New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: E1 - error?  (Read 12668 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
E1 - error?
« on: September 22, 2016, 08:09:52 AM »
Never thought I would be posting for a Pashislo - what I do for my customers.  Got a Sammy machine - power up gets shows E1 - i do the reset as indicated - power off - turn reset key to right - power up - press the handle - error codes away - remove the key - and machine runs.  If you power off again - the E1 appears again. 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: E1 - error?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
Barry I just found a video that supposedly explains how to clear the error. It seems to explain it well. I think it's explaining how to do a full reset.
Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzs-_NBtguo
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
that is what i have been doing - the E1 clears but keeps coming back.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
I had an error on a machine a long time ago and did a partial reset which didn't work.
Then I did a more complicated "full reset" and it solved the problem.
Well - hopefully someone else will chime in.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 06:55:40 AM »
how do you do a FULL RESET?   the instructions only indicate the reset key which clears the code - but the error reappears once you power off and on again. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »
Here's something Kevin posted back in 2011 about the E1 error, may be some helpful info:

Title: Re: E1 error message
Post by: knagl on March 07, 2011, 05:26:25 PM
Another great site is http://www.pachitalk.com/ .

E1 means your hopper is (or was) jammed.  With the power off, remove the hopper and empty all of the coins out of it.  Make sure that there are no coins jammed in the hopper, then put the hopper back into the machine.

You may wish to perform a full reset of the machine.  Here's a link to download a manual that applies to your machine, and explains how to reset it:

www.stealthhomeamusements.com/media/sammy-arist-rodeo-newigt.pdf

full discussion at:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=printpage;topic=11896.0

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 04:28:24 PM »
i did remove the hopper - cleaned it and the optic - no change.  I got a manual which I didn't read completely - so the full reset will eliminate the error if the hopper is good?

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • chuck300x11 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 06:51:15 AM »
I have an error on my machine that is similar to yours. Mine is an e4 that comes up with every startup. From the research I did it seems there is a bad cap on the main board that causes the error on every startup. One solution is to keep the machine on. The other is to find that cap and replace it. I will post the cap I was told needs to be replaced in my next post.

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 06:56:15 AM »
It seems the cap is the one that has something to do with memory. It was also called a super cap. I have no idea where it is. My machine just stays unplugged as I haven't found anyone that can fix the board. Apparently this is a common problem as these machines get older. None of them has a battery backup. It's not a problem in Japan as they keep them on 24 hours a day

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 08:16:47 AM »
It seems the cap is the one that has something to do with memory. It was also called a super cap. I have no idea where it is. My machine just stays unplugged as I haven't found anyone that can fix the board. Apparently this is a common problem as these machines get older. None of them has a battery backup. It's not a problem in Japan as they keep them on 24 hours a day

A "supercap" is a capacitor that works as a battery. It holds a voltage charge for a long period of time due to the way it is made. You can think of it as a battery, although technically it is a capacitor. They are often used in electrical devices where you want to retain settings in memory, like in a stereo radio that lets you store your favorite radio stations. But they can go bad after several years and need to be replaced, similar to what needs to be done with a battery.

Here is some info about them:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercapacitor
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 08:43:14 AM »
Are we still on topic?   

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »
You said you went through the standard reset procedure and the error keeps coming back. The supercap is probably the reason.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »
just checking - so do we have a location of this part?   Error reappearing makes sense.  thank you

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 09:59:45 PM »
Are we still on topic?   

yes I think so - anything that helps you to solve the problem would be pertinent.

.....so do we have a location of this part?.....

I don't have a drawing or schematic of the main logic board, if you post a photo of it maybe someone will recognize the supercap/battery and point it out. The ones I've seen in stereos were called "golden capacitors" due to their color, but yours could look entirely different.

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »
Sorry I can't be more help than this but even the guys who have these machines don't know where the cap is. They live with resetting their machine when they turn them on. I tried keeping the machine powered on for an extended period and when I shut it off and turned it on today the error was gone and I didn't have to reset it. It may just need to be left on to charge the cap up. What I don't know is how long it can be off before losing the charge again.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 05:37:31 PM »
how do you do a FULL RESET?   the instructions only indicate the reset key which clears the code - but the error reappears once you power off and on again. 

page 5 of this basic Sammy machine manual gives the full reset process, but you may have already tried it.

Also, see Note 1 under the error code chart. It mentions that if the hopper token eject switch is inadvertently left in the wrong position you will get a persistent error.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:58:45 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »
seems to be only ONE RESET - FULL RESET - which everyone has agreed clears the error code UNLESS there is a board problem with a CAP.  So has anyone identified what part this super cap is? 

Offline chuck300x11

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
Seems the e1 error on a Sammy machine is a memory error and not a hopper error. It's possible that the machine has not been used enough or has been unplugged for a long period of time causing the supercap to lose its charge. I left my machine on for 10 hours and now I don't get the memory error on startup anymore. Give it a try.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
Last night I turned on a pichislo machine that I haven't used in over two years and it had the E1 error, I reset the machine and left it running for about 5 hours and turned it off. Today some 18 hours later I turned it on and no errors. How long the super cap will stay charged is anybodies guess but I would think not more than a week or two at most.
For what it's worth
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 09:47:50 AM »
I left my pashislo on for 12 hours - following day - voila - E1 error. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal