New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Remembering Buzz  (Read 9353 times)

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
Remembering Buzz
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »
It's been just about a year since Buzz passed and I wanted to take a minute to remember him again here on Newlifegames, since today is the anniversary of the last time he was on the site. I still think of him all the time and miss our arguments. Mark and Joey used to say that we fought like an old married couple and I guess that was true; I still smile when I think about some of those "discussions."

I will get off my lazy butt soon and post some pictures that I never posted last year. Some might already be up here and many won't. I have to find them (lots of folders) resize them and get them uploaded.

StatFreak :garfield:
:nlg: Global Moderator
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Remembering Buzz
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:39:50 PM »
He was truly one of a kind and as they say they broke the mold after they made him.
Had a great big heart and would do anything for anyone, even if he didn't know them. I remember the posting where one of our members broke down in his truck on the way home from a NLG gathering. Buzz drove back home to get his vehicle to tow the members truck back home.

He was one of a kind.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »
Hard to believe it's been that long already.  Regretfully, I never got to meet Buzz in person, but we shared a few PMs and personal emails back and forth from time to time so it felt like I knew him.  I too his words of wisdom and his opinions, he was quite a character and it's still feels different around here with him gone.

Buzz, save me a stool my friend....

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Great pictures, thanks for sharing them  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 05:07:29 PM »
He was truly one of a kind and as they say they broke the mold after they made him.
Had a great big heart and would do anything for anyone, even if he didn't know them. I remember the posting where one of our members broke down in his truck on the way home from a NLG gathering. Buzz drove back home to get his vehicle to tow the members truck back home.

He was one of a kind.  :cool_thumb_up:

That was the 2009 4th of July BBQ in Bullhead, AZ. Brichter's truck blew a head gasket. Buzz had already towed his boat to Bullhead so that Joey's kids could go out on the lake. He left the boat, drove back to So Cal, got his truck and car trailer, returned to Bullhead and drove Brichter and his truck to the Bay Area before returning to So Cal. It was about 1350 miles, AND he cut short his 4th in AZ.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »
Great pic's Stat.  Buzz just had his "way" about him.  Myself and He argued over the years and then became friends to find out that we were not really that diff.  He has and will be always missed here to those that know.  I am also the one to tell it the way I see it, even if I am wrong (which happens!).  For the longest however I zip my mouth and keyboard to avoid the drama-and there has been some-sometimes I cannot refrain from the fun though.  Good post, Was and is a good man.  Years ago this forum brought people together with same interests and,  I must say most would give you their shirt off their back. To this day I have very close friends from this hobby and forum that I speak with weekly and we visit usually twice a year--- :cool_thumb_up: :cool_thumb_up: :yes: :yes: ,   Too Buzz and Joey for a great NLG forum (and of course all the rest!) 777sizzler

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »
Loved the pictures Stat. Everytime I see one with Buzz's middle finger, I say yep that was Buzz, he didn't
like his picture taken. Glad I got to meet him at one of the drawings at the Command Center. :yes:
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:00:59 AM »
Great pictures stat.
I use to visit with Buzz about twice a year to just shoot the shit and talk about things that were posted on NLG. We were overdue for a visit around Christmas and I know now he was having heart issues.
As said by others Buzz was a one of a kind guy. My first dealing with Buzz was a sand blasting about something I posted on NLG. My second was he sent me a sleeve of 4002 chips and would not accept payment until long after he shipped and I received them. Who does that??
I miss him greatly.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 02:28:11 AM »
I never met the man in person, but he was always the first person to volunteer to send me files I needed, and once sent me some CD-ROMs which I still have sitting here on my desk for use as needed.  Never charged me a dime for anything, despite my insistence.  If I recall correctly, one of the boards I have for my Game King came from him, too, and again he was just "loaning" it to me, with no realistic expectation of getting paid back.

Our politics may have been at different ends of the spectrum (I don't discuss them here or anywhere that much, for that matter), and I may not have 100% cared for his T-shirt avatar, but he was a great man, and I miss the old coot.  Hope you're doing well up there, Buzz -- you're missed here.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
... and I may not have 100% cared for his T-shirt avatar, but he was a great man, and I miss the old coot.  Hope you're doing well up there, Buzz -- you're missed here.

You know, that wasn't even his shirt; it was a picture he found on the net and it became an icon here, like my spam pig. He would have changed his avatar years ago if others hadn't insisted that he leave it up. It might have been partly about the politics of it, but it was more about that tongue-in-cheek eff u he always had at the ready.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
Yep, ol' Buzzard told it like it was and was always helpful.  Never pulled any punches.

He was fun to have around here for sure.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 05:57:56 PM »
Yep,  There is still active topics here for buzz's insanity etc.  There is only one member here that could come close to filling those shoes-guess which one!- Male or Female.  I know who it is.  They (without saying he/she) are a good member here and speak their mind.  I would be in the latter runner-up category for all my old antics!!-- :duh: :Tongue_Out: .

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
I don't think anyone could fill his shoes. He had the right combination of personality traits to be the way he was and you just don't find that often. Along with his desire to help like he did I just don't think it can be matched by anyone on here

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 07:34:21 PM »
Rob, I stated -Come close-no, no one will ever be the same. 

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
I like most everybody else, have a story about Buzz. I wanted (and did) put S2000 back plates in the coin tray on my S+ games. Buzz was livid (as Buzz got) about it. He gave me a story about having a dog that didn't bark. And teaching it to bark. Why would anybody teach a dog to bark? That was the question.... Why would anybody want to make an S+ louder. I still think of him whenever I look at the coin trays and see that speaker. After that "sandblasting" I needed an SP chip for a machine and he contacted me for my address and sent it to me and would not take anything for it. He was a Gem that had a huge heart but didn't mind telling you what he thought. I miss him on here and think about him often. RIP Buzz.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline thebuzzsson

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • thebuzzsson New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 11:07:39 PM »
No one ever caught on that my old man would have NEVER. Wore a t- shirt especially if it said something on it. . Lol

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 03:06:04 PM »

No one ever caught on that my old man would have NEVER. Wore a t- shirt especially if it said something on it. . Lol

Your right,
Of all the pictures I have see of Buzz, he never had a T-shirt on. Usually it was a button shirt and very casual.
Thank you again for logging in with comments, it's great to remember an all time classic member here. He touched and helped so many here I hope you keep the great memories alive.

Offline thebuzzsson

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • thebuzzsson New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 08:33:41 AM »
Kinda seemed strange to hear someone on here call him buzzard.that was his cb handle long ago when he ran the road . Lol

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal