  so I have a V7200 Bally GM which has had a quirky BV.   It would work fine most of the time but every now and then on power up "BV Disabled ", then I would pull the cash can and slam it back in and all would be good,  sometimes it would take a few attempts.   Well now its just Disabled,  slam trick no longer working.   Pulled the transport and can,  cleaned what I could.... Nothing...   Ideas?

Thanks

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Wba-11-SS No Bueno
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:51:57 AM »
Is there a switch on the back of the housing that detects the can? Try a different can? Reseat the acceptor head and transport?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »
I guess this would operate like any other WBA,  are the red LEDS lit on the right front?,  does the unit cycle when the cash can is inserted?  there are tabs that move mounted to the back of the transport shelf, these are plastic, are they still there and working?

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:39:21 AM »
They also say on the stacker cage inside there is a couple of slides that you can tweak up to make the cash can fit tighter to the b/v. Don't have another can by chance?

Dave

"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »
Will check your tips tomorrow am and report back,  Thank You.   Yes,  it cycles and red lights come on.  It has been temperamental since I got the machine... Will also see if I have a another can,  tossed a few,  with my luck,  all the ones I need..    :sillyme:

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:25:31 AM »
Ok,  found another can and tried that... Other than the fact this can locks in place unlike the original,  no change.   Still says "Bill acceptor failure"....those little plastic tabs are present in the back and rotating the right gear makes the left tab move.

It actually says failure right as it starts to cycle,  does not wait for full cycle..

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:16 AM »
Does this machine have an optic or some type of sensor for the cash can door? I'm wondering if opening and closing the main door on power up is causing something to rattle and give an error. Trying to think of something???

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
not very familiar with the installation of a WBA on a Bally Game Maker.  does it use the seperate power supply mounted elsewhere?  since a hard knock would get it to work, are all the connectors in good shape??   no pins sticking out of their respective housings, how about the connection to the backplane?  something sounds intermittent, is the WBA flashed or eprom?   if eprom, is the chip seated properly? 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 08:26:09 PM »
not very familiar with the installation of a WBA on a Bally Game Maker.  does it use the seperate power supply mounted elsewhere?  since a hard knock would get it to work, are all the connectors in good shape??   no pins sticking out of their respective housings, how about the connection to the backplane?  something sounds intermittent, is the WBA flashed or eprom?   if eprom, is the chip seated properly?

No ps , just reseated all plugs,  checked rear pins,  reseated eprom..... No change

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
does this have a cash can door switch that has been bypassed?  maybe the connection came loose.  other then actually testing the unit to see if it works, I am out of idea's. 

Jim

to test the bill unit,remove the cash can,  remove the unit, put 1-2-3-and 8 on, switches are under the LEDS,  put unit back in machine, turn 8 off, unit should cycle briefly, now  you can run bills through the unit, it will accept them and deposit them where the cash can should be.

Signature:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 09:21:01 PM »
You say it doesn't complete the cycle upon power up?  Check the gears on the transport to make sure they look good.  Also did you ever find out if there's a switch on the back of the cage that gets actuated when the cash can is inserted? If there is, check the wires on the back of the switch to make sure they are in good.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 09:46:09 PM »
No switch on back,  no can door... Finishes cycle.. Will try test... Thanks

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
I tried that test... I could not reach #8 with acceptor in machine.... Guess I should post a Wtb ad,  Rudy has the 12/13 but said it won't work in my machine because I have the older style 11 :(

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »
Well,  just went through this POS again,  pulled eprom,  reinstalled,  pulled every connector,  reinstalled,  swapped cash boxes,  cleaned head,  crawled in and found a few questionable wires in the harness cut,  but they were always like that so I assume thats nothing..... Still fails as it starts to cycle,  even though it completes the cycle,  then is disabled.... Options?  Can I Tito this F'n thing?  Just want to play it...   :banghead: :banghead:

Um.... I just SLAMMED the door on the machine and the BV showed Green Red Green..... Shut it down and powered back up..... Green Green.... Wtf?????   So now it works??   :Scratch-Head:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 264
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 10:06:36 AM »
When you pull out the transport... did you check and clean the contacts both in the transport and the back, where it plugs in? I had the same issue and that cleared it up for me. Also check the individual pins to make sure one didn't push back or get bent from slamming.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 10:39:20 AM »
When you pull out the transport... did you check and clean the contacts both in the transport and the back, where it plugs in? I had the same issue and that cleared it up for me. Also check the individual pins to make sure one didn't push back or get bent from slamming.

Yup,  cleaned and checked.... Kinda weird a front door slam made it work,  but repeated cash can and transport slams did nothing..

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 264
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »
Have you carefully checked all wires and connectors again? Sometimes a wire looks okay but on closer inspection, it can be making intermittent contact. I just had one on my IGT that looked connected but actually was broken. The insulation held but the wire within it was mostly broken.  It took me numerous inspections ... literally looking inches away from every connector, unplugging, inspecting each wire, etc...
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal