New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ebola.... NLG's Featured Post of the Week  (Read 15662 times)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Ebola.... NLG's Featured Post of the Week
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 06:03:23 AM »
O.K. guys, I live close, about 30 miles from there, so here is my 2 cents.  I am a firefighter, have been for over 35 years, and i know a lot about hazardous materials / bio containment procedures etc.   I will tell you straight up, the govt. is feeding the public a load of shit about this!!!!   When personnel are wearing are wearing level B suits, (the public calls them moon suits) and then tells you that you cant be exposed by contact with surfaces, etc its a load of horse crap.  Those suits aint cheap, and you dont wear the damn things unless you have to!. CDC and multiple other long term studies have shown that the virus can live on surfaces outside of the body for up to six to ten days, dependent on the variant strain.  That's strong stuff gents.  The Feds, the locals, and the hospital have all dropped the damn ball big time here!
As for me and mine, we are staying the hell away from Dallas, and taking extra precautions, as I think everyone else should.

One only needs to read the book Hot Zone by Richard Preston to get the big picture of what this virus really is. I've had this book on my bookshelf for 20+ years and it explains the research done in the early 80's with this virus at the CDC in Atlanta and the Reston Monkey House just outside Washington DC. Medical research teams of Army doctors and the CDC did extensive testing and attempts to develop anti-bodies to this virus. An interesting point during the study at the Reston location where they had caged monkeys infected with the virus on one side of the room and non-infected caged monkeys on the other. The lab was a sterile environment with workers wearing haz-mat suites but within one week the non-infected monkeys were testing positive. The military currently claims that airborne transmission has not occurred in humans and that there are many variant or strains of this virus. The possibility of this being airborne is a reality. If that's not scary enough, to see what this virus does internally on the human body will really freak you out. It destroys the cell walls of the internal organs and turns them into liquid, a very painful death. The upside it's usually quick, within 3 or 4 days of full onset.

Ever since 9/11 I have been issued a bio-hazard kit that stays with me in my car. It contains a Tyvek level 1 suite. Nitrile gloves and boots, a roll of duct tape, 3 Mark I auto injectors and one canister filter for use in nerve agents and other toxic materials. Death by nerve agents is gruesome as it affects the body with signs and symptoms of SLUDGE,   S= Salivation  L= Lacrimation (tearing)  U= Urination  D= Defecation or Diarrhea  G= GI Distress  E= Emesis (vomiting)   at least with a nerve agent once the body is deceased and relocated outside the hot zone it doesn't spread to others. EBOLA continues to live and consume the corpse of the victim until it's destroyed by cremation in a retort chamber.   Ya, this one scares the hell out of me!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:25:46 AM by Neonkiss »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
Well, just seen one of the Dallas Ebola patients nurses has tested positive after reporting a low grade fever....apparently, she wore the protective gear while attending to Duncan, however, there may have been a "breach" according to officials.  :duh: :duh: :duh:

How in the hell is there a "breach" when healthcare personnel are aware of the danger associated?????
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »
Well, just seen one of the Dallas Ebola patients nurses has tested positive after reporting a low grade fever....apparently, she wore the protective gear while attending to Duncan, however, there may have been a "breach" according to officials.  :duh: :duh: :duh:

How in the hell is there a "breach" when healthcare personnel are aware of the danger associated? ??? ?

Possibly when removing the protection!!!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
Probably not the best idea...

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
And so it begins....
Second one in Dallas and she just got back from a flight to Cleveland. Took her own temp, which was elevated, but because it would have interfered with wedding plans she'd rather jeopardize god knows how many people than get checked after one of her colleagues tested positive a few days earlier. People are to self centered to give us a really good shot at containment.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
The big question is, why isn't everyone who treated the guy in quarantine until the so called "incubation" period passes?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
They're professionals, they're self-monitoring

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »
They are professionals But they are also normal under-paid folks thrown into this Ebola mess.  There was talk of cutting of flights etc. from infected areas. I would agree with this but the military and Gov. prob. won't.  Slap in the face-This sheet is here and coming here every day in my opinion.   

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
Story we're hearing on local news is that this person was in town to visit her mother in Tallmadge and plan her wedding....yep about 5 miles north of our shop.  :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4: :EmoticonHelp4:  As a result were running some blow-out specials...

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »
Jim, Perhaps "red-light" specials-- :Tongue_Out: ,  No joke though this sheet is real.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:25 PM »
I am just totally disappointed in the nurse for even boarding the plane in the first place. She had already taken her temperature and KNEW she had a low grade fever!!! If we cannot trust our care givers to monitor themselves (when at a known risk) and be mindful of others health and safety, then WTF?!?!?

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »
Maybe I should have said "E-blow-out specials".

Have to say its a little scary at this point.  It's one thing when it was a 1000 miles away and a whole other thing when the people that person associated with during her visit could very well be at the stores, gas stations, bank, post office, etc. that we go to on a regular almost daily basis.  Knowing the incubation period is about 7 days I've already told my wife we will be in lock down for 2 weeks beginning 6 days from now.  I'm picking up supplies tomorrow for two months and we will not be out in public... period, only to work and straight home, until I hear something one way or another here locally.  Based on what I've heard in the news, she was potentially infective at the tail end of her trip and just before she got on the flight back to Dallas with hugs and kisses goodbye no doubt.   I've already told the subcontractors that work for me that shop is shutting down for at least two weeks although I will still be working...I just don't want them around and customers will have to wait.  Fortunately my wife works by herself at a oil refinery lab and wears a lot of protective gear and other than walking by a guard house does not need to associate with anyone.

Am I overreacting?  I don't think so at this point.  With the ongoing moronic decisions, or lack there of, and lack of control from the "professionals", we have now seen the disease brought into the country passed onto at least two and likely more health care workers that had at least some protection, and allowed to travel all the way to another state with the potential for another blossoming up here to begin and spread.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
I agree with folks that have "hands-on" dealing with this.  There are normal ailments that induce fever etc. other than this sheet so this is a tough one.  I still think the gov. is not forwarding all the info. on this yet.  As another stated- "Zombies"  only thing is the zombies Don't live --yet.  Sorry jim,  We cross-posted.  I agree with you and what you said.  I will do the same here.  I think this is a bigger epidemic than is stated on media news. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »
I don't think it's an overreaction at all Jim. We live in a small town that is a tour bus stop coming from San Francisco on the way to Yosemite. The grocery store that I usually shop at sees, literally, 100s of international (mostly European and Asian) tourists daily. The tourists love our produce. After seeing Duncan flew out of Africa, landed in Belgium, then on to New York, it is easy to see how an infected person could spread that "love" pretty quickly around the world....needless to say, I have changed my shopping habits until further notice, as I don't even like to think of all the possibilities of contamination in that store (restrooms, produce, bakery, cash register touch screens, shopping carts)...

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
I am just totally disappointed in the nurse for even boarding the plane in the first place. She had already taken her temperature and KNEW she had a low grade fever!!!
Well let's not blame her totally.
She called the CDC TWICE and told them about her low grade fever and they TOLD HER it was OK to take the flight.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »
True, true...I've been following it and I have never heard that they specifically told her it was "OK" to fly, just that they never told her NOT to fly. Same difference, but one covers CDC's butt more than the other. At that point, there was no policy in place, so they really had to tread lightly on restricting someone from traveling since she had not officially tested positive yet.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
, there was no policy in place, so they really had to tread lightly...

Not true, they had a policy and they knew exactly who she was. The problem was she did not meet the requirements to hold flight restrictions on her since the requirement was a temp of 100.4 and she only had a temp of 99.5

They really need to look at their procedures and get a grip on this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-nurse-called-cdc-several-times/

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39:29 AM »
Thanks Neon! I feel better knowing there was a policy in place! Lame stream media doesn't tell much and this is the first I had heard! Youve been very informative on this topic!  :hail: :hail:

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »
I agree that we need to be careful dealing with this.

I have another question why do we allow people that have a cold, flu, any GI infection, or the like that can easily spread go to work or school.

I think if someone has a Cold, Flu, any food born illness, or the like should be required to stay home from work or school.
If it is serious enough go to the doctor or such
I know listing colds is a bit much but it could be more serious than a cold.

Medicine is not an exact science either.
Any one that watched House would know what I mean.

Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal